Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:58 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
He feels used and vulnerable!
Poor guy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 11:02 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
He feels used and vulnerable!
If OP wants the girlfriend experience, OP should stop hooking up and get a girlfriend.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:11 AM

14 posts, read 9,311 times
well when she left last night i told her to text me when she got home and she didnt

so i texted her this morning syaing "hey you made it home ok right?"

she didnt reply but she has posted on facebook so im pretty sure she wants nothing to do with me

idk why

i mean she said she wanted to come up and cuddle which we really didnt do becaue she lied down on my couch so we couldnt cuddle.

maybe its cuz i didnt hug her or kiss her night

Old 04-28-2016, 11:13 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubs88jason View Post
well when she left last night i told her to text me when she got home and she didnt

so i texted her this morning syaing "hey you made it home ok right?"

she didnt reply but she has posted on facebook so im pretty sure she wants nothing to do with me

idk why

i mean she said she wanted to come up and cuddle which we really didnt do becaue she lied down on my couch so we couldnt cuddle.

maybe its cuz i didnt hug her or kiss her night
And maybe she's done with you. You served your purpose for the evening, and now you're past tense. Move on.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:14 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
usually when I hook up with a girl, kissing is invlolved and a hug at the end of the night

Well last night I was with a girl and we didn't kiss at all or hug when she left

It was just a i had fun bye thing

I feel kind of weird that there was no affection

I mean she's cute and I enjoyed spending time with her

Is it normal to not show affection?
It was just a hookup. That's how they work much of the time. Why would you expect more? Did you tell her you liked her and would be interested in more than a passing hookup? It doesn't sound like it.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:34 AM

14 posts, read 9,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It was just a hookup. That's how they work much of the time. Why would you expect more? Did you tell her you liked her and would be interested in more than a passing hookup? It doesn't sound like it.

no cuz i didnt want to come off to strong

so i should have said soemthing like "so was this a one time thing or should i expect to see you again?"

Old 04-28-2016, 11:36 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
So you had a one night stand? Is that what you mean?

Old 04-28-2016, 11:38 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
no cuz i didnt want to come off to strong

so i should have said soemthing like "so was this a one time thing or should i expect to see you again?"
You're going about this all wrong. If you don't want a hookup, don't set it up as a hookup. Actually ask her out to do something, you know, like an informal date. Ask her to pizza or something. Is that too radically old-fashioned? You communicated to her that you wanted a hookup, and that's what you got. If that's not what you want, you should be communicating something different.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:43 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
And maybe she's done with you. You served your purpose for the evening, and now you're past tense. Move on.
Such is the nature of things. Such casual encounters for sex, the whole one time use thing, is pretty common. Any hint of emotional attachment neither needed or wanted. If that's not what works, or what one wants, then it stands to reason its best to seek life elsewhere. Personally, I've only had two "one night stands" in my whole life. Each was a soon to be divorced, seperated lady, just looking to ....officially, I suppose, ..cut fence, and sink spur. There were no illusions that we would be playing house, in either case, but one of them had been a close friend , for a while. In the latter case, there was some emotional seasoning in the mix.

What started out as her just coming over go talk, vent , pop the safeties , so to speak, took an unexpected turn. No, I didn't take advantage of her emotional state. She was the one who actually initiated things. It came across as a....plea. So it felt to me, anyway. Something needed, as well as wanted. Still, emotion doesn't mean love. We never looked at each other the same way again. Not in a bad way, so much as we both knew things were changing, and we were moving on. That night was sort of a way to say goodbye. To each other and the old life.

That's what happened. She finished her divorce, and moved away, I wasn't far behind in moving away, and we haven't had any contact in years. I've never just "hooked up", with someone I didn't know, just for sex. Like an earlier poster said, that's just mutual masturbation. I need a bit more than that for it to be worth the effort. I could do a good workout and take care of the rest in the shower and get the same effect, and not have to change the bedding.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:44 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
My guess is you pumped and she got nothing.

Why prolong the agony and kiss or hug when she will probably have to finish what you tried to start.... Alone.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz yeah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships