Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 08:13 AM

888 posts, read 555,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I have a question for all of you that are on the fence. Do you all realize that the hours presented are 8PM until 10AM? When has it changed that a person in a marriage should be ok with their spouse leaving the home at 8pm for a party and returning at 10AM the next day- with liquor involved? When has the world changed?

Well, I go away without my husband, and I usually leave on a Wednesday and return on a Sunday, sometimes to Vegas, and yes, there is liquor involved. He is free to do the same. That is the nice thing about just having faith and trusting someone. We do trips together as well, and with our child, but I like my time with my friends having time to just have fun, with no kids or husbands. That doesn't mean I am up to something or I don't love my husband. What this wife is doing does sound a bit weird, but keeping in mine she got married really young, and probably missed out on some of this stuff. This is really why people should not be in such a rush to get married so young. What would bug me way more is she forbids the husband to do stuff, holy double standard and insanity. Why he actually listens is beyond me. I can't imagine telling my husband " you can't do this". It's not my place, I am not his mother, and he is an adult that I trust to make good decisions. Heck I give my child more freedom that it sounds like this wife gives her husband. While she does whatever she wants. Not cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 08:16 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
"You're leaving again for the night?"

"Yep!"

"Can I go out with my frie..."

"Nope."

"What's in the bag?"

"A new game we are all going to play tonight."

"Oh, cool! Monopoly?"

"No. Twister... Can you hand me that bottle of baby oil? I forgot to put that in my bag."

"Well, I guess I will finish folding the laundry."

"Good...I have to go. We are going to try a new yoga move called tribbing. I'm really excited!"

Old 05-11-2016, 08:18 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
The worst part to me is not the fact that she spends the nights at girlfriends place, but she won't allow him to go out with his friends. I personally would not be ok with this, and would walk away without blinking an eye.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:18 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
The worst part to me is not the fact that she spends the nights at girlfriends place, but she won't allow him to go out with his friends. I personally would not be ok with this, and would walk away without blinking an eye.
Yeah, that's the issue. Plus, it seems rather frequent to me, but that's not my business.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:23 AM

880 posts, read 1,251,550 times
None of this feels right.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:24 AM

953 posts, read 842,941 times
I do not see any reason why a married woman should not attend slumber parties.

However, I do believe the host should make her sign a document stating that she will not sue in the event of any injuries sustained from participating in the pillow fights.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:52 AM

888 posts, read 555,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post

Yes, this. Even the fact he used the word " allow"...correct me if I am wrong, but as one adult to another, how does the word allow even come up. It sounds like a parent child relationship and that type of thing makes me ill.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:07 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
No grown up goes to a slumber party every second weekend. Maybe once every few months.

Several women, all single, all hanging out SO often, - just not happening.

She is fooling around.

And since most women are very smart in such stuff, the few times she really was at a slumber party she let you come by.... and maybe even left the party right after you left and went to her lover.

I would do a drive by next time. In the middle of the night and see if her and her friends cars are there.

Being out every second weekend but not "LETTING" you do the same is nuts. Do what feels right. You dont have to sit at home, waiting for her. I would leave at 7 pm and come home at 11 am.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:37 AM

6,560 posts, read 8,391,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I have a question for all of you that are on the fence. Do you all realize that the hours presented are 8PM until 10AM? When has it changed that a person in a marriage should be ok with their spouse leaving the home at 8pm for a party and returning at 10AM the next day- with liquor involved? When has the world changed?
Roughly twice a year, my husband has a guy's night out where 10-15 college buddies bar hop and stay the night at a hotel (no way for them to safely get home). All of them are married, and most have multiple children.

Most recently, my husband attended a whiskey tasting party hosted by a friend at a lake house (guys only). They sampled different whiskys and paired it with food. It was an overnight thing because they certainly should not be driving home after the amount of whisky that was consumed.

I also have the occasional girl's night out, and I know that many of the wives of his college buddies have their occasional girl's night out as well.

Speaking for myself and my marriage, an occasional all nighter doesn't negatively affect us. I have always encouraged my husband to be safe. If he feels he has had too much to drive and there is no alternative way to get home, I would rather him stay where he is than attempt to drive home simply to appease me.

FWIW, I do not pretend to be cool or hip.

As for the OP, two things that I think are unhealthy in this relationship:
1.) The frequency of these all nightsers.
2.) The OP's use of the phrase "Let me" and the fact he requires his wife's approval to occasional hang out with his friends - most especially, when she is already out with her friends.

Last edited by HokieFan; 05-11-2016 at 09:49 AM..

Old 05-11-2016, 09:52 AM

63 posts, read 132,746 times
I've noticed a pattern to these very well written initial posts by someone new. Creative and well written. They do lure us in though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships