Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 04:43 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times

Advertisements

If you are smart, you will make this another short-term relationship and get the heck out of there. It's a red flag that you've only been dating for a month or two and you've already met her kids. It is a huge giant waving red flag that she has had a kid taken away from her and put in foster care. That is some serious stuff because kids don't get taken away from their moms unless they have some really bad stuff going on. Those two things say that she has no idea about how to be a decent mother.

I think your girlfriend picker is broken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 04:45 PM

By the way. In the beginning of the relationship, most women will be all over you, not telling you they only want sex once a week. Even at 45. Maybe especially at 45!

Old 04-28-2016, 04:46 PM

Also, how old are you?

Old 04-28-2016, 04:54 PM

I looked at some of your old posts. I see you are 38. I also saw what you said you would never date a woman who abandoned her kids. A kid put foster care is pretty much the same thing. She must have done something pretty bad to that kid to have her put in foster care.

I also see that you had a previous girlfriend who had some side action going on. I have to wonder if the same thing is happening with her.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:02 PM

625 posts, read 952,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
If you are smart, you will make this another short-term relationship and get the heck out of there. It's a red flag that you've only been dating for a month or two and you've already met her kids. It is a huge giant waving red flag that she has had a kid taken away from her and put in foster care. That is some serious stuff because kids don't get taken away from their moms unless they have some really bad stuff going on. Those two things say that she has no idea about how to be a decent mother.

I think your girlfriend picker is broken.

Now that you mention it, she brought me to her place when her two sons were there on the second night we met. We met on POF dating site. We first met in person on the afternoon of March 19, and she invited me to her place on the night of March 20. I was surprised that she brought me to her kids so soon. Even when I dated the single mom of 4 kids in 2013, it wasn't until a month after I started dating that person when I met her kids.

Quote:
By the way. In the beginning of the relationship, most women will be all over you, not telling you they only want sex once a week. Even at 45. Maybe especially at 45!

She knows that I am falling in love with her, and I told her that I think about her every day. Yes, I know that it is too early to say love since we have only known each other for a month. I would be fine if she only wants sex once a week, as long as we are exclusive and she is ONLY intimate with me while we are dating!

Quote:
Also, how old are you?

I just turned 39 earlier this month.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:04 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
If someone told me not to text them until Monday... I certainly wouldn't text them as soon as I woke up on Monday!
I'd let them decide when to reach out to me, I don't want to feel like I'm bothering someone..I don't like instructions on when I can talk.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:05 PM

625 posts, read 952,716 times
Quote:
I looked at some of your old posts. I see you are 38. I also saw what you said you would never date a woman who abandoned her kids. A kid put foster care is pretty much the same thing. She must have done something pretty bad to that kid to have her put in foster care.

I also see that you had a previous girlfriend who had some side action going on. I have to wonder if the same thing is happening with her.

I see what you are saying. I thought maybe my current girlfriend's daughter was in foster care because of the abusive ex-husband. But my girlfriend divorced her ex-husband years ago, and he was deported. Are you suspecting that maybe she was also abusive toward her daughter before the girl was sent to foster care?

Old 04-28-2016, 05:05 PM

Meeting her kids on the second date + one kid in foster care + wanting you to be her boyfriend forever after just a couple of dates + wanting sex only once a week = Very bad prospect for you if you continue on with this.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:06 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
Even when I dated the single mom of 4 kids in 2013, it wasn't until a month after I started dating that person when I met her kids.
And nothing about this struck you as, I don't know...grossly inappropriate?

Old 04-28-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
I see what you are saying. I thought maybe my current girlfriend's daughter was in foster care because of the abusive ex-husband. But my girlfriend divorced her ex-husband years ago, and he was deported. Are you suspecting that maybe she was also abusive toward her daughter before the girl was sent to foster care?
The goal with foster care is to place the kid back with the parent as soon as whatever crisis was happening has passed. Something is very fishy that she never got her daughter back.

I don't know what happened, but whatever it was, was very serious. I'm surprised you have never asked her about this because this is a very big deal. The fact that she has never talked to you about it also speaks volumes about how she is not being upfront with you about things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships