Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2016, 04:17 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,470,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
lol, I don't think that even counts. A lot of people went through awkward/ugly phases in high school.
Yup I wasn't fighting them off at that age for sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 04:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,717,738 times
I looked like a librarian hippy that wore t-shirts.

Old 04-24-2016, 04:33 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,166,810 times
Quote:
lol, I don't think that even counts. A lot of people went through awkward/ugly phases in high school.
But sadly some don't grow out of it. I was ugly and teased by boys in HS, and am still ugly now, imo. lol If not ugly, then plain at best.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:01 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,544,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
But sadly some don't grow out of it. I was ugly and teased by boys in HS, and am still ugly now, imo. lol If not ugly, then plain at best.
Kids can be cruel. I remember a boy calling me ugly in elementary school.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:28 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,166,810 times
Quote:
Kids can be cruel. I remember a boy calling me ugly in elementary school.
Yeah. Ironically kids and young adults can be some of the nastiest. I got called ugly by a few guys, in addition to the guys I liked never giving me the time of day, or mocking or teasing me when they did. So my self-esteem just got low from MS to HS. But thankfully, school is over. So I no longer have to deal with anyone there. lol

Last edited by HappyRain; 04-24-2016 at 05:39 PM..

Old 04-24-2016, 05:32 PM

28,575 posts, read 18,611,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
She was made fun of her woofin hair and braces.Even the Beavis and Butthead movie made fun of it. But now she's pretty so good for her.
A lot of women have to grow into attractiveness. My daughter did (or thinks she did...I always thought she was lovely).

But I also think a woman becomes much more lovely when she begins to think of herself as someone who is lovable...and begins to show that in how she addresses herself to men who catch her interest.

I don't think it's true that men make the first move. I think the first move is made by women who signal their availability to men that interest them.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:14 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,717,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
A lot of women have to grow into attractiveness. My daughter did (or thinks she did...I always thought she was lovely).

But I also think a woman becomes much more lovely when she begins to think of herself as someone who is lovable...and begins to show that in how she addresses herself to men who catch her interest.

I don't think it's true that men make the first move. I think the first move is made by women who signal their availability to men that interest them.
I understand. Most parents see beauty in their children but there are awkward stages.

Of course women need to love themself first then attract a suitable bf.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:54 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,136,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
You just need to be feminine, inviting and friendly.
That simple piece of advice would cure so many woes...

Old 04-25-2016, 07:52 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,392,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
That simple piece of advice would cure so many woes...
I don't care how many times people say women need to make the first move, men are still hunters by instinct (notice I said instinct, not nature?) so technically, its our job to make the real first move: show interest by being inviting and staying in your feminine energy. Clearly I'm not good at this though, or else I'd be married

Old 04-25-2016, 08:02 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,544,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I don't care how many times people say women need to make the first move, men are still hunters by instinct (notice I said instinct, not nature?) so technically, its our job to make the real first move: show interest by being inviting and staying in your feminine energy. Clearly I'm not good at this though, or else I'd be married
You could also just forget all of that feminine energy stuff and chase the guy down until he marries you. It worked for some women I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships