Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 04:47 PM

29,505 posts, read 22,616,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
You bring up a good point. So do you think I'd be silly to try and move from friends to a relationship?
No, I don't think it's silly at all.

It's just that as others point out there may be risks in doing so.

Are you willing to risk the potential negatives in order to find out? That is the big question.

Are you truly willing to risk the dynamics of the friendship you have enjoyed in the past and currently? You may say that you are here, but deep down inside, can you truly accept it if things go badly?

Now, things may go great if you reveal your true feelings to her. No problems there of course.

But I feel that not saying anything is not an option for you, as it would continue to eat away at you as your deep feelings for her go unrequited, and there is no resolution. You would rather know for certain than wait for something that may never come to fruition. I get that.

The key now is to pick the best way to find out if there can be something between you. You can either be direct, or you can take it slower and try to feel it out further if she has feelings for you besides friendship. Either way, best of luck. You never know unless you try.

How to Tell if Your Best Friend Loves You: 8 Steps

Know if Your Female Friend Is Falling for You - VisiHow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 08:37 AM

856 posts, read 704,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
No, I don't think it's silly at all.

It's just that as others point out there may be risks in doing so.

Are you willing to risk the potential negatives in order to find out? That is the big question.

Are you truly willing to risk the dynamics of the friendship you have enjoyed in the past and currently? You may say that you are here, but deep down inside, can you truly accept it if things go badly?

Now, things may go great if you reveal your true feelings to her. No problems there of course.

But I feel that not saying anything is not an option for you, as it would continue to eat away at you as your deep feelings for her go unrequited, and there is no resolution. You would rather know for certain than wait for something that may never come to fruition. I get that.

The key now is to pick the best way to find out if there can be something between you. You can either be direct, or you can take it slower and try to feel it out further if she has feelings for you besides friendship. Either way, best of luck. You never know unless you try.

How to Tell if Your Best Friend Loves You: 8 Steps

Know if Your Female Friend Is Falling for You - VisiHow
I really appreciate your feedback and the feedback of everyone else here.

A few months ago, I thought that staying silent was the best thing as not to risk friendship.

I have since come to the conclusion that if I don't say anything, I will regret it later. I am happy in my life, but I think being with this girl would make me happier.

I am not that worried about risking the friendship, I think if she says yes to a date, that's great. If she does say no, I think it could be awkward for a while but then return to normal. I hope I have a 50/50 chance at this working, I feel like I do.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships