Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women do you think less of a man that uses online dating?
Yes 7 15.91%
No 37 84.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 11:36 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Odd question. If it weren't for the men on there, OLD wouldn't exist. How could women disparage men who participate?

Like another poster said it gets a bad rap because a lot of people assume they're losers who can't approach people. Which isn't the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 11:41 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Makes no sense, as the woman would also be using online dating, right?
Otherwise, how would she know?
Yes. Obviously he doesn't know how to communicate and/or can't make friends where he lives, or have other big time flaws everyone around him already know about. With exception for sparsely populated areas.

And yes, Pitt Chick has a valid question.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:50 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:

That is a good question, although people, and even women people, sometimes apply standards to others which they themselves fail to meet.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:14 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Not necessarily. Many women on the sites don't take it seriously and it's reflected in their profiles.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:23 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Not necessarily. Many women on the sites don't take it seriously and it's reflected in their profiles.
Many men on sites also don't take it seriously as reflected by their profiles! The thing with OLD is you go in knowing that you will probably encounter a lot of profiles that don't suit you, but there will be the ones that do so put your focus on those. If you keep getting angry at the unsuitable profiles, you will have a difficult time indeed.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:18 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
Huh? There's something wrong with THAT now, too???? I can't keep up anymore.

As my mom used to say, "The world is going to Hell in a handbasket."

I think folks find things wrong with what others do, or they find things wrong because they don't want to make changes to themselves, or they just have too much time on their hands.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:18 PM

641 posts, read 405,377 times
I think the answer would depend on how successful he is at OLD.

Women are generally getting tons of messages from men, so if the man is successful at OLD and getting dates then women will think highly of him for that because he's beat the odds. If he's one of the endless 'losers' who approach women online and never get anywhere then he'd be looked on more negatively.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:21 PM

28 posts, read 24,230 times
I don't see any reason why I would. No reason to.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:09 PM

37,592 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Please keep the poll to women only.

Interested to see the results.
Well it's a rather ridiculous poll considering how many of us use OLD today.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:07 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
I think the answer would depend on how successful he is at OLD.

Women are generally getting tons of messages from men, so if the man is successful at OLD and getting dates then women will think highly of him for that because he's beat the odds. If he's one of the endless 'losers' who approach women online and never get anywhere then he'd be looked on more negatively.
So, basically...be good looking? Be honest--it's nothing the guy does (short of flat out being vulgar, that is, and sometimes, a guy may get away with that) that will make him successful at OLD. That guy being successful will probably be of the site in short order. If it wasn't for the fact that Match is so scummy and lures you in with bots, I'd actually subscribe. Heck, my profile has racked up about 600 views from the occasional weekend I put it up this year. If only...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships