Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 09:32 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
We've been out twice and he invited me over to his house for sex *cough* I mean "dinner." Then, we were supposed to go out but he canceled and asked to reschedule due to "work."
In that case, if he's only ever cancelled once, then I wouldn't think anything of it. If he does cancel another 1-2 times, then it's something to wonder.

In my case, she's cancelled twice, but the convos are great and flow really well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 09:40 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
I don't really see this going much further with her constantly canceling. I'd look elsewhere if I were you.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I don't really see this going much further with her constantly canceling. I'd look elsewhere if I were you.
Well, it's not like she's cancelled like 4-5 times or anything. It has only been twice.

And I believe her reasons are legitimate. Like I said, I'll wait to reschedule during the 1st week of May when she's back from her spring break trip, done with mid-terms and any other work prior to spring break starting. I think this week was just poor timing, and she even agreed saying it's been a stressed packed week.

If she still cancels then (unless it's cause *knock on wood* of a death/family emergency), then I'll start thinking about moving on.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 04-18-2016 at 11:15 PM..

Old 04-19-2016, 01:33 AM

914 posts, read 737,351 times
Did she maker an offer to reschedule the second time she cancelled? Emergencies can happen, her reasons might be legit but I feel that it should be on her to propose an alternative date if she is the one who cancelled.

Also expect her to flake on future dates as she doesn't seem that great with time-management. I used to work fulltime and studied part-time for a university degree at the same time - but I never had to reschedule dates because I plan my schedule ahead of time.

Hope it works out, you sound excited about her

Old 04-19-2016, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
Did she maker an offer to reschedule the second time she cancelled? Emergencies can happen, her reasons might be legit but I feel that it should be on her to propose an alternative date if she is the one who cancelled.

Also expect her to flake on future dates as she doesn't seem that great with time-management. I used to work fulltime and studied part-time for a university degree at the same time - but I never had to reschedule dates because I plan my schedule ahead of time.

Hope it works out, you sound excited about her
Well, the first time she cancelled last Thursday, I asked her "raincheck for the weekend or next week?" and she did respond by asking me when I'd be available for next week (this upcoming week) since she'd likely be sick over the weekend, and that'd she be leaving for Florida on Thursday. Had made plans for Monday (today) on Saturday.

Second time, she sent me a long text Sunday night apologizing profusely and felt ****ty for having to cancel on me a 2nd time, but mentioned she had no time for the next 3 days till she had to leave for Florida. I think it was understood a reschedule would happen after she came back from Florida and classes resumed.

I'm assuming that if she wasn't interested, she would just say that she's too busy with school work and that she doesn't have time to date or go out or introduce anyone into her life right now.

I didn't think of that, but it could be that she appears to not have great time management skills. I definitely think the interest is there on her part from the in-person and text convo(s).

And yeah, I am

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 04-19-2016 at 02:09 AM..

Old 04-19-2016, 02:08 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,872 times
Keep in touch give the space what she need and see from there, asking out her one behind one and again in may seems not a good idea, let her to go on her spring break, and see if any idea to hang out comes from her side if not then it is clear she is done with you. Normally if some one wants they will make it another time.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
Keep in touch give the space what she need and see from there, asking out her one behind one and again in may seems not a good idea, let her to go on her spring break, and see if any idea to hang out comes from her side if not then it is clear she is done with you. Normally if some one wants they will make it another time.
She doesn't seem like someone that initiates texts, though. I've initiated everyone so far, except for the ones where she's had to cancel twice.

It doesn't bug me that much, though. Some people don't initiate texts, and her text convos show she's interested.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:52 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
She doesn't seem like someone that initiates texts, though. I've initiated everyone so far, except for the ones where she's had to cancel twice.

It doesn't bug me that much, though. Some people don't initiate texts, and her text convos show she's interested.
Some people don't initiate texts because they know you will. When you stop texting them, you find out if they care enough to text you.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Some people don't initiate texts because they know you will. When you stop texting them, you find out if they care enough to text you.
Perhaps, but I figure if she was disinterested, she'd take hours/days to reply back and be vague while doing so. None of that has happened, at least so far.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:07 PM

914 posts, read 737,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Well, the first time she cancelled last Thursday, I asked her "raincheck for the weekend or next week?" and she did respond by asking me when I'd be available for next week (this upcoming week) since she'd likely be sick over the weekend, and that'd she be leaving for Florida on Thursday. Had made plans for Monday (today) on Saturday.

Second time, she sent me a long text Sunday night apologizing profusely and felt ****ty for having to cancel on me a 2nd time, but mentioned she had no time for the next 3 days till she had to leave for Florida. I think it was understood a reschedule would happen after she came back from Florida and classes resumed.

I'm assuming that if she wasn't interested, she would just say that she's too busy with school work and that she doesn't have time to date or go out or introduce anyone into her life right now.

I didn't think of that, but it could be that she appears to not have great time management skills. I definitely think the interest is there on her part from the in-person and text convo(s).

And yeah, I am
If she sounds interested, then there is definitely no harm in trying to set up a date when she gets back from her trip! Just make sure that she puts some work in as well - so far it's only been you trying to re/schedule dates and initiate texts, when she is the one who cancelled both dates. I think you deserve some more effort on her part
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships