Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 12:15 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,940,305 times

Advertisements

Um, ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 12:28 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Um, ok.
I might be wrong, but aren't you more into non-serious casual relationships/hooking up?

That might be why we have a difference of opinion, lol.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I might be wrong, but aren't you more into non-serious casual relationships/hooking up?
No, I'm not. I date to find a committed, monogamous relationship.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:36 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Quote:
Haha, I know. The only thing is her schedule has kind of made it that way since she has to take the train at a certain time. Unfortunately, she doesn't live in the city. She's in Union City in Jersey (which is like 10 mins away from the city).

What I may have to do is either plan early day dates if possible, or bring my car into the city and then drop her off without her having to be in a rush to catch the train.
I think, that road trip you mentioned earlier is a good idea (but just you and her). Plan it for an entire day; eat out in restaurants, visit places, etc yadda yadda. If not a road trip, an entire day together doing something.

Be bolder this time. Bust some moves, Homie!

Its the third date; something should be happening by now, LOl.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:32 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times
Quote:
Two dates and you haven't made out?
That's not unusual.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Its the third date; something should be happening by now, LOl.

Seriously. Its a pretty solid rule I've found, that if the woman isn't wanting to make out or more by the second date, that its likely going no where (I don't think I've had a good relationship where making out or more didn't happen first date). Sure, I've gone out more with just making out past date 3, 4, even 5 once or twice, but of course nothing happened. If the chemistry and attraction was there, you want to get physical. If its not, no reason to keep going out, unless you're wanting a platonic friend.

I suppose it good be different with religious / pious / non sensual types, but I wouldn't want to date those people and I wouldn't be attracted in the first place.

But good luck, duder. Seems you really like this lady. That's good.

Old 05-27-2016, 02:47 PM

290 posts, read 214,287 times
^ At the same time though...some women don't like to kiss right away in the first couple of dates at least. doesn't always mean a lack of interest in the person...but just want to wait a bit to make sure the person is interested in them.

everyones different...but the fact that she agreed to a 3rd date with him is a pretty good sign id say.

Last edited by 2kCity33; 05-27-2016 at 02:56 PM..

Old 05-27-2016, 03:18 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Quote:
Seriously. Its a pretty solid rule I've found, that if the woman isn't wanting to make out or more by the second date, that its likely going no where (I don't think I've had a good relationship where making out or more didn't happen first date). Sure, I've gone out more with just making out past date 3, 4, even 5 once or twice, but of course nothing happened. If the chemistry and attraction was there, you want to get physical. If its not, no reason to keep going out, unless you're wanting a platonic friend.

I suppose it good be different with religious / pious / non sensual types, but I wouldn't want to date those people and I wouldn't be attracted in the first place.

But good luck, duder. Seems you really like this lady. That's good.
The OP is new to dating. He's unsure and nervous. He'll get there. Hopefully.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:13 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,716,751 times
Quote:
Two dates and you haven't made out?
I don't know anyone who makes out on the second date.

OP, do what you want and go about it in a way that YOU feel comfortable. Don't worry about that third date nonsense.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:43 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,136 times
Quote:
Even if I wanted to, there wasn't an opportunity to really make out. Like I said, I did bump up the escalation on the 2nd date, though.

And besides, I'm taking it slow with her (and it seems she wants to as well). For all intents and purposes, we're still in the get to know you stage.
Do what's comfortable for you OP. Some women like taking things a bit slower & appreciate a guy who gets this. You haven't spent that much time together, so try and arrange longer dates. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships