Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 06:20 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
As I sit here on a Saturday bumming around the house and experiencing just a tad bit of "I wish I had someone to spend some time with"...

...at the same time I recognize I don't get out enough. (Disclaimer: Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be at home lounging around today.) Granted, I commute like 4.5 hours 4 days a week for work and am often drained once the weekend comes. On top of that, being a homebody in a city that has like 12 weeks of decent weather tends to make me one of those people that simply does.not.get.out.much.

With that said, my other random thought for the day was....where is everybody over the age of say 30 meeting people nowadays?

How did you meet your spouse or significant other?
We .met at a company party the mine both our now exes worked at put on. We hit it off straight away, but were just told friends for 20 years, until we both ends up divorced and our lives, which seemed to always lead us back into each other, e died up in a full afterburn collision five years ago. It seemed meant go be, so...we are gonna run with it. Co.e what may, and much has come and gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 08:29 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
I met my late hubby at work at a time when he helped me on a project. Apparently, he had seen me about 6 months earlier and had asked around trying to find out if I was single. He told me when he helped me, I made it clear to him I was single (which I totally do NOT remember) and he asked me out a couple of days later. Our first date was a NYE party on 12/31/99 - we had just over 8 years together before he unexpectedly died.

Now he's been gone for a little longer than we were together and it's looking more and more that he was my one and only shot at love. The closest thing I've had to a relationship since he died is my best friend and we met in the back of a dumpster.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:30 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
Jr Year Highschool history Class through mutual friends

Old 05-16-2016, 01:43 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Technically I can remember her as far back as when I was in 8th grade and she was in 6th, as we went to the same middle school. But we never really talked. I actually talked to her sister who was in my grade, back in 7th grade. Nothing ever happened between her sister and I, further than talking on the phone and hanging out in a group of people. And me having a crush on her for years. I think she liked me too back in 7th grade, but I turned her off by being obsessive and calling too many times haha.

So fast forward to 2014 and I go up to Jersey to visit my family for a week. I make plans with my current fiance's sister to meet up for lunch. She was dating someone long term, so I need this wasn't to be an actual date. After lunch we went by her parents house and her sister (my current fiancé) happened to be there. We instantly had a connection and both found it hard to take our eyes off of each other. So the other sister invited me to some party later that night and I went with her. She ditched me after about 5-10 minutes and I barely knew anyone else there. Talked to a few people I hadn't seen in 10-15 years. Then my now fiancé happened to be there too and we hung out for a little, then just left and went for a walk together. We went to a park and talked for hours there. Then we spent the entire week together. Before that week was over, we were already making plans for her to move down here with me. But she didn't come for another two months. Neither of us had ever moved this fast, but had felt so strongly about each other.

Then a couple days before Christmas of last year, I asked her to marry me. I was really nervous and paranoid she'd say no haha. She said yes and that's pretty much it.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:08 PM

52,257 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I once met a girl at a pickled egg and beer eating and drinking competition. Who could eat the most pickled eggs and drink the most beer in 15 mins.

15 beers and 28 pickled eggs this girl wolfed down. Good thing I didn't go home with her that night.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:49 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
My friend met my husband on an airplane. She called me that afternoon and told me she met my future husband. I had zero interest in meeting this guy.

She pestered me all summer long and into the fall about meeting him. She had his business card and thought we should meet for lunch or something. She met him again at the grocery store in the check out line. She invited him out to the river for a boat ride and persuaded me to come along.

He called me the next week. We started dating and got married at my friend's house just a little over a year later. We all still enjoy boating together.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:52 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,813,341 times
An online forum.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:39 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,083,811 times
I met my ex 16+ years ago on Yahoo, and after 12 years of marriage and a recent divorce we're still friends. Still looking for someone new, but not that much online yet.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:11 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,352,256 times
I met my wife while in the U.S. Air Force. She was in a very small town and the AF base where I was stationed was located near a larger town. After realizing the people in the town by the base disliked airmen, I decided to start spending much of my weekends in the smaller nearby towns. I met my future wife while having a hamburger and a Coke at the local drive-in restaurant in a very small west Texas town. That evening, my future wife just happened to be at the drive-in eating with her older teenage sister.

That was 48 years ago. At the end of this year, we will have been very happily married for 45 years.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:53 PM

881 posts, read 2,253,636 times
We met on Match. I'm 34 and he is 4 years older. I had done OLD on and off a few years. This go round I redid the profile & pictures. I actually wrote him first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships