Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 05:14 PM

625 posts, read 952,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I don't know what happened, but whatever it was, was very serious. I'm surprised you have never asked her about this because this is a very big deal. The fact that she has never talked to you about it also speaks volumes about how she is not being upfront with you about things.

I saw her daughter's picture on her cell phone on the first date. I think my girlfriend told me that she had two sons and a daughter on the first date, although I don't remember her talking about her daughter much. She mostly talked about her sons who currently live with her. The only reason why I found out that her daughter was in foster care was because one of her sons told me when I first met her kids and saw family pictures at her place. I asked my girlfriend about her daughter's situation, but she says that she invites her over and even texts her, but the foster parents don't let them meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 05:20 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Foster parents? Or was she adopted out? Foster parents would have nothing to say about whether or not she visited her daughter. That would come from something like child protective services or the court system, who would be trying to place the daughter back together with the mother.

If the girl was adopted, that is a completely different story and something extremely serious must've happened. She may have even put the daughter up for adoption. I have to wonder why you are not planning on talking to her about this

Old 04-28-2016, 05:23 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Because she's Hot!!!1!!1!1!11eleven!!!!

Old 04-28-2016, 05:25 PM

625 posts, read 952,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Foster parents? Or was she adopted out? Foster parents would have nothing to say about whether or not she visited her daughter. That would come from something like child protective services or the court system, who would be trying to place the daughter back together with the mother.

If the girl was adopted, that is a completely different story and something extremely serious must've happened. She may have even put the daughter up for adoption. I have to wonder why you are not planning on talking to her about this

Actually, I think you are right. The foster parents probably adopted her. I have asked my girlfriend about this, because I thought it was strange that her teenage daughter lives somewhere else. She told me that she wanted her daughter to come visit her and the two sons, and she even wanted to send her gifts, but her foster parents won't let them see her.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
Actually, I think you are right. The foster parents probably adopted her. I have asked my girlfriend about this, because I thought it was strange that her teenage daughter lives somewhere else. She told me that she wanted her daughter to come visit her and the two sons, and she even wanted to send her gifts, but her foster parents won't let them see her.
If they adopted her, they are not foster parents. Foster parents are temporary. They would be her adoptive parents. I still have to wonder why the heck you aren't going to talk to her about this and find out the backstory.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:43 PM

To answer your first question, yes it is very strange that a girl would not want you to contact her for a whole weekend if you were supposed to be her "forever boyfriend". Considering everything else, including the fact that she didn't want to have anything to do with you for a couple of weeks, I'd say this is just one more giant red waving flag

Old 04-28-2016, 06:57 PM

166 posts, read 244,414 times
The side guy will be in for the weekend....
I sure wouldn't be the one to reach out to her on Monday!

Old 04-28-2016, 07:01 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygreeneyes View Post
The side guy will be in for the weekend....
I sure wouldn't be the one to reach out to her on Monday!
It sounds like the OP is the side guy.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:07 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I think the OP is being totally scammed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-28-2016, 08:50 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
She's obviously not as into you as you are her. Id bet she's seeing someone else and doesnt want you interrupting her dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships