Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 06:53 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I've HEARD that really attractive women tend to not be great in bed...because they don't HAVE to be.
This is true. There is absolutely no correlation between how good she looks, and how good she is in bed.

An average-looking woman with a good attitude and some skills is a keeper.

A very attractive woman who isn't into it and/or has lousy skills leaves a man feeling like he wasted his time and money on her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 06:59 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
This is true. There is absolutely no correlation between how good she looks, and how good she is in bed.

A very attractive woman who isn't into it and/or has lousy skills leaves a man feeling like he wasted his time and money on her.
Well, there are lots of average and below average looking women out there in relationships and I'm sure all of them aren't great in bed either.

OP, I think you can find a guy who likes you just like all the other average looking women out there do. Don't worry about the prettier women. The guys you like probably aren't 10s either.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:02 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post

Seriously??? You "wasted money" because she wasn't inventive enough in bed for your taste????

So if she's double-jointed and swinging from the chandiers she was worth the cost of endless breadsticks? If not do you ask her to reimburse you or what?

Old 04-18-2016, 07:03 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
The problem with this thread and the concept in general is the idea that you can 'win' someone by doing a particular thing.

Maybe in the movies or for a short, superficial relationship, but not in the long run.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:09 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Seriously??? You "wasted money" because she wasn't inventive enough in bed for your taste????

So if she's double-jointed and swinging from the chandiers she was worth the cost of endless breadsticks? If not do you ask her to reimburse you or what?
You know I hate to agree with you just as much as you hate to agree with me but yeah...I especially loved the bolded. lol

Old 04-18-2016, 07:10 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have interacted with a lot of less attractive women and they tend to be nicer and more approachable than their prettier counterparts. They're more pleasant to talk to and more enjoyable to be around. Prettier women on the hand aren't so nice in public. They're cold, unapproachable, and can be rude to men who approach them.This is just my experience. Overall, I'd prefer the less attractive woman and they are on my radar first.
THIS is how I feel about guys! Well put.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:13 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
This situation can easily be solved by not competing.

It never turns out good because it all comes down to compatibility and chemistry. You can't control either one of those factors, so competing with another person is just a waste of time. How a person looks by no means tells you what kind of person they are. Don't judge a book by its' cover.

Last edited by Auraliea; 04-18-2016 at 07:53 PM..

Old 04-18-2016, 07:14 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Architect View Post
Hello.

Let's say you have a choice between two girls, both the same age (let's say 24), and both the same size (both are a size 2).

One is significantly more beautiful in the face, and absolutely no one would call her ugly; her personality isn't terrible either, it's very down to earth, and she's sweet to you.

The other has a significant amount in common with you (such as you share a common hobby or two) and is well-traveled, well-read, etc. for her age. Her face isn't horrid, but definitely not beautiful. She's rather calm and kind also.

If these two girls were competing for the same guy (you), what would the "less attractive" one have to do to win you over? (For long-term love).

I find myself in this position a lot...as the unattractive one.

I'm not asking about a specific guy or whining, but rather, asking for tips and ideas that might help me "compete" with prettier women my same age.

I know that the usual advice is "work out, makeup, hair, dress nice", however, those things can only do so much when your unattractiveness lies in genetic factors, like having a huge nose.

Thanks in advance for your advice. I appreciate honesty above all; that's always more useful.
Just be yourself. That's all one really can do

Old 04-18-2016, 07:15 PM

454 posts, read 310,722 times
Quote:

No, but he might show up 15 minutes early to the next date.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:19 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:

That's an automatic winner^imb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships