Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 03:05 PM

458 posts, read 327,158 times

Advertisements

I married a passive man. He did not do much chasing at all. He said he preffered to be chased. In my opinion, I think men are bred/born to chase whether they are laid back or more assertive, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 03:06 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,182,237 times
Men have individual personalities and preferences. Shocking.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:09 PM

264 posts, read 182,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
I married a passive man. He did not do much chasing at all. He said he preffered to be chased. In my opinion, I think men are bred/born to chase whether they are laid back or more assertive, right?
And what is your plan if everyone agrees with you? Are you going to show the guy this thread as proof that he should be more assertive? Somehow I don't think that's going to get the result you're looking for.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:13 PM

102,059 posts, read 106,854,652 times
It's normal for people to go after what they want. Even women who say they expect the man to do the pursuing will sidle up to someone who catches their eye, and will start flirting.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:14 PM

8,916 posts, read 7,661,487 times
Men are individuals just like women.

We are all human and all have our own personalities.

If they want to pursue they will, if not, they won't. Nothing wrong with either option. Go with the one that suits you the most.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:18 PM

221 posts, read 182,842 times
Men have been the pursuers for millennia. Men who didn't pursue were (and I would argue still are) typically biological dead ends.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:21 PM

102,059 posts, read 106,854,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Pieces of Flair View Post
Men have been the pursuers for millennia. Men who didn't pursue were (and I would argue still are) typically biological dead ends.
Some of the guys who don't pursue find themselves pursued by women who like shy guys, or who like them for other qualities. Not pursuing doesn't necessarily lead to a biological dead end. One bonus for women who go after those guys is that they'll never have to worry about the guy cheating on them, since he doesn't pursue.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:22 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,430,794 times
Wow, this topic has been discussed to death. Truth be told, I think many guys (not all certainly) would prefer if the women took more of an initiative and let it be known they were interested. I've always taken the initiative because otherwise nothing would have happened. As far as chasing, as I said in another thread I did that once and would never again. In my experience, mature women don't play games. The ones who do have not advanced beyond the high school years. The fact is, men, like women are different. To say that ALL men were bred to do this or that is a gross exaggeration.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooncesTheDrivingCat View Post
And what is your plan if everyone agrees with you? Are you going to show the guy this thread as proof that he should be more assertive? Somehow I don't think that's going to get the result you're looking for.
Hahahahaha! Of course not. This is for my own personal information. He is who he is. I just asked a question.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Wow, this topic has been discussed to death. Truth be told, I think many guys (not all certainly) would prefer if the women took more of an initiative and let it be known they were interested. I've always taken the initiative because otherwise nothing would have happened. As far as chasing, as I said in another thread I did that once and would never again. In my experience, mature women don't play games. The ones who do have not advanced beyond the high school years. The fact is, men, like women are different. To say that ALL men were bred to do this or that is a gross exaggeration.
Well dear, if you were annoyed by the topic, why didn't you keep scrolling? Oh...wait, your two cents. Ok.

I think women are built to respond, not pursue. Mature women don't play games, but that doesn't mean they don't like to be pursued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships