Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 02:27 PM

308 posts, read 267,346 times

Advertisements

Just the health risk alone would be enough for me to keep away. Having stds on top of what your brother is already going through seems like a step in the wrong direction.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:30 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
so maybe if he were to come up with some sort of arrangement where no pimp will take advantage?
Pimps dont make deals.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:37 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,995 times
I'm talking about an arrangement where there is no pimp. Not ever call girl has a pimp do they? Are their not any that work independently?

Old 05-09-2016, 02:45 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
I'm talking about an arrangement where there is no pimp. Not ever call girl has a pimp do they? Are their not any that work independently?
You rarely see pimps, if any at all.

That's only in the movies/TV, Lol

Old 05-09-2016, 02:56 PM

122 posts, read 122,746 times
Just fly to Las Vegas. It is legal over there right?

On the other hand, I don't even see the moral issue here. Your brother is single. The hooker needs money. Your brother is not cheating. Do wear protection though.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:57 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
and yet so many posters seem to think its a viable option to their problems!
Well I think it's a case of settling a bit, and a bit of fantasy / imagination.

You can't buy love, or true emotional intimacy. But if you're a very late bloomer, don't have experience with women, or can't seem to attract or connect with the women you want, prostitution is better than nothing. It beats having going solo every night. So a night with a woman they find appealing is better than nights alone, even if the woman is just doing a job. That's where fantasy comes in. She may just want money, but they can imagine / pretend for a night or few hours that she actually likes them in addition to wanting money.

So not really a solution or fixture to a problem. But some don't really fix their problem, they just try to manage it.

Last edited by HappyRain; 05-09-2016 at 03:07 PM..

Old 05-09-2016, 03:46 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You rarely see pimps, if any at all.

That's only in the movies/TV, Lol
If you stick to known independents which generally operate indoors.

Unfortunately, in the lower street level prostitution, pimps are still a problem. Our laws make it difficult to go after the pimps because they are out of sight and the women are too afraid to involve/rat on the pimp during arrest. It also makes it difficult for women to seek help from authorities because they themselves are breaking the law. I consider women force under a pimp a victim... but a victim here is also a criminal in the eyes of law.

Last edited by usayit; 05-09-2016 at 03:54 PM..

Old 05-09-2016, 03:47 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehighrockies View Post
Just fly to Las Vegas. It is legal over there right?

On the other hand, I don't even see the moral issue here. Your brother is single. The hooker needs money. Your brother is not cheating. Do wear protection though.
Nope... prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas and the surrounding county.

It is only legal in certain outlying counties of Nevada where the legal brothels operate.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:50 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
My brother is autistic and has had a lot of trouble getting women. He has had no luck at all in fact and he's 26 now.

He has become very depressed and lonely these past few years and has an inner shame built up, as well as lots of anxiety.

He doesn't have a car of his own, but borrows the parents, since he lives with us. We think he may have been seeing a prostitute since we have been finding out what part of town he has been spending some of his time in lately, since he goes out, yet he doesn't want to tell us where, and has no friends that we know of.

So basically my parents are against him doing this, and I would have been as well, a few months ago. But watching him go through his loneliness and depression has caused me to have a much more pessimistic view of the situation lately.

I mean if women are not willing to accept him for who and what he is, maybe he deserves a little intimacy in his life, even if it's payed for. Maybe choosing that path, is an exception to the moral code for people like him, since he is not accepted by women.

What do you think? Am I being too out of line for thinking that way, and sympathizing with him to the point, where I may be considering condoning his action, compared to my parents?

Or should we perhaps believe in a moral exception to the rule, for people like him, where perhaps it's called for, and let him have a little closure? Even if he makes a mistake and learns the hard way, at least we told him and it's his decision as an adult. What do you think?
If he's getting the intimacy or happiness he needs then so be it

Of course I completely understand your parents view on this and am sure he's worth much more than what's he's settling for... So I'd assume this is why they are against it

Old 05-09-2016, 03:53 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post

Unfortunately, in the lower street level prostitution, pimps are still a problem. Our laws make it difficult to go after the pimps because they are out of sight and the women are too afraid to involve/rat on the pimp during arrest. It also makes it difficult for women to seek help from authorities because they themselves are breaking the law. I consider women force under a pimp a victim... but a victim here is also a criminal in the eyes of law.
this ^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships