Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 654 times

Advertisements

I met this girl on Facebook (im 25 and she's 26) she resides in Europe and im in the states. We were friends at first, and one day I messaged her saying that if she ever needed advice in anything life related she can come to me and one day she did. She came to me asking me if she should break up with her boyfriend and I simply said i she should considering what I heard from her.

The next day she called and she was heavily drunk and she kept saying that she liked me and that she loves the way I talk and my principles and values in life. Now to be honest I was attracted to her because she's beautiful, smart and literally one of a kind. We have many things in common

- We are both atheists

- We are both middle eastern

- we Don't believe in procreation

Anyway We both confessed our feelings and things were great. I even told her that I'd come to Europe and visit her and give her the time of her life because long distance is not an issue to me I can come to Europe and back as I please,but a week later she said that she's moving to fast into a new relationship and that she needs to recover from her last relationship.*

I didn't want to push or rush so I said I can wait and I told her when she's ready to let me know. I stopped contacting her completely to avoid getting friend zoned. A few days after that she started texting me and I couldn't resist. I texted her back and may have over did it by saying that im still super attracted to her etc.

Anyway im going to fast forward to the present and I stopped texting her cold turkey and she texted me a couple days later saying "what is the problem? Is everything ok?" I simply replied saying "what problem? Everything is perfectly fine". A day later she texted "hi" and I chose to ignore it because a simple "hi" doesn't deserve a response under certain circumstances.Ten hours later she texted "alright then have a good life"

I chose to ignore that as well now its been five days and here are my questions

1. Why or did she say "have a good life" is it because I ignored her "hi" text? And what did she mean by it?

2. How do I approach? To be honest I want to call her and talk to her so badly but then I think to myself. She's willing to shut me out that easily? She could be testing me but I honestly can't tell.

Right now im just waiting to see if she misses my presence in her life because I know for certain she enjoys my company.

Any advice would be appreciated and thank you for your time

Be well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 10:49 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
YOU shut HER out over a simple 'hi'. YOU were willing to shut her out that easily!
'Have a good life' means she is done with you.

Move on....

Old 04-23-2016, 11:04 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
How to execute a long distance approach via text message/Facebook? Well now, this is a first, LOl.

In respects to missing you? Wait till the next time she's drunk?

Move on, Guy. It seems, you're too immature (she might be as well) to handle a LDR at this time.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:50 AM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
You broke up with her by playing games. Now you don't have a GF.

Better luck next time?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-23-2016, 11:58 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Wait, you two have never met in person but you are in a romantic relationship?

How very 1998.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:22 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
How did you meet on FB? It's not a dating site. And for someone so willing to give life and dating advice to a stranger halfway across the world, why would you need to come here and ask us these very basic questions?

Old 04-23-2016, 12:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

How very 1998.
......lol

Old 04-23-2016, 12:34 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
YOU shut HER out over a simple 'hi'. YOU were willing to shut her out that easily!
'Have a good life' means she is done with you.

Move on....
This. Twice in a row you ignored her messages. What you should have done is talk to her about how you felt a little put off by her needing time to recover from her relationship, though you understood, but that it was difficult for you. You should have called her to talk things out over the phone. Long distance is hard, in part for this reason; communication can become strained over seemingly petty things, and before you know it, things have fallen apart.

It also sounds like you were feeling vulnerable, since you'd confessed your feelings to her a couple of times, and you weren't comfortable with that, so you withdrew. Again, mature people talk things out, they communicate. Though that, obviously, would be much easier if you two were in the same city or the same region, at least, and could see each other in person from time to time.

If you want to try to salvage this, you can message her that you'd like to talk to her on the phone, because it's too difficult to maintain any kind of relationship by text. And you can also say that you honestly didn't know what to do after she said she needed time to recover from her relationship; at the time you thought the best for you would be to discontinue contact until she was ready. Tell her you'd like to get this muddle straightened out so you can put things on a stronger footing, and that requires a phone conversation.

You'll have to open up a bit, like that ^^ in order to simply get a response from her. She may choose not to re-kindle things, anyway. But you can try.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:37 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

How very 1998.
I missed that part. I'll go out on a limb here, and speculate that maybe in the context of middle-eastern courtships, this isn't so strange. Maybe this is one way it's done, in the digital age. And how likely are either of them to find a potential partner who's of their culture but is an atheist? And doesn't want kids?

I say, in spite of everything, it's worth a shot to try to salvage this. But the OP will have to grow up a bit, and learn to be more forthcoming; they'll both have to communicate better.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:52 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonx24 View Post
Right now im just waiting to see if she misses my presence in her life because I know for certain she enjoys my company.
This is my favorite line.... my laugh for the day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships