Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 09:21 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,925 times

Advertisements

I'm just chiming in to say that I'm nearly 59 and I haven't heard or seen the words "women's lib" for over 40 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 09:26 AM

161 posts, read 105,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
So a man is a dumb idiot because a wife decides he should pay for all expenses on HER car? It's her car and her responsibility. That shouldn't require a conversation.

This is assuming the man has his own car that he will naturally pay the expenses for.
Yes, they both have their own crs. He fixes both but when there's an issue that he can't fix and it needs to go to the shop she expects him to pay for her repairs. He doesn't ask her to pay for his. It's her car. She went to the dealership and picked it out. She made the monthly payments on it but when it needs work she loos to the guy like he's just suppose to open his wallet and pay for it. No, not every couple has a shared bank account. I know a number of couples who kept separate accts after they got married. They have a combined one for household bills but they do not look at each one's cars as a joint venture. Her name is on her title and his is on his title. Just because for years it's always been understood that once you get married you combine everything into one account is not the case anymore. As we all know things change. Guys and girls can now decide which bathroom they want to use depending on which sex they identify that day. Ladies, don't be surprised if you walk out of the stall and there's a guy washing his hands at the sink. Why? Because we live in a society that wants to make everything fair and across board for everyone.

What do you do when your daughter comes home complaining that they are letting the football team use their locker rooms and showers because they don't want to offend any particular group? Sorry for the sidetrack.

No, what works in your marriage may not work for everyone else's marriage. Separate accounts works for them. He said that because she has a shopping bug and he refuses to put his entire paycheck into one acct for her to go spend it at the mall.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Maybe you should stop going out as the third wheel with this couple (which does annoy them, even if they say it doesn't) and go to dinner with your own wife? I'm sure your wife is nothing like your friend's, you had the sense to partner with a woman who knows her place and doesn't get all uppity like other 'women's'. Right?
This is not a third wheel situation. I go with a date. A couple's night out.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wait. But you said that before they were married she paid for the costs of repairs, and he volunteered his labor. How does this translate into getting other guys to "pay for her stuff"?

You are really twisting things to fit your agenda aren't you?
Please re-read the OP. I said that before they got married and needed her car fixed she would ask him to do it but all he said was if you buy the part he'd gladly put it on. Now that they're married she just expects him to pay for all repairs, those he can do and those he can't which require a trip to the repair shop. She drives the car but passes it of to him once it needs fixing.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:36 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwebster View Post
Yes, they both have their own crs. He fixes both but when there's an issue that he can't fix and it needs to go to the shop she expects him to pay for her repairs. He doesn't ask her to pay for his. It's her car. She went to the dealership and picked it out. She made the monthly payments on it but when it needs work she loos to the guy like he's just suppose to open his wallet and pay for it. No, not every couple has a shared bank account. I know a number of couples who kept separate accts after they got married. They have a combined one for household bills but they do not look at each one's cars as a joint venture. Her name is on her title and his is on his title. Just because for years it's always been understood that once you get married you combine everything into one account is not the case anymore. As we all know things change.
If only there were some method whereby he could convey to her that he feels her expectations that he will pay for her car repairs is unfair. Wait, I know! He could tell her.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:44 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Please re-read the OP. I said that before they got married and needed her car fixed she would ask him to do it but all he said was if you buy the part he'd gladly put it on. Now that they're married she just expects him to pay for all repairs, those he can do and those he can't which require a trip to the repair shop. She drives the car but passes it of to him once it needs fixing.
Who really cares? This isn't your relationship so why are you so invested?

Old 05-20-2016, 09:51 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Who really cares? This isn't your relationship so why are you so invested?
Cant decide on something and have a thought by himself perhaps?

Old 05-20-2016, 09:55 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,894 times
Yes, I use "women's lib" when it suits me. I can vote now, dammit! *runs outside to burn bra* Gloria Steinem! Gloria Steinem! Whoo hooo!

Old 05-20-2016, 11:51 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Your buddy wasn't forced to fix her car.

Personally, your buddy is an idiot.

Right, but that's not HIS fault. It's the women!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-20-2016, 11:52 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:

Perhaps you should remove yourself from worrying about the details of their marriage.

Worry about your own life.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships