Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 11:23 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have had women tell me women don't care about looks which I know is bullcrap. Not saying women give bad advice on dating but every woman is different. Like you said, I automatically don't trust it because it made me fail in the past.
Women DO care about looks of course...and is about what is appealing to THEM, not some formula that some believe to be the answer for all. Again, it is the dual aspect of outside combined with inner qualities that can draw a woman. I met and dated very nice looking men.. just not super tall, super muscular, model-perfect men, but with nice features, a pleasant voice and a manner that was appealing.

It seems there is a lack of listening with some or that based upon one's own experience, he doesn't buy that women are not all going for only certain attributes. What you guys have got to understand is...there will always be more to it than this, anyway. People can have good dates, good interactions and compatibilities besides physically, yet there can still be issues and differences no matter what. Nothing is automatically perfect for anyone. Even in the best of relationships and situations, there is work involved by both - yet some are not even getting past the meeting phase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Apparently you did not read what I have been posting. Please go back and read what I have been writing about other attributes being important also.

MOST women will go for taller than them over shorter than them. MOST women will go for hair vs. bald. MOST women will go for lean over fat.

But thanks for the answer that you don't prefer a guy is taller than you vs a guy who is shorter than you by several inches, has hair vs balding, and is lean vs. fat.

You would be the exception though.
And similarly, you are not reading what I have said. I stated having been attracted to men close to my height (being 5' 4", I stated a couple having been 5' 3", not several inches shorter); liking dark hair, but could be gray or bald at this stage - and never said I was drawn to heavy guys, just that they never needed to be muscular.

If grown men are seeking young girls, well then, a female that age is likely seeking someone closer to her age and not an older man (just as I never had done), so maybe your criteria reference about "MOST" women is of a young age (and may be what is marketed to young women these days).

* Just so you know, I do not always read through an entire thread if lengthy, prior to responding to something and may not see all posts in order until later - returning now to read subsequent posts.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:16 AM

273 posts, read 209,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Yep, I guess I feel more bitter about it now because I was supposed to have a date I scheduled with a girl I met on Tinder but she flaked on me
Think I found your issue.

I'm on Tinder too, but it's more just a whatever/fun type thing.

One of the things that I've learned over the years is not to get emotionally invested in a woman until she gives you a reason to AND shows you some interest back.

And, quite frankly, I've had WAY more success (on an approach-by-approach basis) with approaching women randomly throughout the day than I've had on sites like Tinder.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:31 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Ooooh!!!! I hate that. I don't do online dating or hook ups anyway. That sucks.
This could easily happen if you meet a girl in real life as well. It's not just exclusive to online dating.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:34 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarney View Post

One of the things that I've learned over the years is not to get emotionally invested in a woman until she gives you a reason to AND shows you some interest back.

And, quite frankly, I've had WAY more success (on an approach-by-approach basis) with approaching women randomly throughout the day than I've had on sites like Tinder.
I'm guessing you've always had a hunter mentality

Old 07-14-2016, 12:34 AM

Quote:

For me, it's been the opposite. I've had a little more success on sites like Tinder and what not as oppose to real life approaching.

I'm not sure why, but that's been my experience.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
OK. Ladies. How many of you prefer the first guy vs. the second guy?

Ugh..neither appeals to me. If we are talking about one's taste or preference, this would be mine:

Last edited by In2itive_1; 05-18-2017 at 06:39 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 12:55 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
This could easily happen if you meet a girl in real life as well. It's not just exclusive to online dating.
I know, I know. I just hate that.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:57 AM

273 posts, read 209,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
For me, it's been the opposite. I've had a little more success on sites like Tinder and what not as oppose to real life approaching.

I'm not sure why, but that's been my experience.
Interesting.

I guess it might just be presentation. I definitely have not figured out how to present myself well online, but I work in a service industry IRL and I'm pretty good at in-person sales. So that might be why.

But I've done well IRL even before I learned those things.

So who knows.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Interesting.

I guess it might just be presentation. I definitely have not figured out how to present myself well online, but I work in a service industry IRL and I'm pretty good at in-person sales. So that might be why.

But I've done well IRL even before I learned those things.

So who knows.
If you've done sales before, and work in a service industry, then that's most likely the reason.

I've always been reserved and introverted. Recent years, I've definitely become more of an ambivert (mixture of extrovert and introvert tendencies), but I'm definitely still an introvert at my core. So, even though I don't necessarily prefer it over real life approaching, online dating just seems better suited for me.

I've also managed to learn how to put forth decent photos on my dating profile(s), a short and concise profile that's funny and sarcastic while telling a bit about myself, and nice funny icebreakers when I message them. Another key is to usually ask them out ASAP after some funny banter, and I've learned how to do this for the most part.

What also helps is that you know a lot of women on these sites are looking to date. In real life, the woman I approach may not be into me, or even be interested in dating anyone.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 07-14-2016 at 01:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships