Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2016, 01:44 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
TI don't get why she gets close to me yet is somewhat distant

Any ideas?
I'm going to go with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Maybe she's getting "closer" because she has trouble hearing you.
My gym is obnoxiously loud even when there aren't a lot of people there due to the overhead system. I stopped using my headphones because I didn't want to blast them in my ears to drown it out.

When I've gone with my BFF, I've had to invade his space to check in with him to see where he's at time wise in his workout so he can hear me - while not deaf, he does have one ear he doesn't hear all that well out of. And if I'm on the wrong side in a noisy place, he doesn't hear me at all.

Someone can have hearing issues without it being apparent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 01:48 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Bottom line, I need to flirt with her more and see how that goes. I need to show interest, I didn't do a good enough job before obviously.

She has unquestionably pulled back. Yet we still do the eye contact thing and other stuff.

She likely thinks I'm not interested and I am just a gym chatting buddy. So NW girl is correct.

I cant ask now.Im going to be more bold and show interest, and see how that goes.

Um.... hello!?!

Dude... nothing shows interest more than asking her out.

What's the matter with you?

Old 05-19-2016, 01:57 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,898,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
This may be the only thing in this thread that is believable. He has said that they aren't always there at the same time, though he does seem to go to the gym an awful lot.

Personally, I hate going to the gym - I'm one chiropractor appt away from being told my latest workout plan is also incompatible with my body, just like all the others before it so the gym hates me too - so for me to actually do it, I have to make it a consistent part of my routine. With my current plan, I'm supposed to go 3x a week. Weekends, I go in the morning so it's out of the way and I don't have to try to fit it in later. Weekdays, if I don't go right after work, it just doesn't happen.
You gotta be kidding me, everything I say Is real and in detail. I wouldn't waste my time on here if it wasn't .

It's amazing to me that you all contribute.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I'm going to go with this:

My gym is obnoxiously loud even when there aren't a lot of people there due to the overhead system. I stopped using my headphones because I didn't want to blast them in my ears to drown it out.

When I've gone with my BFF, I've had to invade his space to check in with him to see where he's at time wise in his workout so he can hear me - while not deaf, he does have one ear he doesn't hear all that well out of. And if I'm on the wrong side in a noisy place, he doesn't hear me at all.

Someone can have hearing issues without it being apparent.
That's not it we stand close right in front of each other she moves closer in. She can hear me it was dafter s couple minutes.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:01 PM

Sorry, I forgot the only possible reason is because she's still totally into you and this isn't dead. And she wasn't really being distant and cold, she was just having a bad day.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Um.... hello!?!

Dude... nothing shows interest more than asking her out.

What's the matter with you?
Why is she somewhat distant yet leans in? I will likely up the flirting first and see how she responds. I feel like she won't do anything unless I'm expressing interest.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot the only possible reason is because she's still totally into you and this isn't dead. And she wasn't really being distant and cold, she was just having a bad day.
She's not extremely distant it's mild, she's not mad at me or unfriendly. I can't tell if you were being sarcastic

Old 05-19-2016, 02:11 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
This isn't dead I'm going to keep talking and try to open it back up. I don't get why she gets close to me yet is somewhat distant

Any ideas?

She wouldn't do this if it was totally dead so I think something is still there. Our talks are getting better and were more acquainted. I'll try to flirt more and see how that goes.
Define close?

It could be a million reasons mate but to be honest you should have been more flirty and charming ages ago.

The one thing that I really can't believe is when you didn't approach her when she had friends with her, I know it's better one on one but IMO it shows that you're more serious if you're " brave " enough to approach a group of girls.

Even if it starts of as platonic and works its way up It really does work in your favour mate

Old 05-19-2016, 02:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Why is she somewhat distant yet leans in? I will likely up the flirting first and see how she responds. I feel like she won't do anything unless I'm expressing interest.
Oh my GOD!

Because she is being POLITE!

Polite!

As a woman (don't know whether you men are taught this sort of thing too) you're supposed to at least fake interest if someone is speaking to you. Because. It's. Polite. One way to do that is to lean in as if absolutely fascinated...even if you wish an earthquake would create a giant crevasse to swallow the person so you won't be forced to listen to his drivel any more.

She wouldn't be cold and distant and blah-blah if she wanted to go out with you romantically.

The leaning in is a socially-instilled behavior that we nice girls MUST do, well, until we get so fed up that we crack, yell at the person (hence embarrassing and humiliating him in public), then run away in tears and probably go join another gym.

You're welcome.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
She's not extremely distant it's mild, she's not mad at me or unfriendly. I can't tell if you were being sarcastic
The sarcasm emoticon should have been a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships