Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 10:54 AM

741 posts, read 478,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
but you said they all are bad.........
I personally prefer to not take BC but in that relationship, he had a child already that he was barely able to afford and he wouldn't do anything with me unless I was on it so I got on it.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:57 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
I personally prefer to not take BC but in that relationship, he had a child already that he was barely able to afford and he wouldn't do anything with me unless I was on it so I got on it.
Then you're not averse to taking birth control if there's a good reason to take it.

For you, there are good reasons to take it.

A few:

1. You're not married to the guy.
2. He has not agreed with you that the two of you will try for a child. No, he hasn't even agreed that "if it happens, it happens." Do this test. Ask him if he agrees that if pregnancy happens, it happens. My guess is he leaves smoke where his footprints were two seconds earlier.
3. You don't know what diseases he's carrying.
4. You have no way of knowing he's exclusive with you. None. Indeed, in the prospective example you give - the pot-dealing driver - you can pretty much assume you two AREN'T exclusive. You went on a three-way date, for heaven's sake.
5. You are in no way ready for a baby.
6. Birth control is cheap and uncomplicated. In some locales and clinics, it's free, actually.
7. You are showing self-respect by demanding that your person, and your future, be protected.

So use the birth control.

But that's if you decide that even though emotionally you're obviously far from ready, you do sleep with someone anyway. I really feel you should get a ton more therapy first to straighten things out. However, I myself am not a therapist. So ask yours.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:10 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
Quote:
I'm not crazy about sex.. I admit I haven't done it in a while because I would ideally like to be in a relationship but in all honesty I usually only have sex because the guy wants to. I think i am interested now because I have a new friend who literally sleeps with everyone all the time and I am like "gosh I want to do that!"
Sorry...I should have said, based on this last sentence, "adventurous".

Old 05-17-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post

OP:

Why on earth would you want to do that?

Where is your self respect?

Good grief

Thank goodness I was never like this.

So going by this reply of yours...

If someone told you to jump off a bridge or do something that could potentially harm you physically or emotionally, would you do that?
Answer: Because maybe it will be fun. Ever think of that?

Old 05-17-2016, 12:15 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Answer: Because maybe it will be fun. Ever think of that?
Really?????

Seriously?????

Last edited by snugglegirl05; 05-17-2016 at 12:31 PM..

Old 05-17-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Really?????

Seriously?????
Touché. But seriously, for some women fun trumps self-respect, and i am not being judgmental.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:54 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
I think all birth control messes up your body and can make you infertile and I don't want that. I will just use condoms an let the guy decide
Have you ever learned about STDs? Many of them can make you infertile too. Sex with a random guy with no protection is just asking to get some nasty STD.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
I'm not crazy about sex.. I admit I haven't done it in a while because I would ideally like to be in a relationship but in all honesty I usually only have sex because the guy wants to. I think i am interested now because I have a new friend who literally sleeps with everyone all the time and I am like "gosh I want to do that!"
So, you want a baby and a husband because all of your friends are getting married and having kids, you want to hook up with everyone all the time because another friend does, would you jump off of a bridge if all your friends were?

Try figuring out what it is that YOU really want, because you seem to be only following what others are doing.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:20 PM

741 posts, read 478,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Have you ever learned about STDs? Many of them can make you infertile too. Sex with a random guy with no protection is just asking to get some nasty STD.
I know. I'm not slutty, it's not like I am having sex all the time with everyone.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
I know. I'm not slutty, it's not like I am having sex all the time with everyone.
You don't have to have sex all the time and with everyone to get an STD which, yes, depending upon the specific STD, could impact your fertility.

Unwrapped sex with just ONE guy who deals pot and gives girls free rides in exchange for 3-way dates and a hope for a li'l in the near future (but who would make a REALLY cute dad!) could do the trick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships