Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 04:32 PM

3 posts, read 2,043 times

Advertisements

When you don't hear from your significant other do you ever feel like you have been forgotten? I don't car ehow busy you are it's a horrible feeling

I remember one day my ex, well she didnt contact me and i basically felt she had forgotten me and that's a crappy feeling.
She said she was busy with finals but i STILL thought she could have me an effort to conaact me that day.

I would have. maybe that shows how much I cared

Too not hear from the person you care about sucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 04:34 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john87smith View Post
When you don't hear from your significant other do you ever feel like you have been forgotten? I don't car ehow busy you are it's a horrible feeling

I remember one day my ex, well she didnt contact me and i basically felt she had forgotten me and that's a crappy feeling.
She said she was busy with finals but i STILL thought she could have me an effort to conaact me that day.

Depends on the time span.

You could have contacted her first ... just sayin ...

Old 05-03-2016, 04:51 PM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:

Forgotten, because your busy EX didn't contact you during the day? You remember THAT day?
If she didn't had any emergency to announce, I don't see it as "forgotten".
Sorry, but all that sorry "forgotten" feelings seems to be very needy, insecure and selfish.

Even a SO doesn't have to be in contact all the times.
It would be different if SO was living apart, or traveling solo. But other than that, if there is nothing super important to tell, there is no need to contact, especially when the other person is busy at work, or studying for finals, or doing their stuff.
How people lived before cell phones and other gadgets? Did they feel neglected and forgotten?

Old 05-03-2016, 04:57 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,614 times
Quote:

You're overthinking and your statements sound rather needy. If you know someone is busy with finals, why would you feel forgotten? You know exactly what's occupying their mind. You have to accept that life goes on outside of the relationship. Either that or find someone who's comfortable with your attachment style.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:06 PM

953 posts, read 842,941 times
Even though you two are no longer together, how much time elapsed before you heard from her? I would imagine there was a tremendous feeling of relief on your part when you took a deep breath and said, "FINAL-LY."

Old 05-03-2016, 05:11 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:

Sounds much too clingy and co dependent to me, no thank you. I would seriously consider professional help for this issue if it continues as it is.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:29 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
OP, I feel that you are relying on others to get your self esteem, instead of yourself. Make yourself happy.
Thankfully, I have a loving husband, but I have struggled as my children have gone on to productive lives, and have limited contact with me. My grandchildren are now high school and college age and they are out there thriving, but not very communicative.
Here is the reality. All our kids love us and when we get together, we have a great time. When we go for months and years without seeing each other I miss them.
What I think of is that I did a good job. Nobody is still on my couch. I raised independent kids, and isn't this what we should all shoot for?
Your ex wife has moved on. You should move on, too. Like I said before, make yourself happy, You are all your have, and if you aren't happy, how can you form a healthy new relationship?

Old 05-03-2016, 05:48 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
No.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:56 PM

3 posts, read 2,043 times
My ex (who was my gf at the time) didnt contact me.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:12 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Im not surprised shes an ex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships