Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 06:06 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Dreamer View Post
I'm just curious as to why he's doing that all of a sudden.
How long ago have you seen him? When was the last time again?

( sorry if already mentioned )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 06:07 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Just "unfollow" him on FB that way you won't see his feeds or whatever they call it. He's giving you the it's not you it's me BS and he's probably stringing you along with the contact. Most likely just putting you on the backburner just in case. Sorry to be blunt but let's not put lipstick on a pig here.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:10 PM

176 posts, read 978,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
How long ago have you seen him? When was the last time again?

( sorry if already mentioned )
We last saw each other the end of February. We spoke a few times in March via text (explained in other thread) and he started to like everything that I do on Facebook in April. He still do everyday. Even things I've posted in the past.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:16 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
If he wants to see you he will. Since he hasn't asked, he doesn't consider you to be a potential Ms. Right.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:22 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
I'm just curious as to why he's doing that all of a sudden.
Ok.

Ask him.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-04-2016, 06:24 PM

122 posts, read 122,746 times
Quote:
We last saw each other the end of February. We spoke a few times in March via text (explained in other thread) and he started to like everything that I do on Facebook in April. He still do everyday. Even things I've posted in the past.
To me, you already made yourself clear you are interested in a relationship. Then, he basically gave you a soft rejection. That means the ball is in his court. If he changes his mind, he can tell you straight up he changes his mind.

You can ignore all those facebook likes or kisses IMs. It could be boredom. It could be ego boosting. It could be an effort to keep your feelings towards him even he is not interested. It could be his way to deal with female friends. He could be horny. My bet is : he wants to flirt with someone before he find that Ms Right.

You really only have 2 choices. Ignore him or play hard to get.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:26 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Back in January I started dating this guy who I really started to like. We are both 30. During that time I worked nights and he worked mornings so we couldn't see each other that much during the week so we mostly saw each other every weekend going out on dates and hanging out. The end of February I brought up the relationship topic. He told me that he wasn't looking for a relationship right now because he has a lot going on and he's trying to get his life together looking for a better job, apartment etc. He told me that if I wanted to stop seeing him that he'll understand and hope that I will find someone who will make me happy because he can't do that right now. I respected his honestly and decided to move on. We only text each other like 3 times throughout the month of March after that just saying hi. The first text he sent he just said hello and have a great week. A week after the second time we spoke in text I suggested we can hang out as friends and he said sure and will let me know (I kind of regret that I said that now). Two weeks after the last time we spoke I sent a text just to say hi and he sent a kissy face and said we're going to hang out soon I promise but I didn't respond after, not even sending a kissy face back. From then I decided to back off. We're still friends on Facebook. He's on Facebook 24/7 putting up statuses and pictures all day long everyday. I probably only liked two throughout the month of April and that's it. I'll update my Facebook once in a blue moon and whenever I do he likes everything. The odd thing too is that he randomly goes back to old statues and pictures that I posted weeks ago and likes them. I don't know if it's to get my attention but I didn't think too much of it because if he really wants to get my attention he could reach out to me by phone. That's the only interaction I get from him now. We haven't spoken to each other in over a month now by phone.

Yesterday I just so happen to see a status that he put that says he's looking for ms right. When I saw that I became upset. I felt like he lied to me about not wanting a relationship because how you tell me that you're trying to get yourself together then a month and a half later you are looking now???

Should I confront him about this or just leave him alone?
You have no reason to confront him. He is not obligated to clear it with you first if he wants to state he is looking for ms. right. If you were his ms. right, he would have let you know.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:28 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
He may well be open to see you again and possibly hoping to but only in a FB/FWB capacity? Does that sound possible?.

It's a really hard one this as it screams that he just likes the sex/your attention but he hasn't actually asked or made strides to " get it " if you see what I mean?

Why don't you ask him outright? Or are you scared of the answer?

Old 05-04-2016, 06:34 PM

176 posts, read 978,693 times
I'm not scared of the answer. I'm just scared to come off as the crazy/ desperate type. I'm also afraid that if I questioned him about wanting a relationship now instead of before he's going to lie to me.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:44 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
You don't want to look crazy by asking, but you have reasons that you feel he's interested: likes, kisses, asked you to hang out. ...who cares what you look like --you were thinking about hiding anyway?

If he doesn't want a relationship with you then what he thinks will no longer matter. If he does-- then win/win, because that seems to be what you want.

Ask him right now and let us know what happened
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships