Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 01:27 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,895,591 times

Advertisements

Ruin America? Seems a little dramatic. I don't think America is in ruins.

Not to downplay current sexism, but women have it better right now than in any time in history. Sure, casual sex may be more permissible, but rape, spousal rape, sexist hiring, and sexual harassment are all less permissible. Women aren't expected to simply obey their fathers and husbands, can legitimately expect support from their partners in housekeeping and child care, and can have meaningful careers in almost any field of their choice. I could see why a certain kind of man might see America as ruined, but it's a much less compelling case for women.

Are "loose women" changing the expectations that men have when it comes to casual dating? Probably--if men are only looking for sex on the third date and can find it they won't fake interest with women who don't. Isn't that mostly a good thing, though? Do you want a man who is only looking for sex? Do you really want someone who can't see enough in you to wait?

I can empathize with your situation. It's hard to find the right person. It's frustrating when it seems like someone is the right person but for whatever reason they aren't. It's even more frustrating when they seem like the right person but for whatever reason you aren't. It's not really the fault of "loose women" though, it's just life.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:30 AM

2,729 posts, read 2,690,776 times
Take them as a blessing. Because the man who you are going to get some day would not have early sex either. There is that type of men too And you would want a one who whould not have one night stands etc.? That is the way to find one, they show they are after sex more than finding a partner so practically they are saving your time.

Old 04-24-2016, 03:16 AM

52,007 posts, read 52,457,444 times
I've always said that women who have traditional values have it tough these days. I'm sorry I don't have much to offer you other then to stay strong. Really, stay strong. Best to you. I respect women that know what they want.. The problem is is that for every woman that tries to hold the line as they say there's tons of other women that won't so most men will just bounce out to the next. Virtue isn't so virtuous these days apparently. Unfortunately.

Old 04-24-2016, 03:20 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,614,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Am I the only one that feels this way? As a female, I feel hopeless at times. Because I don't have sex by the third date. And the men typically leave then or shortly thereafter, knowing they can just get it somewhere else. I feel like it's ruining things for decent women who aren't like that. I'm attractive, but I can't keep a man to save my life once he knows I take my time.
How much time do you take?

Old 04-24-2016, 06:32 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,208,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Am I the only one that feels this way? As a female, I feel hopeless at times. Because I don't have sex by the third date. And the men typically leave then or shortly thereafter, knowing they can just get it somewhere else. I feel like it's ruining things for decent women who aren't like that. I'm attractive, but I can't keep a man to save my life once he knows I take my time.
I don't know that blaming "loose women" is in any way productive. If nothing else, you're weeding out the men you're not compatible with; better to lose them after one or two dates than before you get emotionally invested.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:11 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,082,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
"Used"? Sex is just sex. If both parties are consenting, what is the big deal? Not everyone has this sick mindset that a person's value is somehow tied to how many sex partners they have or haven't had.

Goodness, that's really sad.
That is the problem with today's age, "sex is just sex." If their is not supposed to be a "value system", then why do we call woman h0es?

Old 04-24-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
"Used"?
"Sleep around"?
"Stock deteriorates"?
"Having the mile before the cow"?
"Get what they want"?
"Moral ground"?

Somebody just stepped out of the Victorian Era.
Absolutely... there is nothing attractive or captivating or intriguing or special about a woman (or man) who has slept with many others. It complicates marriages and relationships. If you want to wife someone's leftovers then that's your decision.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:28 AM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
That is the problem with today's age, "sex is just sex." If their is not supposed to be a "value system", then why do we call woman h0es?
The "value system" is for each person to define for themselves individually and judge ONLY themselves against. It is best for a person to only date others who come close on how they define their own value system.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:29 AM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Absolutely... there is nothing attractive or captivating or intriguing or special about a woman (or man) who has slept with many others. It complicates marriages and relationships. If you want to wife someone's leftovers then that's your decision.
I'd far rather "wife someone's leftovers" than someone who would refer to a woman as "someone's leftovers."

Old 04-24-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There have always been loose men with that expectation, even back in Victorian times. I read that back then, all a like-minded man had to do was give a certain glance to women passing in the street, or in other public or semi-public places, and like-minded women would respond. And considering how many couples who do get married young--in the more traditional parts of the country--these days, and then divorced, there's an awful lot of used people floating around, whether they initially waited for marriage or not. Nobody seems to find that distasteful. What about you, do you expect your choice of partner to accept you, even though you've been "used" by others? Don't you find that distasteful, yourself? I bet your stock wouldn't even be acceptable for a junk bond.
Ah the moral compass attack, nice try. You do not know anything about me so how did draw your conclusions? Most ridiculous thing I ever seen. I can assure you one thing that I preach what I sow.

That being said, "loose men" are equally just as bad, and what makes it worse is that its socially acceptable. The United States and many parts of the world still socially oppression their woman. Woman are viewed as viewed as sexual subordination, thus men feel a sense of empowerment and entitlement over woman. We as a society make so many excuses and believe that we need to expose our bodies to everyone before settling down. When in actuality, we are supposed to humble ourselves to our future spouses. There is nothing more special that a future spouse who thought of you before knowing you. But if other people have no problem with it, its fine.. its not my business. But lets not pretend that is somehow okay to be a h0e then wonder why no one takes you seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships