Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 08:01 PM

1,009 posts, read 708,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Where are all these "things were better in the old days" posters come from all of a sudden?

Did someone post on the Retirement or Grandparents forum, telling all the old people who think the "old days" were so much better to post on this thread?
It is quite a shame that you make fun of older posters and their input . Not everything that is happening today is great and remember one day you will be that old poster . Sad that some people of today have the mentally of knowing it all .

Old 04-23-2016, 08:06 PM

102,176 posts, read 107,735,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
It is quite a shame that you make fun of older posters and their input . Not everything that is happening today is great and remember one day you will be that old poster . Sad that some people of today have the mentally of knowing it all .
He was making fun of the young guys who tend to post, wishing they could turn the clock back to the 50's, so they could boss women around at home, and it would be easier (they imagine) to get a wife.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:09 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
From what my momma tells me, the 50s were a pretty ty time if you wasn't a white male. That era wasn't so good either. Just because older posters have tenure doesn't mean they know what they are doing.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:10 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,901,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He was making fun of the young guys who tend to post, wishing they could turn the clock back to the 50's, so they could boss women around at home, and it would be easier (they imagine) to get a wife.
Actually, I make fun of anyone who thinks it was some how better in the "good old days". People have been saying that it was better in the "good old days" since the time of Aristotle. It has rarely been better in the "good old days".

Old 04-23-2016, 08:11 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,363,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Actually, I make fun of anyone who thinks it was some how better in the "good old days". People have been saying that it was better in the "good old days" since the time of Aristotle. It has rarely been better in the "good old days".
Ain't that the truth.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:23 PM

1,009 posts, read 708,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
From what my momma tells me, the 50s were a pretty ty time if you wasn't a white male. That era wasn't so good either. Just because older posters have tenure doesn't mean they know what they are doing.
Actually I was not from that era but I hate when people make fun of others. No but they can remark without the insults .

Old 04-24-2016, 12:03 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,087,678 times
Anyway, getting back to the topic, I was/is pretty reserved and quite guy. When I was dating, I never expected women to have sex for me on the third - fourth date. It would've been even too soon for me. But what I definitely expected by date 3-5 is at least some modest physical contact. Hand holding, hugging, maybe some light French kissing, etc. But if we did not have that and a woman drew back from my respectful light touch then I assumed that she is not into me at all and would end things...

And while I didn't expect sex on the third date I would expect it within a reasonable time frame. Maybe one to two months or so.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:50 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,809,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Am I the only one that feels this way? As a female, I feel hopeless at times. Because I don't have sex by the third date. And the men typically leave then or shortly thereafter, knowing they can just get it somewhere else. I feel like it's ruining things for decent women who aren't like that. I'm attractive, but I can't keep a man to save my life once he knows I take my time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
It may be frustrating but...

What are you really losing if you don't date men who are only interested in sex ? You would feel worse if you had sex then they left afterwords wouldn't you ?

If it happens over and over then perhaps you are sending the wrong signals. You might want to examine the types of men you are attracted to (or attracting).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
You need to find better men. America's not being ruined because you choose guys who are solely focused on getting laid as early on as possible, to the exclusion of any other relationship priorities.
OP i agree with these posts. you need to find better men, and we are out there.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:54 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,402,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Anyway, getting back to the topic, I was/is pretty reserved and quite guy. When I was dating, I never expected women to have sex for me on the third - fourth date. It would've been even too soon for me. But what I definitely expected by date 3-5 is at least some modest physical contact. Hand holding, hugging, maybe some light French kissing, etc. But if we did not have that and a woman drew back from my respectful light touch then I assumed that she is not into me at all and would end things...

And while I didn't expect sex on the third date I would expect it within a reasonable time frame. Maybe one to two months or so.
This is almost literally how I feel as well, word for word, lol.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:55 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,577,712 times
I totally missed the boat on loose women. Sucks being 30 plus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.