Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 09:55 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times

Advertisements

What a bizarre topic to bring up with a random person you encounter at Starbucks. Not exactly among my own arsenal of pleasantries, 'Hi, nice weather we're having...great coffee, really hits the spot...so, do you plan to eventually sire some children?' Unless this was a coffee date. Was this a date?

If so, what an obnoxious question on a first meet. If this was a meetup with a woman from a dating website, I would make my family planning goals evident in my profile to remove any mystery in that area. At least most women actually read what men write in their profiles. My own experience tells me that many men didn't read my profile before firing off a reply, back when I was doing OLD. Best to filter out people who are incompatible before you agree to meet in person.

For what it's worth, I've plenty of female friends who chose not to have children. It's not that uncommon, actually. They are out there, good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 10:10 PM

214 posts, read 176,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
So this weekend i met this lady a starbucks coffee shop and she asked me if I want kids ever and i said no while I think kids are cute i do not want to raise a kid
My only intention was that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with a beautiful woman by my side
So she didnt took it quite well

But it was also the same thing with another woman on OKC i spoke to recently
Im in my mid 20's and it seems most woman expect a child at some point but i don't
I only want someone to be my partner

Would a woman ever want to stay with me if i don't want kids?
It's tough to find a woman who truly does not want children. If you are looking to at least fool around, just try to avoid the subject or give vague answers. It's ridiculous how many people want children, but those of us who don't still deserve to have fun too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships