Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 12:29 PM

1,188 posts, read 959,213 times

Advertisements

In the old days if an adult woman became single then she would have to get out into the social scene to meet a guy. Nowadays, as a guy, there are no social scenes for finding single women, because women can just create an online dating profile and boom -- dozens of dates lined up.

The problem is that if you're a guy who isn't 6'0" in height and doesn't make a good income, you are cut out of the online dating scene and have nowhere to find women. Bars are sausagefests. If you find anywhere that does have single women, they won't be interested in, and don't know how to, flirt with men in real life, because online dating is where they invest their energy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 12:31 PM

11,796 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Thanks for coming out to gender bash and outright lie. Good job, be proud!

Old 05-01-2016, 12:33 PM

1,199 posts, read 730,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
In the old days if an adult woman became single then she would have to get out into the social scene to meet a guy. Nowadays, as a guy, there are no social scenes for finding single women, because women can just create an online dating profile and boom -- dozens of dates lined up.

The problem is that if you're a guy who isn't 6'0" in height and doesn't make a good income, you are cut out of the online dating scene and have nowhere to find women. Bars are sausagefests. If you find anywhere that does have single women, they won't be interested in, and don't know how to, flirt with men in real life, because online dating is where they invest their energy.
Do you leave your house? The bar and club scene is certainly thriving.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Actually, according to Pew, only 5% of married or committed people say they met their spouse online.

88% of people report having met their SO offline.

As for bars, though...I have NEVER EVER attempted to get picked up in a bar, LOL. That's just me, though. So I guess for me you'd have to say: bars have been irrelevant meetup places since 1985.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:44 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:

Except for the women who put up profiles and get nothing but bots and scams, or obscene photos.
Except for the women who like shorter guys (we're out there. Notice all the short guys who are married or in a LTR).

If you guys don't know where to meet women, that's not women's fault. Women are out in the community, participating in activities like co-ed sports, volunteering, joining hobby groups (3 guys in the last 10 days here on C-D have posted they met a women they're currently dating in a local hiking group, btw), taking co-ed dance lessons, etc. to meet guys. Where are you, OP? Why aren't you at these types of venues?

And why are you complaining that the women you do meet don't know how to flirt? Just talk to them. What's wrong with just having a few straightforward conversations? That's how a lot of relationships start. Do you find it more flattering if women flirt, is that what this is about? Get over yourself, and just get out there. Mix. Mingle. Chat. Enjoy.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:47 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:

Complete and utter bollox mate

I ONLY do the pub/bar scene and NEVER online dating so I take it I'm a virgin then? LOL.

To further humour you..... My take on online dating for women is more for convenience such as being a single mother or work that prevents them from getting out and about as they would have wished.

The other HUGE bonus on online dating for women is they can filter out the angry and bitter retards that moan about this and that they would no doubt encounter at some point on a night out

In short the pub/bar scene is as its always been and is great for the RIGHT blokes

Old 05-01-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
Do you leave your house? The bar and club scene is certainly thriving.
Agreed a thousand percent

Old 05-01-2016, 12:50 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Is this one of those threads where OP says all kinds of nonsense, then disappears and never returns?

Old 05-01-2016, 12:51 PM

1,199 posts, read 730,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Agreed a thousand percent
I'm a monthly resident DJ at a big club in my city. It's thriving no doubt.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
I'm a monthly resident DJ at a big club in my city. It's thriving no doubt.
Super cool

And as a resident DJ I'm sure you fair even better than most
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships