Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 10:43 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
That has the potential to be too negative or too toxic for early stages. I'd avoid that one.
I thought it would be a funny way of saying there's office politics (which I recall is the case from a previous post or two by Diss), but maybe not. Especially by text, probably not. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 10:46 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,227 times
Great to hear! Initially, just get to know her and find out some of her interests. Hopefully there will be some you both have in common and let it go from there.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:49 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Also, bear in mind that there are women out there who also hate small talk. You might come across as a more interesting person if you keep the small talk brief, and segue into talking about interests and passions, like Timberline, and inquiring about hers.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
I hate small talk. I avoid it all costs! Flatter her. Be complimentary. Ask her about her goals, likes, dislikes etc. Let the convo stem from that. Be a student of her. Learn her. Keep the focus on her. Let her know she's special. That will get you alot farther than...so...uh...you seen that new movie?
This seems a bit over the top to me. There's a fine line between appearing interested and desperate/clingy.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:52 AM

308 posts, read 267,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
awesome!!
Third - people like to talk about themselves. Ask a few open ended questions and see where it leads you. Ask about her hobbies and she might be happily tell you about them. Show interest in her and her life and ask a detail or two about her interests and she is going to be thrilled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
I hate small talk. I avoid it all costs! Flatter her. Be complimentary. Ask her about her goals, likes, dislikes etc. Let the convo stem from that. Be a student of her. Learn her. Keep the focus on her. Let her know she's special. That will get you alot farther than...so...uh...you seen that new movie?
This is probably the greatest pieces of advice when interacting with anyone, let alone a prospective date. BUT DO NOT FLATTER THEM! Take an honest and serious interest in their response when you ask them to tell you more about themselves. When you listen carefully, there is bound to be at least one thing they say that will enable you to continue asking them more questions. Or you may even find out what you two have in common, and share your own life experiences. But, always keep the conversation focused on them and at the end of the day they'll think you're the best person to have a conversation with even if you only asked a few questions.

Also, in your free time check out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to...fluence_People No matter how well you get along and deal with other people there is always something in this book that you will find useful.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:56 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,150,157 times
The key is to keep her talking and making eye contact. On the first date, I rarely ever say much. I just keep her going and going and I pretend like I'm interested in what's she's saying. Once it gets to the point of her asking me questions, I have a pre-planned script I've created in my mind. I tell stories about my past experiences with dating, life, and such.

Also, it's important to read body language and try to figure out what you can get away with. If a woman is smiling and is giving you great eye contact, try to get closer. "Accidentally" play footsies with her and gauge her reaction. If it seems positive, sit next to her. Poke her a little and see if she's playful. If she's receptive, try to hold her hand or put your hand on her thigh and just keep going with it. Building momentum is crucial.

Location is also key. I have this perfect coffee shop I love having women meet me because of it's large outside seating area. I feel very comfortable there and thus far I'm 10/11 so far with using this spot and I'll continue do so.

I typically have a woman in bed no later than the 3rd date with my strategies.

Last edited by The Illusive Man; 05-03-2016 at 11:06 AM..

Old 05-03-2016, 10:57 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
This seems a bit over the top to me. There's a fine line between appearing interested and desperate/clingy.
I disagree, if you are not enthusiastic enough and don't seem genuinely keen then she will feel it's only a half hearted approach and not thinking he's that interested.

I do agree there is a fine line between the two but from my experience it's better to up the anti sooner rather than later otherwise just chatting about common interests and work for example is as platonic as it gets and would be quite off putting to most after talking for a while I would have thought? And a sure way to keep in this dreaded " friend zone " I keep hearing about LOL.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:57 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
The key is to keep her talking and making eye contact. On the first date, I rarely ever say much. I just keep her going and going and I pretend like I'm interested in what's she's saying. Once it gets to the point of her asking me questions, I have a pre-planned script I've created in my mind. I tell stories about my past experiences with dating, life, and such.

I typically have a woman in bed no later than the 3rd date with my strategies.
How awesome of you to employ strategies to get women into bed.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:59 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
I don't understand this "pretend to be interested in" what they are saying crud. Maybe i'm missing something, but if they aren't interested in things I find interesting, or I want to hear about, why the heck am I out with them in the first place? Does not compute.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I disagree, if you are not enthusiastic enough and don't seem genuinely keen then she will feel it's only a half hearted approach and not thinking he's that interested.

I do agree there is a fine line between the two but from my experience it's better to up the anti sooner rather than later otherwise just chatting about common interests and work for example is as platonic as it gets and would be quite off putting to most after talking for a while I would have thought? And a sure way to keep in this dreaded " friend zone " I keep hearing about LOL.
This doesn't have anything to do with enthusiasm. The way she was describing seems pretty one-sided to me. In my experience, most women actually are interested in my opinions as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships