Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2016, 02:25 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Yeah, I heard that IT geeks are strange. They know how to talk to gadgets, and are afraid of people...
Knowing that there are people out there judging them for being "weird" doesn't help matters.

People talk about poor social skills and low self esteem as if these are traits a person has chosen to have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 02:33 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
There needs to be a commensurate term for the guys who do this, something besides... "you don't know who your father is."
In your case at least she's not humiliated you in public...... ( I know it's not right mate but could have been worse )

But that brings me to ^^^^ question and the answer is yep you guessed public humiliation..

Years ago I had one do this to me ....... I was only 17 and was drinking with older people say late teens - mid 20s and was still " learning my trade ".... And I had this girl about 23 if memory serves anyway she loved the attention and would do the same as you mentioned earlier, but she was much darker and did it on purpose just to look cool or like lots of blokes were chasing her....

And after exchanges between us I tried my luck and in short she made me look an idiot , so after a few weeks I got my revenge back on her...

She's waltzed in this pub and whilst I was at the bar she creeped up to me saying hello and the usual patter and I kept it going for a minute or so all platonic and when a few people were around I shouted " LOOK!! I'm not interested stop bugging me! " ....... And made her look a COMPLETE idiot!....... Infact the whole pub erupted in laughter and she stormed out.

She really was quite stunning to look at and had men around her little finger but she realised what she was like in being over flirty, sending the wrong messages and knew exactly how all the poor men felt after what I did to her..

And she gradually changed.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:39 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
I know this isn't popular but I feel men should approach women not the other way around. I have been hit on and I found it unappealing and lost interest in seconds. This is how I feel. I don't want to be pursued by any woman tbh.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:42 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I know this isn't popular but I feel men should approach women not the other way around. I have been hit on and I found it unappealing and lost interest in seconds. This is how I feel. I don't want to be pursued by any woman tbh.
Are you sure you want to make your personal preference into a generalization like that?

Just wondering...

Old 07-01-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Are you sure you want to make your personal preference into a generalization like that?

Just wondering...
Did I come off as rude? Wasn't my intention.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
You wasn't rude as such mate it's just it's a very broad statement to make so will naturally grab people's attention ( IMO )

Incidentally....... If you don't mind me asking mate...... Venus? ... Your location is that a town in the US or jokingly the planet?

I ask because I'm sure you've heard the saying " men are from Mars and women are from Venus " ? ..... And you say ^^^^ LMAO

Cheers

Old 07-01-2016, 03:00 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
No, not rude at all.

I was just commenting on the "should" statement. The old "what works for you might not work for someone else" thing. That's all.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
You wasn't rude as such mate it's just it's a very broad statement to make so will naturally grab people's attention ( IMO )

Incidentally....... If you don't mind me asking mate...... Venus? ... Your location is that a town in the US or jokingly the planet?

I ask because I'm sure you've heard the saying " men are from Mars and women are from Venus " ? ..... And you say ^^^^ LMAO

Cheers
It is a joke. Lmao I should put Mars because women are from Venus

Old 07-01-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
It is a joke. Lmao I should put Mars because women are from Venus
Had me worried there brah!

Old 07-01-2016, 08:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Normal people can also figure out that those same so called signs of interest usually aren't signs of anything. Merely illusions of the mind.
Maybe, maybe not.
Quote:
Normal people also know those are probably not signs and they're just in your head. I don't approach any woman if it doesn't feel welcome. All the "signs" in the world won't change that.
Your woman never gave you any indication that she liked you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Back in college when I was a kid, there was a girl in the dorms who was constantly flirting with me, enough so that it wasn't in my imagination. A few friends pointed it out, too.

One evening I was in her dorm room and thought I was sensing one of those electrical moments. As I leaned in she said "Don't."

"Why not?" I asked, pausing but not withdrawing, figuring it was mere hesitation on her part.

But she put her hand against my chest and pushed me back -- gently, but less gently than I might have expected. "Because I don't really find you attractive," she told me.

I was shocked, genuinely confused. "You flirt with me all the time," I said. "That's not just my imagination."

"That's just playing around. I didn't really mean it." That's exactly what she said to me.

Normal, schmormal. People are all irregular verbs and life is a gamble. You go for it, or you don't. You win, you lose, you lose out, maybe you get slapped down. Total crapshoot.
She was very rude and immature. I agree life is a gamble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships