Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 09:12 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,345,367 times

Advertisements

This question I was just curious to ask.
For any girls/guys who are players, do they ever tend to fall in love eventually or do they keep being a player for the rest of their life?

Does it generally take a special person for them to fall in love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 09:16 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
Maybe. But more often than not they're too self-centered to truly commit. Now that I'm in my fifties, I see the product of all that. These guys had all their fun in their 20s and 30s, but they seem to turn into these weird, rootless, and lonely manchildren.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:32 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Maybe. But more often than not they're too self-centered to truly commit.
That's been my experience.

The people I've known who were players, a couple fell for someone, but then didn't know what to do with it once they had it because they couldn't shake that player mentality.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:43 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
In Hollywood they do. It's sad because such ideas keep people chasing, and hurting. Somehow the idea is: if you can make a player fall in love with you his attitude will do a 180 and he will show you love that is way more intense, and permanent, than doing things the normal way, without agony and weeping and playing games.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:57 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
For any girls/guys who are players, do they ever tend to fall in love eventually or do they keep being a player for the rest of their life?

Mate you could go out every night and meet a new girl and think " this is the life , I'll never change why on earth would I? ".....

Until the one comes that along and takes your breath away, makes you all puppy eyed and makes you as shy and tame as you were when your 16 years old........ And THAT WILL happen at one point which I'd guarantee .

Another thing that I've noticed that seems to make players settle down is when they get played themselves by someone.... It's a shock to the system and they go from thinking they are gods gift to being unsure of themselves which in turn knocks them down a peg or two... I've seen 2 players that's it's happened to

Old 05-09-2016, 10:33 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,107 times
Quote:

Most "players" have intimacy issues. If they don't get those resolved, most will never be able to have healthy, intimate long-term relationships.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:48 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
In Hollywood they do. It's sad because such ideas keep people chasing, and hurting. Somehow the idea is: if you can make a player fall in love with you his attitude will do a 180 and he will show you love that is way more intense, and permanent, than doing things the normal way, without agony and weeping and playing games.
haha yeah but it doesnt work out that way.

its funny how much we are influenced by hollywood, even if we dont think we are

Old 05-09-2016, 10:49 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:

A TRUE player would not be suspectible to one woman changing his life that much, to fall in love. TRUE players know the game; know when it is getting serious and don't commit.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:51 AM

29,505 posts, read 22,616,067 times
Yes

Old 05-09-2016, 10:54 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
How are we defining "player"? If by "player" you mean a normal, average guy who simply doesn't want anything serious until he's grown up a bit, passed the college years and so on, then yes, most can "fall in love."

I find sometimes girls think guys are "players" because they want sex and not a relationship. But I just call that...Male, Under Age 26, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships