Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 12:56 PM

1,199 posts, read 730,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Super cool

And as a resident DJ I'm sure you fair even better than most
It certainly is a superficial status booster for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 12:58 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
It certainly is a superficial status booster for sure.
I have a few mates that's done a few clubs here in London and I went to school with one that turned out to be one of the biggest garage DJs in London....

A few nights out with him was well worth it

Old 05-01-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Is this one of those threads where OP says all kinds of nonsense, then disappears and never returns?
He has over 300 posts so I very much doubt it mate

Old 05-01-2016, 01:24 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Thanks for coming out to gender bash and outright lie. Good job, be proud!
I'm not bashing. All I'm doing is stating that online dating is good for women and not good for the large majority of men. Since online dating is becoming the standard way of getting dates initiated nowadays, this presents a problem for the larger majority of men, many of whom might otherwise be successful in the dating realm.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I'm not bashing. All I'm doing is stating that online dating is good for women and not good for the large majority of men. Since online dating is becoming the standard way of getting dates initiated nowadays, this presents a problem for the larger majority of men, many of whom might otherwise be successful in the dating realm.
If they are successful in other ways why wouldn't they be on online dating?

Now I'd assume your answer is that there are more men on online than women, so women can pick and choose etc?. If so the bar scene has always had more men than women and " the larger majority of men " have always done well regardless

Old 05-01-2016, 01:30 PM

1,199 posts, read 730,290 times
Quote:
Someone alert the press. Online dating is easy for women that are somewhat attractive and tall good looking men.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:29 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
If you are a loser in dating in real life you will be a loser at online dating also. If you do well in online dating you will do well in life meeting people also.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:00 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
In the old days if an adult woman became single then she would have to get out into the social scene to meet a guy. Nowadays, as a guy, there are no social scenes for finding single women, because women can just create an online dating profile and boom -- dozens of dates lined up.

The problem is that if you're a guy who isn't 6'0" in height and doesn't make a good income, you are cut out of the online dating scene and have nowhere to find women. Bars are sausagefests. If you find anywhere that does have single women, they won't be interested in, and don't know how to, flirt with men in real life, because online dating is where they invest their energy.
Supposedly, only unattractive and socially awkward women use online dating since other women would have no need for it, so why worry about it?

Old 05-01-2016, 03:51 PM

264 posts, read 183,105 times
Quote:
The problem is that if you're a guy who isn't 6'0" in height and doesn't make a good income, you are cut out of the online dating scene and have nowhere to find women. Bars are sausagefests. If you find anywhere that does have single women, they won't be interested in, and don't know how to, flirt with men in real life, because online dating is where they invest their energy.
Meh, I'm 6'2" and make a six figure income and online dating still sucks. On the big popular dating sites I get about 1 or 2 responses for every ten messages sent….and I take my time and try to write something fairly decent. I don't just spam notes that say "Hi" or something ridiculous. Then when I get those 1 or 2 responses, at least 80% of the time they don't make it even to the exchanging numbers stage. And of the few that make it that far less than half ever turn into a real date. That means there's at least a hundred messages into getting one in person date. I think my results will improve slightly if I can get some good "action" pictures this summer, but I'm not expecting instant success, just slightly improved return message rates.

A couple of things though….
1) I've had much better luck with women in real life than I did in the days before online dating (yeah, I'm that old). I think that women get so overloaded with jerks online that are filled with courage to approach women they'd never have the guts to talk to in real life and say things they'd never say in person that when a gentleman approaches in real life your stock goes up quickly. I met one woman recently that was quite attractive (more than 10 years younger than me and certainly "out of my league") while I was buying my lunch in a deli. I've struck up lots of conversations in places like gas stations, restaurants, stores, and so on. I think if you're willing to put the effort in in real life it'll pay off.

2) I've also had much better luck on some of the sites for specific types of people. I have a profile on one that is specifically for people that are dominant/submissive and the response rate I get on that site is much higher than what I manage on any of the big generic dating sites. I don't have a profile on a Christian site or anything, but I'd bet the result would be similar.

Anyways point is that you gotta accept that the OLD thing is a grind. You gotta embrace the suck so to speak and just get on with it. In the end you only want it to work out completely once.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooncesTheDrivingCat View Post
Meh, I'm 6'2" and make a six figure income and online dating still sucks. On the big popular dating sites I get about 1 or 2 responses for every ten messages sent….and I take my time and try to write something fairly decent. I don't just spam notes that say "Hi" or something ridiculous. Then when I get those 1 or 2 responses, at least 80% of the time they don't make it even to the exchanging numbers stage. And of the few that make it that far less than half ever turn into a real date. That means there's at least a hundred messages into getting one in person date. I think my results will improve slightly if I can get some good "action" pictures this summer, but I'm not expecting instant success, just slightly improved return message rates.

A couple of things though….
1) I've had much better luck with women in real life than I did in the days before online dating (yeah, I'm that old). I think that women get so overloaded with jerks online that are filled with courage to approach women they'd never have the guts to talk to in real life and say things they'd never say in person that when a gentleman approaches in real life your stock goes up quickly. I met one woman recently that was quite attractive (more than 10 years younger than me and certainly "out of my league") while I was buying my lunch in a deli. I've struck up lots of conversations in places like gas stations, restaurants, stores, and so on. I think if you're willing to put the effort in in real life it'll pay off.

2) I've also had much better luck on some of the sites for specific types of people. I have a profile on one that is specifically for people that are dominant/submissive and the response rate I get on that site is much higher than what I manage on any of the big generic dating sites. I don't have a profile on a Christian site or anything, but I'd bet the result would be similar.

Anyways point is that you gotta accept that the OLD thing is a grind. You gotta embrace the suck so to speak and just get on with it. In the end you only want it to work out completely once.
EDIT: I'm very sorry for this oversight and I'll pay more attention next time

Last edited by Londoncowboy30; 05-01-2016 at 04:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships