Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 09:32 AM

151 posts, read 102,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Most everything in red you wrote indicates a problem. You don't have much actual experience with women, and you've read just enough from dubious sources to be dangerous.

The minute you mentioned "vaginal tightness," I knew what kind of person we were dealing with.
Whatever! Do yourself a favor and stop such implications. If your post is meant to show rejection, then I would say that rejection no longer bothers me.

Let me be more direct:

I am sorry for any offense that anyone here might have taken.

Is there anything else do you want from me?

Old 05-08-2016, 09:53 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
Hey guys here is a great idea....hell, maybe even a crazy one.
Instead of ridiculing and mocking people for who they may be making them even more agitated and driving them to be standoffish. Just respond to them in a way they can help them understand.

To the OP, all you have to understand and accept in these moments is these people are not willing to give you attention in the way you desire.

Their personalities and ways of dealing with stress are different than your own and you cannot judge how they react in the same ways you would. They may simply be closed off becuase they are not in a mood to talk to people and focusing on tasks or in the process of doing something that requires attention to be diverted, which can be internally or externally.

If you're not getting any results with the interjection of random factors, take away as much of the random variables as possible. If a date is what you desire, specifically target dating and try a dating site or some groups that may exist in your area that encourage people to meet and get to know one another

Last edited by rego00123; 05-08-2016 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: Phone fun

Old 05-08-2016, 10:20 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Hey guys here is a great idea....hell, maybe even a crazy one.
Instead of ridiculing and mocking people for who they may be making them even more agitated and driving them to be standoffish. Just respond to them in a way they can help them understand.

To the OP, all you have to understand and accept in these moments is these people are not willing to give you attention in the way you desire.

Their personalities and ways of dealing with stress are different than your own and you cannot judge how they react in the same ways you would. They may simply be closed off becuase they are not in a mood to talk to people and focusing on tasks or in the process of doing something that requires attention to be diverted, which can be internally or externally.

If you're not getting any results with the interjection of random factors, take away as much of the random variables as possible. If a date is what you desire, specifically target dating and try a dating site or some groups that may exist in your area that encourage people to meet and get to know one another
Re-read post 51 and tell me if you still think this is just a regular guy trying to find a date.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:26 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Re-read post 51 and tell me if you still think this is just a regular guy trying to find a date.
define "regular"

I see someone trying to understand through process how others relate to his way of thinking, failing and becoming discouraged.

Not a call to arms.

This is what I get when all the personal diatribes are taken away from this thread.
From his perspective all he is hearing is that he has to please others in order to attract others, but he is at an impasse (in the logic behind it) becuase he doesn't not feel he should have to compromise fundments of who he is just to gain it.

He is not understanding why he is the only one who should need to compromise if the goal is a shared thing.

Last edited by rego00123; 05-08-2016 at 10:36 AM..

Old 05-08-2016, 10:41 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
define "regular"

I see someone trying to understand through process how others relate to his way of thinking, failing and becoming discouraged.

Not a call to arms.

This is what I get when all the personal diatribes are taken away from this thread.
From his perspective all he is hearing is that he has to please others in order to attract others, but he is at an impasse (in the logic behind it) becuase he doesn't not feel he should have to compromise fundments of who he is just to gain it.

He is not understanding why he is the only one who should need to compromise if the goal is a shared thing.
A lot of women seem to think only their feelings matter while shutting down the man. And then they wonder why the man stops pursuing them (assuming they're single, doesn't apply to women who are taken). Nobody likes a never ending race.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:46 AM

151 posts, read 102,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Post 51 might have been posted in somewhat harsh language, but it mostly represents the truth. I told you all before that I apologize for any offense that post yielded.

No, I am not a regular guy, something better. Believe it or not, the reason that I want a relationship goes well-beyond messing around or just wanting sex.

I got a date, and I got Facebook details, phone numbers from girls. Guess what, I am not bugging them.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:55 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
A lot of women seem to think only their feelings matter while shutting down the man. And then they wonder why the man stops pursuing them (assuming they're single, doesn't apply to women who are taken). Nobody likes a never ending race.
Why would a woman who has said no to a man want him to keep pursuing her? I would think that the continuing unwanted attention would be more frightening than welcomed.

Does that make any sense to you at all?

Old 05-08-2016, 10:56 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaoudeyeh View Post
Well. I am not here to rant or something, but I believe that rejecting a man and giving him no chance to be in contact with you is one of the most common reasons why girls end up with jerks that cheat or dump them.

Think about it this way: if a woman rejected a man just because she was not in mood, or she did not talk to him long enough, wouldn't it be possible that she was wasting one of her best matches? Let's see:

1. in a work, you work
2. in a library, you study
3. in a gym, you work out
4. in a grocery store, you shop
5. in a bar, you hang out with friends
6. in a bus stop, you are very likely to be tired and sick of your boss
7. in a cafe, you are chilling
8. in a pool, you want to swim and have fun
9. in a park, you read

Almost every place you are in is not intended for establishing relationships, so by rejecting almost everyone, you (quoted member: I know you are a man, but the speech is general here) will have no one but yourself to blame when you end up with a man that dumps you. Many quite attractive women end up end up having a relationship with men who are overweight, too skinny, introvert, cannot flirt and banter well, etc. I have seen that beautiful women (sometimes exceptionally beautiful and probably quality women as well) with men who simply have one of the aforementioned drawbacks. Such women realize soon enough, before they lose some of their appeal due to aging, that initial impression is not quite a good reason to reject giving someone their contact info so they can communicate again and see where it goes. Others end up bouncing from man to man and regret that men do not want to commit!

Most of speech about relationships tends to focus on the psychology of women. I am a man, and would tell you that what follows quite applies to most men: when a man knows, after long relationship, that the woman wanted him when she had some sort of physical appeal (toned, feminine, beautiful, etc), and still accepted him despite having some drawbacks that women commonly turned off by, he would probably still want her after she loses a significant portion of that appeal. The reason is this: men realize, at least sub-consciously, that women typically look for men as entertainers that can almost always come up with new surprises, and yet most of them still expect well-toned and high-maintenance person for a boyfriend. So basically, she is not into him, she is just into his "body" and his "potential to entertain." Men tend to become more attractive as they age to their thirties. By contrast, women will significant lose their appeal during that period, and pregnancy may make the situation even worse for vaginal tightness. It is way easier for men to maintain a good physical appeal in their thirties and forties. So basically men will tend to have the mentality of "We were friends with benefits, and it is your responsibility to maintain the benefits you used to give me. Now that you do not, I am free to go!"

This is not to say that women should not filter and start sleeping with any guy or give their number to everyone. It just means that you, if you are looking for Mr. Right, need to leave some form of contact for more people who could be interested. Waiting to be in the right mood to give some form of contact will literally waste lots of opportunities. What is the worst thing that could ever happen here? If you gave a Facebook ID, you could simply block him later if he turned to be a pervert. If you gave him a mobile number, you could report him and have him arrested if he spammed you with messages or phone calls. If you gave him your email, most people are already flooded with junk emails. Just remove his with the junk ones! You can even set up two emails and specify one for those who claim some interest. If you got sick from perverts spams, just set up new one!

I am an Engineer, and would say that the quality of the final solution is to some extent proportional with the number of the proposed solutions. I noticed that this principle works pretty much for every aspect in life.
If you have it figured out, then why are you asking here?

by the way, as a woman, your pregnancy and tightness is WRONG.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:03 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why would a woman who has said no to a man want him to keep pursuing her? I would think that the continuing unwanted attention would be more frightening than welcomed.

Does that make any sense to you at all?
That sounds an awful lot like asking a woman to put a stranger's feelings above her own, especially if his attentions are persistent and unwanted. (And it's ironic coming from a poster who brags about being rude to women he's not interested in.)

Old 05-08-2016, 11:03 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Well same for women.

If we approach, we're trashy or too manly

Not true at all. Any one that says so is full of shat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships