Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 05:49 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,454,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Would you accept that?
I wouldn't even notice. Good for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 08:44 AM

10,337 posts, read 5,821,664 times
I am surprised and pleased by the open-minded replies. I'm wondering as an 'older woman' when I get messaged on a dating site by men 15+ years younger, what's the big attraction- really? Beause of the big age difference I automatically feel suspicious and don't know whether or not to reply. Maybe that's because I've been out of the dating loop for decades...?

Old 04-19-2016, 10:16 AM

23,154 posts, read 26,055,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
I am surprised and pleased by the open-minded replies. I'm wondering as an 'older woman' when I get messaged on a dating site by men 15+ years younger, what's the big attraction- really? Beause of the big age difference I automatically feel suspicious and don't know whether or not to reply. Maybe that's because I've been out of the dating loop for decades...?
All you'll be wasting is some typing time and you can usually figure out pretty quick whether they're serious or just trying out the "cougar" thing because they've heard it's so supposedly easy and/ or aren't getting anywhere with their own age group.
You can always suggest meeting at Chuckee-Cheese and if they say yes.....run!

Old 04-19-2016, 10:51 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,851,374 times
Quote:
I hate to say this, because I don't want to diminish actual such relationships that have worked out, but I think there's this mythology that "older women" don't require the "games" (read: actually being taken out somewhere and treated like a person) that the "young hotties" do. The idea is that the older woman is aggressive, will pay for your drink rather than the other way around, respond very favorably to a direct, romance-free suggestion of having sex and once in the bedroom, this horny, lonely, aggressive, grateful person will give the "younger guy" the ride of his life.

As I said, this isn't the way it has to be. There are wonderful, romantic age-difference stories out there. But if you're getting loads of approaches from much younger guys who know absolutely zip about you, well...

Old 04-19-2016, 11:28 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,772,356 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I hate to say this, because I don't want to diminish actual such relationships that have worked out, but I think there's this mythology that "older women" don't require the "games" (read: actually being taken out somewhere and treated like a person) that the "young hotties" do. The idea is that the older woman is aggressive, will pay for your drink rather than the other way around, respond very favorably to a direct, romance-free suggestion of having sex and once in the bedroom, this horny, lonely, aggressive, grateful person will give the "younger guy" the ride of his life.

As I said, this isn't the way it has to be. There are wonderful, romantic age-difference stories out there. But if you're getting loads of approaches from much younger guys who know absolutely zip about you, well...
I was always interested in and attracted to women older than me and not just for sex this goes clear back to when I was 20 years old. Most recently this was someone over 50 and over 10 years older than me because I adored her personality and found her attractive as well. However I am officially done with them, and only go for younger now. This last one, was the last straw. If you're already dating one fine but it's the pre-dating mating dance in which I have found they are terrible.

They play more games than younger women, have more issues than younger women, more baggage than younger women, too set in their ways compared to younger women, more insecurities than younger women which causes problems during the wooing process, the list is endless. They are much worse for pursuing than a younger woman and I don't blame any guy for going younger after what I have experienced.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:29 AM

20,683 posts, read 19,810,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Would you accept that?
Would it make a difference if I wouldn't?

Let's try it:

I don't accept it. Will they stop dating now?

Old 04-19-2016, 12:15 PM

48,292 posts, read 34,425,363 times
Quote:

When I was on OLD some of the younger guys TOTALLY gave off that vibe.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-19-2016, 12:22 PM

953 posts, read 837,408 times
Two consenting adults ... no coercion involved = nobody's business but theirs.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:49 PM

19,601 posts, read 20,042,882 times
Quote:

Totally. ^ I have a younger male friend who is constantly going after older women because they're easy targets. It's a quick lay, he gets to brag & feel like a mack, all while gaining sexual experience for when he meets the younger woman of his dreams. It's kinda sick actually, but whatever. . . He has a very bossy/controling mother - which I believe plays into his mentality as well. (Sexual conquests n all that.. ) The older woman is like a surrogate Mom who's dtf.. Lol

Old 04-19-2016, 04:19 PM

4,033 posts, read 2,687,078 times
It doesn't have to be accepted by anyone other than the two involved. Not everyone (family and friends) will be all comfy with the idea, but the notion that they absolutely should not be dating is silly.

OP, maybe it's just a fling anyway - no harm in that. If it is serious and successful, then good for the both of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships