Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2016, 12:36 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
As a guy, I would MUCH RATHER here that you were interested in someone else, then wonder what may have gone wrong.
Yeah, the latter is just game playing and avoiding adult responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 12:43 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
As a guy, I would MUCH RATHER here that you were interested in someone else, then wonder what may have gone wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, the latter is just game playing and avoiding adult responsibility.
Timberline, you were saying before that I should treat people the way I would want to be treated, and as I said before, I wouldn't want any guy telling me that they like some other woman more than me. I can assume that but I don't want to hear that. But I guess what you really meant is that I shouldn't treat people the way I would want to be treated, but instead the way that you would want to be treated.

Old 04-25-2016, 12:47 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Timberline, you were saying before that I should treat people the way I would want to be treated, and as I said before, I wouldn't want any guy telling me that they like some other woman more than me. I can assume that but I don't want to hear that. But I guess what you really meant is that I shouldn't treat people the way I would want to be treated, but instead the way that you would want to be treated.

Oh please, give me a break. Way to avoid responsibility. Once again.

So don't tell him you like someone else more. Straight up and tell him you aren't interested in seeing him again and end it at that.

Jesus H Christ. Poor guys are just being toyed with.

Old 04-25-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh please, give me a break. Way to avoid responsibility. Once again.

So don't tell him you like someone else more. Straight up and tell him you aren't interested in seeing him again and end it at that.

Jesus H Christ. Poor guys are just being toyed with.
I'm not toying with anyone. We had three nice dates that we both enjoyed, but that's all it was. I spent more money than he did and I'm not complaining that it was a waste of my time. Things don't always work out. I'm not required to give him an explanation at all. I had some concerns about him when we first met, so it wasn't all about the other guy.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:09 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
I'm not toying with anyone. We had three nice dates that we both enjoyed, but that's all it was. I spent more money than he did and I'm not complaining that it was a waste of my time. Things don't always work out. I'm not required to give him an explanation at all. I had some concerns about him when we first met, so it wasn't all about the other guy.
You're more than entitled to not want to go out with him anymore for any reason, but he definitely deserves to know that you found someone else, or at the very least, tell him that you aren't interested anymore and leave it at that.

PS. If you don't, he may still think he has a chance and keep contacting you.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
You're more than entitled to not want to go out with him anymore for any reason, but he definitely deserves to know that you found someone else, or at the very least, tell him that you aren't interested anymore and leave it at that.

PS. If you don't, he may still think he has a chance and keep contacting you.
I think he understood from our discussion that we won't be moving forward. It was an honest discussion and he seems to have a pretty good read on my personality and was very clear in letting me know what his take on the situation was.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:15 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
L O L . . . People always say they want the truth, but very rarely do they actually want to hear it.. I give people only what they've shown me they can handle.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:31 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,222 times
Quote:
As I guessed it's the old guy anytime over the other. Good that you're progressing with him, but I feel sorry for the poor guy who actually helped you to reconnect with old guy .

Last edited by softcrunch; 04-25-2016 at 02:39 PM..

Old 04-25-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
As I guessed it's the old guy anytime over the other. Good that you're progressing with him, but I feel sorry for the poor guy who actually helped you to connect with old guy again.
I feel bad too because I think he's been very genuine and I think he would've been a good person to continue getting to know. When I canceled our date for Saturday, he wanted to reschedule for Sunday. But I was with the other guy on Friday and Saturday and I didn't feel right about seeing anyone else on Sunday. Yes, I could have because I still think it's too early to be cutting off others when I don't know exactly where things stand with me and the other guy, but it's a chance I'm willing to take. He really knocked my socks off over the weekend and I keep replaying it over and over again in my head...

Old 04-26-2016, 12:24 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
I feel bad too because I think he's been very genuine and I think he would've been a good person to continue getting to know. When I canceled our date for Saturday, he wanted to reschedule for Sunday. But I was with the other guy on Friday and Saturday and I didn't feel right about seeing anyone else on Sunday. Yes, I could have because I still think it's too early to be cutting off others when I don't know exactly where things stand with me and the other guy, but it's a chance I'm willing to take. He really knocked my socks off over the weekend and I keep replaying it over and over again in my head...

It's only too early to cut off people when you have the upper hand. We've all been there before so I'm not one to point fingers. When you have options dating, you do have the ability to relax more and work through those options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships