Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 10:18 AM

579 posts, read 555,914 times

Advertisements

too much dirty talk. Especially the P word.. You know the other word for female genitalia. Something about that word just makes me cringe. talking so much during sex just feels unnatural and takes me away from the sensation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2016, 10:32 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Shortly after my first marriage ended, I once was trying to put of this kid who was hitting on me. I think I convinced him that I killed my first husband. But yet, I think he was still interested. (For the record, I didn't kill him.)

Years later, I was student teaching and Ronald McDonald came to the school to put on a show. I was "volunteered" to participate. I basically did a "Vanna White" revealing letters/words type thing. I was really hamming it up and having a good time. Good old Ron made a comment that I was really getting into it. Then he said, "We should go for coffee sometime." I asked myself, "Was I just asked out by Ronald McDonald?" I have been asked out by a bunch of clowns before but this one took the cake!

Cat

Old 04-17-2016, 10:51 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
The weirdest things where I Live? Not being into drugs, and not being knee deep into Jesus.

Old 04-17-2016, 12:42 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Shortly after my first marriage ended, I once was trying to put of this kid who was hitting on me. I think I convinced him that I killed my first husband. But yet, I think he was still interested. (For the record, I didn't kill him.)

Years later, I was student teaching and Ronald McDonald came to the school to put on a show. I was "volunteered" to participate. I basically did a "Vanna White" revealing letters/words type thing. I was really hamming it up and having a good time. Good old Ron made a comment that I was really getting into it. Then he said, "We should go for coffee sometime." I asked myself, "Was I just asked out by Ronald McDonald?" I have been asked out by a bunch of clowns before but this one took the cake!
So you didn't go??

Old 04-17-2016, 01:29 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Oh, ha ha! I finally thought of something weird that put someone off about me.

I went out with a guy who was about 2.5 years younger than I was (I think - trying to remember). We had talked about our ages and had even exchanged when our birthdays were, just stuff we had covered in small talk prior to our first date. You know, what do you do for a living, how old are you, where did you go to school, typical small talk stuff and I guess our birthdays got in there somewhere. That specifically didn't mean much at the time but it was cause for a "hmmm" later, read on...

So he took me to three different places during the date...as it started to get very late at night I kept saying I should probably get home (nicely, and letting him know I'd be glad to see him again) but he kept thinking of something we just "had to" do...not expensive stuff or anything, I didn't squeeze this guy dry or anything...for example, one was this "great" place to get ice cream cones. Another was some pretty drive or other through the mountains.

So by that point it was late and I wanted to get home (work in the A.M.) and he asked if we could go back to his place to play board games. (LOL!) I told him I'd love to do that another time. His face fell, he got ANGRY and wouldn't say another word to me on the drive back to my car for me to go home.

Afterward he didn't IM (this was in the old days of AIM) me or call me. So I saw his username come up some time later and out of curiosity I asked what had happened after our date, I hadn't heard from him. He snapped, "You could have IMd me, you know." I laughed, "That's what I'm doing!"

He launched into this (typed) diatribe about how I'd lied and misled him about my "age" and "how much older" (2.5 years???). I was all, UM what? He said, "You told me you're 31. But you're about to turn 32." I said, "Yes, in four more months! LOL! I'm not nine years old, I don't start calling myself ten a third of a year in advance. Plus, I told you WHEN I'd be 32, exactly when, actually."

He sent a few grumbly nonsensical IMs after that so I just said goodbye and closed off communication.

Anyway, that probably wasn't the issue. I'm guessing it was because I had refused to, um...play board games with him. But the official reason I turned him off was for being a liar and not calling myself 32 when I was still 31, LOL.

By the way, this was a very normal-seeming, very upstanding guy. And I guess overall he was...he was even a teacher. But some guys just can't take no, I guess...not even if it's only no after having literally only been in their presence for a total of four hours before sealing the deal.

Last edited by JerZ; 04-17-2016 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Whoops, corrected the exact age...this was some time ago!

Old 04-17-2016, 01:31 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So you didn't go??

Nope. In fact I was dating my now husband at the time. But, I have to say, he floored me when he said that-and it was in the middle of the show. This was in front of the entire school. I wonder how many people heard/caught what he said.

Cat

Old 04-17-2016, 01:35 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:

Cat
Oh my GOD! This was great! I can't stop laughing!

Old 04-17-2016, 01:57 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
The two that were most unique were one that didn't travel. She said she didn't like traveling at all. Next!

The other I turned down was someone who was having to help out with a family business and was not thrilled about it. I had just gotten out of a relationship with someone who wanted to saddle us up with a family business that I wanted no part of. That may not be a deal breaker now but it was then.

Old 04-17-2016, 01:58 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Quote:

Cat
Would Ronald have taken you out to McDonald's for coffee?

Old 04-17-2016, 02:04 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
Admitting they like going on vacation in Las Vegas aka a dengenerate consumption paradise.

Any Jesus. ball sports or political talk and I'm out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships