Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 07:39 PM

739 posts, read 2,184,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missannie View Post
I'm sure it is increasing. People don't have their heads up their asses as much.
I think it is great, who really cares about "saving ones heritage"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 PM

754 posts, read 1,448,621 times
Date who you like, if you're that worried about what other people think then you're not mature enough to handle an interracial relationship. There's someone for everyone but no one ever said that person had to belong to the same race/culture. If the only reason not to date a person is their race, then YOU are the one missing out on a potentially great relationship. However, as someone who has dated interracially, I can tell you it's not for the weak. Depending on where you live, you can face some challenges however here in LA not as much. Other places in the country, definitely.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:00 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,867,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyinLa View Post
Date who you like, if you're that worried about what other people think then you're not mature enough to handle an interracial relationship. There's someone for everyone but no one ever said that person had to belong to the same race/culture. If the only reason not to date a person is their race, then YOU are the one missing out on a potentially great relationship. However, as someone who has dated interracially, I can tell you it's not for the weak. Depending on where you live, you can face some challenges however here in LA not as much. Other places in the country, definitely.
Well, it's a good think I live close to LA. I think I'll be alright.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:22 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,948,697 times
I've usually only dated White girls. I'm Mexican, dating a white women earns me big respect from my buddies

Old 02-23-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I've usually only dated White girls. I'm Mexican, dating a white women earns me big respect from my buddies
Are you from LA? If so, how often do you see bm/ww relationships?

Old 02-23-2008, 08:24 AM

199 posts, read 902,161 times
My best friend lives in Orlando and black male/white female couples are VERY prevalent. To the point where a black woman may feel discouraged. Personally, I don't have a problem with it because I support diversity, however, for those who say they only wish to date someone of another race, I question whether they have some self-hate issues.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:43 AM

754 posts, read 1,448,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmaoy View Post
My best friend lives in Orlando and black male/white female couples are VERY prevalent. To the point where a black woman may feel discouraged. Personally, I don't have a problem with it because I support diversity, however, for those who say they only wish to date someone of another race, I question whether they have some self-hate issues.
I totally agree with you. I've dated out of my race because I liked the other person, but when I meet someone and they won't date someone of their own race that signals that the person may have some kind of inferiority complex. However, this argument only applies to minorities. I've heard some of my white friends say that they love the contrast in skin color but to me that's cosmetic. It's not fair to say that any minority that dates outside their race has this issue, but the ones who will not date their own race usually do. Admittedly or not. What's worse, is when they feel the need to put down their own race to justify their preference.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Are you from LA? If so, how often do you see bm/ww relationships?
I'm from the Bay Area. But then again-- the city I live in is 70% white.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm from the Bay Area. But then again-- the city I live in is 70% white.
I hate hearing stereotypes about the white women black men would go out with are obese. Very annoying stereotype.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I hate hearing stereotypes about the white women black men would go out with are obese. Very annoying stereotype.
I've never heard of this.. but I have neighbors who are WW/BM couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships