Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2016, 01:16 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Did you miss the part where I said I wouldn't care or find it disrespectful if he had other dates without telling me? He's not my boyfriend and he can do what he wants.
Didn't miss it. It also wasn't what I was talking about. Which is considering moving an established date for a date with another person. You ended up not doing it (because you didn't need to), but you were considering it, which is just rude, and telling and not ethical in the sphere of dating multiple people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 01:16 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There is nothing wrong with multi dating. There is something wrong with not treating people, even people you don't know, with the respect you'd like to be given.

It's the sense that the OP gives that she owes none of them anything, when, even with strangers, you owe them something: common courtesy.
So what guy is she most interested in? The guy she had went on two dates with already, or the guy she reached back in the past for?

All this multi-dating stuff just makes me breath a sigh of relief. Just reading these post make me want to eat popcorn and keep refreshing the thread, while also slightly increasing my anxiety. I say the OP can do what she pleases, but I'm a firm believer that once you start juggling you tend to lose the bunch.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
All this multi-dating stuff just makes me breath a sigh of relief. Just reading these post make me want to eat popcorn and keep refreshing the thread, while also slightly increasing my anxiety. I say the OP can do what she pleases, but I'm a firm believer that once you start juggling you tend to lose the bunch.
There is multi dating, which is one thing. Then there is rescheduling a person when you have plans established to try to fit in another person, which is something else. Then there is having one person you really want to see and having everyone else as fall backs. I don't know many people that think it is acceptable to have something scheduled, then moving that person to another day to fit in someone else. No one would like to be treated as a fall back / back up date, so don't do it to others. Its actually fairly simple. Conceptually, anyway.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:21 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times
Quote:
Didn't miss it. It also wasn't what I was talking about. Which is considering moving an established date for a date with another person. You ended up not doing it (because you didn't need to), but you were considering it, which is just rude, and telling and not ethical in the sphere of dating multiple people.
Rude or not, if after two dates with me, this guy had a chance to go out with the woman of his dreams and decided to cancel on me in order to do so, that's his choice. It's his life and I don't expect him to make my feelings a priority at this point.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Rude or not, if after two dates with me, this guy had a chance to go out with the woman of his dreams and decided to cancel on me in order to do so, that's his choice. It's his life and I don't expect him to make my feelings a priority at this point.
Yes, it would be his choice. His choice to be rude.

Most of us prefer not to date rude people. And if someone is rude like that, I'd rather not reschedule with them. Most (good) people would not.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:24 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
There is multi dating, which is one thing. Then there is rescheduling a person when you have plans established to try to fit in another person, which is something else. Then there is having one person you really want to see and having everyone else as fall backs. I don't know many people that think it is acceptable to have something scheduled, then moving that person to another day to fit in someone else. No one would like to be treated as a fall back / back up date, so don't do it to others. Its actually fairly simple. Conceptually, anyway.

That is the point, precisely, but SLS can't or won't see it.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Yes, it would be his choice. His choice to be rude.

Most of us prefer not to date rude people. And if someone is rude like that, I'd rather not reschedule with them. Most (good) people would not.
"Rude" is subjective. I think you're rude and people still date you. Meanwhile, this guy is texting me asking if he can see me today (I declined) and then he suggested that we could see each other two days this weekend instead of just one, so obviously he's cool with our interactions thus far.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Can't, I think.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I'm not treating him as a backup. Heck, I paid for the date and he was very appreciative.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:42 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:

She doesn't see it because it's not happening directly to her. She's driving the car in this situation and getting to date two guys at once. When you're dating to pursue a long-term relationship, it can be easy to just become the option to someone else. Maybe they are just truly looking to date around, or they really have no clue what dating looks like for them, so they're figuring it out. Dating is all about timing quite frankly. Someone who isn't good for you today could be good for you tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships