Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 11:41 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,202 times

Advertisements

So I've been talking with this cute Filipino girl on Tinder for a few days, and we had decided to meet up today. I was skeptical and kind of figured she'd either end up cancelling or flaking like what usually seems to happen in my case. Early this morning, I had asked her to exchange numbers so it'd be easier to text and call if she got lost finding the place, and she said sure. We were flirting a bit via text prior to the meetup, and I realized that this is actually going to happen, lol. I'll admit, I was a bit nervous since I've never met someone off a dating app/website before.

I planned a meet at one of the better bars in NYC that had great steak tacos and drinks. She showed up and we hugged briefly before we went inside. We ended up staying for about 2 hours. Conversation started off a bit awkward and slow as expected, but soon picked up as time went on. I made her laugh numerous times and the conversation generally flowed well with few pauses (mostly when we were getting a bite from our food). I noticed she had her arms crossed quite a few times, which made sense. I did break the touch barrier by challenging her to a game of double thumb war during the middle and ending part of our date (thumb war with 2 hands..lol). She loved that a lot and was getting competitive in trying to beat me.

She said she had a very good time and that I was amazing. I said "I try" and made her laugh once more for the night. As we were leaving, I noticed she had her hands in her coat pockets. Again, probably signaling that she doesn't want to hold hands or anything like that, which makes sense. She also stated that she isn't looking for hookups or casual sex during the date after I said the same thing. Also seems as if she is conservative sexually wise.

We took public transportation for a bit as we were going the same way. Unfortunately, the trains we planned to take arrived almost immediately as we were headed for them, and saw there was no proper goodbye as we both kind of rushed into our trains.

I immediately texted her to let me know when she got home safely, so I wouldn't have to be up all night worrying about her in a playful way, and also said that she was awesome and hoped to see her again.

She replied saying she's waiting for the bus right now but that she'd let me know when she got home, and thanked me for my concern and that I was great and also had a good time.

Then texted after like 40 minutes saying she got home and also apologized for being in such a rush at the end. Then we said goodnight to each other.

Overall, everything went very well except for her not wanting to be touched, which makes sense for a first date, and even moreso a first date from Tinder.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 05-18-2016 at 12:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 12:13 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,136 times
It sounds like it went well. Don't worry about the not wanting to be touched. She might need to know you a bit more to get comfortable. If someone started touching me on a first date, I'ld conclude they just wanted sex. Good on you for respecting her boundaries!

Old 05-18-2016, 12:23 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Great! Set up a sec date ASAP.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:29 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Great! Set up a sec date ASAP.
^^^This
and definitely let her lead when it comes to the touching.
Congratulations on a great first date, we wish you many more dates to follow.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:44 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
^^^This
and definitely let her lead when it comes to the touching.
Congratulations on a great first date, we wish you many more dates to follow.
Me and her had playfully joked about going on our 2nd date before we even finished our 1st one

In fact, within like the first 5-10 minutes, we had to move tables since were we sat contained tables for trivia night the bar had. Told her we should do trivia, but mentioned that she couldn't, but that maybe next time we could.

And we talked about possibility planning a 2nd date this weekend (maybe Friday). She told me she'd let me know depending on her schedule.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 05-18-2016 at 12:55 AM..

Old 05-18-2016, 01:21 AM

914 posts, read 737,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post

And we talked about possibility planning a 2nd date this weekend (maybe Friday). She told me she'd let me know depending on her schedule.
Sounds like it went well I would ask again about the 2nd date as she might not want to take the initiative. Maybe send her a few suggestions?

Old 05-18-2016, 06:24 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Me and her had playfully joked about going on our 2nd date before we even finished our 1st one

In fact, within like the first 5-10 minutes, we had to move tables since were we sat contained tables for trivia night the bar had. Told her we should do trivia, but mentioned that she couldn't, but that maybe next time we could.

I think it is wonderful and refreshing that someone is getting out into the real world and having a good time with a date.
Not that it is any of our business but let us know how the second date goes.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:43 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,410 times
Congrats to the good date! It is nice to hear someone's having success. I've never tried Tinder.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:19 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times
Great job! But don't wait for her to "let you know" when she is available. Ask her out for a specific night and location. She can always negotiate the schedule from there.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:22 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:
Overall, everything went very well except for her not wanting to be touched, which makes sense for a first date, and even moreso a first date from Tinder.
I've found the exact opposite, for better or worse. It is still seen as a hook up site, at least for the 30-40 somethings i've met. But I'm glad you had fun!

Last edited by timberline742; 05-18-2016 at 07:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships