Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2015, 01:29 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Then why are you spending time on the computer on the City Data Forum instead of spending every free moment tending to your children, husband, life and marriage?
Good question. She also has no time to worry about the relationships of others because she makes every thread about her own relationship. As far as morals go, I assumed since she believes in marriage for eternity she would also believe that cheating is not ok, but hey what do I know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 02:22 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Then why are you spending time on the computer on the City Data Forum instead of spending every free moment tending to your children, husband, life and marriage?
I'm on it while I'm doing things like laundry, chores, and cooking.

What's your excuse?

Old 11-22-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Good question. She also has no time to worry about the relationships of others because she makes every thread about her own relationship. As far as morals go, I assumed since she believes in marriage for eternity she would also believe that cheating is not ok, but hey what do I know?
I don't enjoy picking on the shortcomings of others. I focus on myself and dealing with my own need for improvement. If it makes you feel superior to pick on mine, I can't stop you. Whatever makes you "happy." It's not how I get my kicks, but hey what do I know?

Old 11-22-2015, 02:43 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Post partum is no joke. It's a literal waking nightmare. You are a strong man no matter what perceived mistakes you may have made, to be there for your wife in whatever capacity she allows right now. Don't beat yourself up. It's a very difficult situation for anyone, let alone with two babies at once.
Thanks for the kind words. Just taking it one day at a time.

Old 11-22-2015, 02:46 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
I'm on it while I'm doing things like laundry, chores, and cooking.

What's your excuse?

I don't need an excuse and I certainly don't have to answer to you or anyone else
but I am not the one spouting about my emotional affair on a public forum either and
that may be because I have never cheated on my husband.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:04 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times
Quote:
I don't enjoy picking on the shortcomings of others. I focus on myself and dealing with my own need for improvement. If it makes you feel superior to pick on mine, I can't stop you. Whatever makes you "happy." It's not how I get my kicks, but hey what do I know?
No where on this thread have I or anyone else picked on you. You are the one who has made your "emotional affair" and desire for a more adventurous sex life very public. You are the one who goes on and on and on about your unsatisfactory marriage. You need to speak to your husband and only your husband about this because the two of you are the only ones who can fix it. If you need to vent, fine, but I would do it anonymously, so that your children won't be hurt.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
No where on this thread have I or anyone else picked on you. You are the one who has made your "emotional affair" and desire for a more adventurous sex life very public. You are the one who goes on and on and on about your unsatisfactory marriage. You need to speak to your husband and only your husband about this because the two of you are the only ones who can fix it. If you need to vent, fine, but I would do it anonymously, so that your children won't be hurt.
The poster above you (CSD610) just did pick on me and made it a point to highlight their superiority by stating they never cheated. Guess what, 32 years of life and I had never cheated either. It didn't make me any better than anyone else. I have my own mistakes to deal with. You may not be like this, but there are plenty of people who make it a past time to point fingers at others to avoid reflecting on their own problems. The poster asks me in a rather elitist manner how I have time to post online when I should be paying attention to my family, I answered, then turned the question around and they avoid their own question by saying they don't have to answer to me or anyone else. Really??? I have to answer to them but they don't to me? And who is the hypocrite. This thread is simply hilarious. Those who so freely pass judgement on others cower when that same casting of judgement lands on them.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:27 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
My husband has always said this to me. He's happy so he won't cheat. As long as I am fulfilling his basic need, he doesn't need to go elsewhere. Some men are like that and some aren't. Some would cheat no matter what....I mean Halle Berry's husband cheated on her! That dude had a problem if he was cheatin' on one of the most beautiful women in the world! I'm just thankful my man is the former not the latter!
^^^ This is awful.

Your husband will cheat and it is 100% on him to do so. You cannot make someone do anything.

Quote:
Cheating requires no dissatisfaction with your primary relationship. Blaming the act of cheating on an unhappy relationship is taking the responsibility for the decision of cheating from the individual cheater and making it outside of their control.

I personally know this isn't true. I make my own choices and I'm not going to blame my husband.
While I agree with this post, I am unsure of your position.

I haven't read your other threads - or I don't remember them. It sounds like you are condoning cheating.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
^^^ This is awful.

Your husband will cheat and it is 100% on him to do so. You cannot make someone do anything.

While I agree with this post, I am unsure of your position.

I haven't read your other threads - or I don't remember them. It sounds like you are condoning cheating.
I'm not condoning or condemning it. I know that in my own case, as against it I was and being a child of divorce who's parents split up because of my father's infidelity I swore up and down it would never happen to me. But it did and I'm personally dealing with my choices. It's not the end of a relationship, it's not just bad awful people who cheat, and it's not the worst thing a person can do. It just isn't. We treat sex like it's a frigging gold standard for everything yet don't give credit to other factors that make a good relationship.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:13 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I watched my dad cheat on my stepmother, he did this for years and years, he always had a woman on the side, Heck, I remember being a kid and going out with him and his girlfriends for lunch, I mean what kind of message is that for a kid to take in, I was probably 10 or 11 at the time.

Cheating isn't about sex, it's about breaking trust, and it's pretty damn bad, I don't care how people want to spin it, trust and loyalty to me are some very valued traits and I pretty much demand loyalty to me, that is probably the one thing that would break me, if Mrs. chow ever cheated on me, breaching that trust supersedes the sex, at least for me....

Its something that I don't know if I could ever get over.... a woman needs to be down with me thoroughly..... in all aspects of my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships