Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 06:52 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times

Advertisements

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 07:06 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,576,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
For me, its not so much the lost of luster, but the time and effort put into hooking up.
Indeed. I've never really done any "hooking up" , but I understand the premise. The mere thought of how it all works wearys me.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:33 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,288,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Indeed. I've never really done any "hooking up" , but I understand the premise. The mere thought of how it all works wearys me.
Its not easy getting tail. I mean, I can make a few calls and set something up, but the things you have to do: Take me out to a nice dinner, HCoconut....I want to watch an NBA/NHL game, take me here, take me there....UGH!

Lol. Oh well, if you want it bad enough.....

Old 05-04-2016, 07:16 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,489,133 times
Quote:
Its not easy getting tail. I mean, I can make a few calls and set something up, but the things you have to do: Take me out to a nice dinner, HCoconut....I want to watch an NBA/NHL game, take me here, take me there....UGH!

I'm quite surprised by that brah.....

The chase or challenge if you like of wooing a lady is the best part IMO and makes the end product a hell of a lot more enjoyable

From start to finish ...... " ello darlin where you been all my life? " and all the other charm, compliments etc, then arrange a date.

Whilst on the date I LOVE making a fuss about her and giving her the red carpet treatment from drinks/dinner/special event and making her feel beautiful and special and so forth.....

Courtship is in a way foreplay and is the buildup to sex, again for me that's the very best part of it! 💕💞❤️💘

Old 05-04-2016, 07:27 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:

Jeez, yeah, that ain't worth it... I usually just have to meet someone for beers or mai tais. The worst thing about it is the mai tai hangover.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:48 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,271,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Jeez, yeah, that ain't worth it... I usually just have to meet someone for beers or mai tais. The worst thing about it is the mai tai hangover.

I was fortunate. I never really had to go out. Beers at my apartment and then you can figure out the rest. I tended to keep away from doing activities outside of my apartment with FWBs, because I didn't want to confuse the situation by it "feeling" like a date. Could be because deep down I knew they wanted more from me and deep down I knew I didn't. I can think so clear with this vow of celibacy.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:50 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,877,650 times
OP Just remember that marriage is not guarantee of a cure. Lots of people live in marriages with no love or sex. Now you're living with a person who doesn't care about you and so the rejection is right there in the flesh every day and night. Maybe you should start dating the old fashioned way, without the sex. First people would find out if they liked each other and had similar values and interests and whether they could get along and they did all this without the sex fog concealing the reality of what kind of relationship they actually had.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:06 AM

18,151 posts, read 15,576,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
OP Just remember that marriage is not guarantee of a cure. Lots of people live in marriages with no love or sex. Now you're living with a person who doesn't care about you and so the rejection is right there in the flesh every day and night. Maybe you should start dating the old fashioned way, without the sex. First people would find out if they liked each other and had similar values and interests and whether they could get along and they did all this without the sex fog concealing the reality of what kind of relationship they actually had.
Verily, being married or totally committed is NOT a guarantee of sex whenever you want. To many factors figure in. As time goes on, lots of things happen. Namely ...life. Even if you both want to dive in, often, there is just no time. Being committed means dealing with come what may. Medical and some other issues often put my lady off on sex. Its u derstandable, and I roll with it. Generally, I let her give the signal, such as it is. She requires gentle and patient handling.

Marriage and commitment doesn't just open the door for anytime anyplace.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:06 AM

8,920 posts, read 7,692,289 times
I never experienced any type of sexual attraction to anyone until I started to fall for them emotionally.

In OP's case, it's more than likely he wants to find a companion/partner. This happens with a lot of people if not everyone at some point. I don't have anything against those who have casual sex, but I wouldn't partake in it myself. It's pretty easy for me to walk through life without the want for a partner or someone to sleep with. An emotional bond is always my first priority. If don't have that, then everything else is pointless.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:07 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I was fortunate. I never really had to go out. Beers at my apartment and then you can figure out the rest. I tended to keep away from doing activities outside of my apartment with FWBs, because I didn't want to confuse the situation by it "feeling" like a date. Could be because deep down I knew they wanted more from me and deep down I knew I didn't. I can think so clear with this vow of celibacy.
Oh I had FBs like that, but if it was a FWB we would be going out and doing stuff anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships