Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,402 times

Advertisements

We met each other in a jiu jitsu class and things went a lil far (sexually) after telling how we felt for each other so I asked not tell anyone about us to avoid any trouble in his job.

I started to have feelings for him and asked him "what are we". He never gave me a straight answer. I was confused so I told two friends we have in common and who knew what was going between us for advice: His boss, who's a close friend of mine and she's the one who hooked us up and a guy from our class who's a mutual friend. He learned that i told others about us and he called and told me he couldn't trust me anymore, that he was hurt, disappointed and could not believe what i did ....and that it was over. One month later, I went to apologize and he agreed on giving me one chance to regain his trust and try to be friends. He also told me to change some aspects of my behavior and be carefull of whom i trust. Like being more humble, less bitchy, keeping things to myself, not trust anyone.

After that, he started acting completely awkward, sometimes he was nice with me and sometimes he's rough and cold.
So i decided to pull back and change the aspects he told me to and got way better at jiu jitsu.
After that he started treating me very respectful and kind. He didn't mind at all spending time explaining any technique I had problem with. He talked to me more often, etc.

Honestly i started focussing more on myself and in my classes. I finally was leaving everything behind but again, the situation emerged again when the owner of all the jiu jitsu academies in our area found out that one of his employees and I where hooking up... So i went directly to talk to the guy and we cleared everything. After that he started treating with respect and kindness and now his treating me bad again.

True is, I don't know what to do with all this. I've though of changing of academy but honestly i think Is so unfair that I have to spend way more money driving outside of town to other academies because all of this ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 10:49 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
Just like Rex Quon Do said in the movie Napoleon Dynamite. . . . .

'Break the wrist and walk away.'

Old 04-19-2016, 10:51 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,240 times
Well...

What are the rules regarding students and teachers hooking up?

Does the owner have certain rules that everyone has to follow?

Old 04-19-2016, 11:01 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times

Old 04-19-2016, 11:06 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scc17 View Post
We met each other in a jiu jitsu class and things went a lil far (sexually) after telling how we felt for each other so I asked not tell anyone about us to avoid any trouble in his job.

I started to have feelings for him and asked him "what are we". He never gave me a straight answer. I was confused so I told two friends we have in common and who knew what was going between us for advice: His boss, who's a close friend of mine and she's the one who hooked us up and a guy from our class who's a mutual friend. He learned that i told others about us and he called and told me he couldn't trust me anymore, that he was hurt, disappointed and could not believe what i did ....and that it was over. One month later, I went to apologize and he agreed on giving me one chance to regain his trust and try to be friends. He also told me to change some aspects of my behavior and be carefull of whom i trust. Like being more humble, less bitchy, keeping things to myself, not trust anyone.

After that, he started acting completely awkward, sometimes he was nice with me and sometimes he's rough and cold.
So i decided to pull back and change the aspects he told me to and got way better at jiu jitsu.
After that he started treating me very respectful and kind. He didn't mind at all spending time explaining any technique I had problem with. He talked to me more often, etc.

Honestly i started focussing more on myself and in my classes. I finally was leaving everything behind but again, the situation emerged again when the owner of all the jiu jitsu academies in our area found out that one of his employees and I where hooking up... So i went directly to talk to the guy and we cleared everything. After that he started treating with respect and kindness and now his treating me bad again.

True is, I don't know what to do with all this. I've though of changing of academy but honestly i think Is so unfair that I have to spend way more money driving outside of town to other academies because all of this ....
A BJJ school that doesn't allow stuff to happen between students and instructors? Must be one of those new-fangled American run schools. Sure can't be Brazilian!

Old 04-19-2016, 06:47 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Oh my God.

Well, there isn't much you can do about it now. The cat is out of the bag.

I'm wondering why on earth you told your mutual friend...his boss. What were you up to, doing that? I just wonder about this situation in general.

No, you don't have to leave the school. You may have harmed his job, yes. I'm personally not cool with that but then again I'm not part of this situation...you and he are. All you can do now really is to act impeccably and LEAVE...THIS...SITUATION...ALONE and just try, by backing off, not to make it worse.

And then it should eventually die a quiet death and hopefully this man will keep his position at the school, etc.

Old 04-19-2016, 06:57 PM

454 posts, read 310,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh my God.

Well, there isn't much you can do about it now. The cat is out of the bag.

I'm wondering why on earth you told your mutual friend...his boss. What were you up to, doing that? I just wonder about this situation in general.

No, you don't have to leave the school. You may have harmed his job, yes. I'm personally not cool with that but then again I'm not part of this situation...you and he are. All you can do now really is to act impeccably and LEAVE...THIS...SITUATION...ALONE and just try, by backing off, not to make it worse.

And then it should eventually die a quiet death and hopefully this man will keep his position at the school, etc.
Indeed. Could this situation have possibly been handled worse by the OP? I mean, who didn't she tell?

Old 04-19-2016, 07:01 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,421 times
Lol. Awesome

Old 04-19-2016, 07:04 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
Indeed. Could this situation have possibly been handled worse by the OP? I mean, who didn't she tell?
LOL seriously. Didn't I read about this affair on huffpost? Or maybe that was The Onion.

The cat is out of the bag, the most she can do now is lie low...very low and just not speak to this guy again unless absolutely necessary...i.e. specifically something about the class.

Let time go by so his reputation can build back up again.

I hate hearing about stuff like this...stuff that could potentially cause a person his job. That's his livelihood. Just REALLY rubs me the wrong way. Now if it were misconduct or something, say, if a boss were trying to molest his young employees then the gloves are off, let 'im have it. But in a case like this? So unfair, IMO. BAD call on his part, yes...but ultimately...just kind of unfair. OP really hit him where it hurts telling the boss. I almost wonder if it wasn't semi-retaliation for the fact that he didn't follow up by buying her flowers and initiating this big relationship or something.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:12 AM

2 posts, read 1,402 times
It was HIS boss the one who hooked us up. Trust me when I say he was not going to loose his job. Where in my post says that? . Me and the guy are both friends of the owner (his boss) and since all this happen outside his workplsce why would he loose his job?? Theres no reason to fire him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships