Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 03:44 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times

Advertisements

I don't see how your current relationship survives this. I don't think that makes you terrible. Probably makes you young and maybe a bit inexperienced with relationships. If you consider yourself to be in a committed relationship now, you might want to look up commitment and then decide if that's something you can really do. It's perfectly normal for people to be attracted to others, but being committed means you don't do any of the dozens of things you've done, the glances and the flirtations and the time alone and the.... to get to the place your in now. It means you consciously guard against sliding toward someone else.

I don't see this new guy being more than a fling, though. Strong chemistry blinds people to issues that relate to longer term compatibility. Then there's the ruining of his friendship with your current soon to be ex, which will always be there in your head when you're doing new guy. And in new guys head.

Your best bet is to start over with a different guy altogether. Gives you a chance to do gf the right way, and hot guy a chance to do friendship the right way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 03:53 PM

12 posts, read 12,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
THIS! That's SOME FRIEND! Your boyfriend should kick him to the curb immediately! I would also advise you split up with your boyfriend as he's obviously not the one for you if you are so obsessed about another guy. You aren't married and have no kids so do what you have to do here.

Additionally, the new guy you are obsessing about is not of high-quality character if he's hitting on his friend's girlfriend. He might be good for some casual sex but I wouldn't entertain thoughts of him being good BF material either.
I know I should break up with my boyfriend, I just am gonna feel like crap breaking his heart to sleep with his best friend. Its just gotten to the point where I want him so bad. I've been fighting it for a month, thinking should i or shouldn't I just sleep with him to see if it stops me thinking about him, or if it just makes me realize I just want his friend more. I like both but its not fair to him. I am aware its probably just casual, but im just gonna get with him and see where it goes I think. It's not like we are married and have kids.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:08 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drara518 View Post
I know I should break up with my boyfriend, I just am gonna feel like crap breaking his heart to sleep with his best friend. Its just gotten to the point where I want him so bad. I've been fighting it for a month, thinking should i or shouldn't I just sleep with him to see if it stops me thinking about him, or if it just makes me realize I just want his friend more. I like both but its not fair to him. I am aware its probably just casual, but im just gonna get with him and see where it goes I think. It's not like we are married and have kids.
Just go for it. You're young. This is the time you should be experiencing as much as you can. I made the mistake of being in a relationship in my early 20's. I never should have. Go out there and have fun. Don't be tied down so soon, especially at this age. Life is too short for that and your youth is even shorter.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:10 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drara518 View Post
It would hurt him just as much knowing you think of other men while sleeping with him.
Take it as a learning experience, you're young and still figuring a lot of dynamics out.

In 5 years time you will look back and laugh at yourself

Old 05-13-2016, 04:12 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
I've slept with Jason Mamoa a few times... Daniel Craig too.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It would hurt him just as much knowing you think of other men while sleeping with him.
Exactly.

Just keep it legit and break up with him before you do it.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I've slept with Jason Mamoa a few times... Daniel Craig too.
The difference is you don't know them from the next good looking guy who tickles you the right way in your unmentionable.

The OP is in direct contact and has shared flirtations.
That's beyond a simple daydream or fantasy. That's a spefic and defined relation.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:21 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
The difference is you don't know them from the next good looking guy who tickles you the right way in your unmentionable.

The OP is in direct contact and has shared flirtations.
That's beyond a simple daydream or fantasy. That's a spefic and defined relation.
As long as she doesn't act on it... Same same.
It's neither specific or defined if it's all in her head and stays there.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
The head dictates the heart.
Actions are only one part of the equation.

Would you like to be with someone who likes you but never thinks of you when they lay down with you?
Would you like to be committed to someone who has to have the thoughts of others just to feel engaged or engage in their sexuality with you?

There would be no reason for the realtionship to exist if your mind was always elsewhere with others.

The "it's not poop if I tell myself it's a brownie" ideology doesn't work here.

Last edited by rego00123; 05-13-2016 at 04:36 PM..

Old 05-13-2016, 04:29 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:

I agree with you, but wouldn't you be more squicky if someone real and accessible was your lovers...whatever this guy is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships