Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 04:05 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times

Advertisements

OP makes a valid point. 'Loose woman' which I guess is the new political correct term, have created a level of expectation that some men have. People these days believe in having the "most fun as possible" but then expect a high quality partner to marry. Pretty distasteful that your soul mate was used by other men/woman. Anyway, Woman who sleep around do not garnish the respect from men and their stock deteriorates, Hence why many are so desperate on dating websites. Men who are used to having the milk before the cow try everywoman that they can, and simply move on when they get or do not get what they want. But I feel if woman who stick to their moral ground and not get emotionally hyped up over crappy dudes, then they will be okay.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:19 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
1. Sex-positive women (and men) are not ruining it for anyone, least of all "America."

2. Your dating life has nothing to do with what other people do with their bodies of their own free will.

3. Find men who share your convictions.
Agreed

Old 04-23-2016, 04:29 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Am I the only one that feels this way? As a female, I feel hopeless at times. Because I don't have sex by the third date. And the men typically leave then or shortly thereafter, knowing they can just get it somewhere else. I feel like it's ruining things for decent women who aren't like that. I'm attractive, but I can't keep a man to save my life once he knows I take my time.
I wouldn't say they are loose, just different beliefs about sex from you, but yes I feel the same that the whole sex on the third date thing makes it difficult for women with our beliefs since we choose to wait. That being said I don't feel bad about it. I'm not f**** a man on the third date so if he can't deal with that then I don't care because I'm not invested in him to begin with. Shrugs.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:30 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
OP makes a valid point. 'Loose woman' which I guess is the new political correct term, have created a level of expectation that some men have. People these days believe in having the "most fun as possible" but then expect a high quality partner to marry. Pretty distasteful that your soul mate was used by other men/woman. Anyway, Woman who sleep around do not garnish the respect from men and their stock deteriorates, Hence why many are so desperate on dating websites. Men who are used to having the milk before the cow try everywoman that they can, and simply move on when they get or do not get what they want. But I feel if woman who stick to their moral ground and not get emotionally hyped up over crappy dudes, then they will be okay.
Wouldn't it be lovely if everyone got their comeuppance for having multiple partners (eye roll). I think you'll find that people who've had multiple partners often date and marry like minded people, and are not sent off to some farm to serve their penance. I'm sure you wish it was different, but tough luck!

Old 04-23-2016, 04:36 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,293 times
Thread titles like "Loose women ruining America" seems more fitting for the 1940s, for surely by the 1950s most educated people were beyond that!

Old 04-23-2016, 04:42 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Quote:
Am I the only one that feels this way? As a female, I feel hopeless at times. Because I don't have sex by the third date. And the men typically leave then or shortly thereafter, knowing they can just get it somewhere else. I feel like it's ruining things for decent women who aren't like that. I'm attractive, but I can't keep a man to save my life once he knows I take my time.
If a guy won't wait a few dates, he's either not the right guy or you're not the right woman. Look in the mirror and stop blaming others for YOUR problem.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:57 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
There have always been loose men with that expectation, even back in Victorian times. I read that back then, all a like-minded man had to do was give a certain glance to women passing in the street, or in other public or semi-public places, and like-minded women would respond. And considering how many couples who do get married young--in the more traditional parts of the country--these days, and then divorced, there's an awful lot of used people floating around, whether they initially waited for marriage or not. Nobody seems to find that distasteful. What about you, do you expect your choice of partner to accept you, even though you've been "used" by others? Don't you find that distasteful, yourself? I bet your stock wouldn't even be acceptable for a junk bond.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:10 PM

708 posts, read 823,313 times
Quote:

Have you always had this mindset? Have you always waited until you got to know a guy before intimacy?

Old 04-23-2016, 05:12 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Ah, the moral high ground. It does get lonely up there, doesn't it?
Cold. Frigid, even.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:27 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
All due respect, we can agree to disagree on this. If a woman doesn't have sex with you by the 2nd-3rd date, then there's a good chance she will never have sex with you. She's almost certainly using you because she wants you to spend money on her (dinner, movies, etc.).

These days, I always have sex on the first "date" (though I don't really call them dates).

When I was younger, if I didn't get lucky by the 2nd-3rd date, I was gone. I'm glad I didn't waste time with those women, because they would probably have ending up stringing me along forever. No thanks.

I wouldn't go that far. There is a whole lot of wiggle room between a peck on the cheek and sex to signal interest. Moreover, getting physical isn't the only way to signal interest. In fact, getting physical may not even BE a sign of interest for a lot of women these days. A guy might just be scratching an itch because he happens to be there, ready, willing, and able. Doesn't mean a woman actually likes him, any more than it means a man actually likes a woman.

The bottom line for the relationship-minded is that there are no guarantees. Imagine someone like the OP waiting two months, finally having sex, and then being dumped shortly thereafter because the guy doesn't like her sexual style or, quite frankly, doesn't like the way she looks with her clothes off. Conversely, if a man really likes a woman, he'll stick around regardless of how soon they have sex because he enjoys her company.

It's really only people who are too lazy to take each person who comes along as an individual who need to define someone's worthiness as a partner by a number. That goes for both ends of the spectrum, the "prospect must wait X number of dates to prove interest" and the "prospect must sleep with me in X number of dates to prove interest."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships