Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 11:06 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
Hunter, as in he's embraced the traditional gender role of being the initiator and taking charge when it comes to dating and relationships. It's really more slang than anything.
Oh, got it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 11:35 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
It isn't about shaming I consider myself a 4.5 on the looks scale. Why in the hell would I approach a woman who is a 6 or higher? Doing that got me rejected constantly so I stopped hitting on women who were out of my league. Now I only interact with women in social circle. I will not approach a woman I do not know anymore.

What if a "6" woman would think you are "8"? Don't delete your own chances

Old 07-16-2016, 01:38 PM

273 posts, read 209,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Ya, hunter mentality as in you have always enjoyed and embraced the gender role of being the initiator, I guess some guys are genetically Alpha and some are Beta
Yeah, I've always been a take charge kind of person. One of the things that I've realized in life: If you wait around for something that you want, you'll likely be waiting a long time.

I get a little antsy when I'm not actively pursuing SOMETHING in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And I think that particular poster has actually paid money to dating coaches for that kind of hard-hitting advice.
Are you talking about me?

The only person I've ever paid was a guy that helped me put together my online dating profile several years ago. He was doing really well online and I was doing poorly and it was only like $75. So I figured what the hell.

Didn't do much for me though, unfortunately.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:20 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Most women sway somewhat when we walk. It's the shape, size and positioning of our pelvis. But mostly it's the width. With how far apart our hip bones are, technically we should be walking with our legs spread apart, but that's inconvenient, slows one down and is physically vulnerable so we pull our knees in, increasing the sway.

Yes, it biologically translates as a calling card but it will even do that when we are far from turned on...because being turned off or sexually neutral doesn't make our pelvis shrink horizontally so as not to be so wide.

So you may have been imagining things.

I know, I know, cue the backtracking evidential support. "No, I forgot to tell you she looked back over her shoulder, licked her lips, and shook her rear SO hard she knocked over the stack of cups on the counter!" Etc., etc.

P.s. she probably thought your audible snorting noise was a fart.
Ummm, okay.

I know how women walk, I see them walk in front of me everyday. I know what I saw, this was not a natural away from walking. This girl was blatantly shaking her butt, it couldn't have been any more obvious. She never licked her lips or looked over her shoulder, I didn't see the front of her until she turned around and got to the register. I know what I saw, I know how women walk.

I don't honestly care what her reasoning for shaking her butt was. Maybe she just felt like it? I don't know and I don't care.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:10 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarney View Post
Yeah, I've always been a take charge kind of person. One of the things that I've realized in life: If you wait around for something that you want, you'll likely be waiting a long time.

I get a little antsy when I'm not actively pursuing SOMETHING in life.

Are you talking about me?

The only person I've ever paid was a guy that helped me put together my online dating profile several years ago. He was doing really well online and I was doing poorly and it was only like $75. So I figured what the hell.

Didn't do much for me though, unfortunately.
I believe for guys in their formative years, early success with girls in their formative years, sets guys up for positive upward spiral, the confidence and validation through having that reference makes them be better accepting at having to be the initiator and taking charge

Old 07-17-2016, 01:58 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
I believe for guys in their formative years, early success with girls in their formative years, sets guys up for positive upward spiral, the confidence and validation through having that reference makes them be better accepting at having to be the initiator and taking charge
True. Early success with women allows one to believe approaching, etc., is a worthwhile endeavor. The opposite result leads one to believe it simply isn't worth the effort.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:55 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Women hit on me when I visit the south. In NYC women don't hit on men unless if your really good looking.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:08 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have had women tell me women don't care about looks which I know is bullcrap. Not saying women give bad advice on dating but every woman is different. Like you said, I automatically don't trust it because it made me fail in the past.
It depends. For some women looks, matter and for some women, personality, smarts, and intelligence. Are important. I came across women who told me physical attraction isn't everything. It also has a lot to do about their upbringing, environment, social status that determines chemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Women DO care about looks of course...and is about what is appealing to THEM, not some formula that some believe to be the answer for all. Again, it is the dual aspect of outside combined with inner qualities that can draw a woman. I met and dated very nice looking men.. just not super tall, super muscular, model-perfect men, but with nice features, a pleasant voice and a manner that was appealing.

It seems there is a lack of listening with some or that based upon one's own experience, he doesn't buy that women are not all going for only certain attributes. What you guys have got to understand is...there will always be more to it than this, anyway. People can have good dates, good interactions and compatibilities besides physically, yet there can still be issues and differences no matter what. Nothing is automatically perfect for anyone. Even in the best of relationships and situations, there is work involved by both - yet some are not even getting past the meeting phase.
Very true here. From my experience, well living in NYC. Looks are important to a woman and at times a deal breaker. Height is not even important, just as long as a man can dress look, have attractive features, that man is a good to go. One must understand women are very social and can be ridiculed by friends and family for having an unattractive partner. Thus lowering a woman self esteem and self worth.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:53 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
I have hung out in neighborhoods with a lot of single men, especially IT workers, and I have picked up on a trend. These guys will typically follow you in Whole Foods, Target - where ever you are - and either stare at you (if they are brave) or just stand within close proximity to you, AND SAY NOTHING. They are hoping that you will initiate conversation or something.

Anyone else noticing this?

I can't see how this tactic is successful, because most women today still don't have the guts to hit on men.

The digital age no less. Some of you might have read what I have written about dating and relationships in general over the past decade or two. How with the emergence of the tech male in the dating sphere is throwing up some very clear danger flags in regards to their overall social skills , nevermind their dating skills. How could they be any other way when their "heroes" , the pioneering souls behind social media were the most socially inept, passionless , and awkward individuals one could ever met. The qst now becomes what other way could these "lesser" geeks be given that unavoidable influence.

Go to a Wholefoods, a Safeway and you will see the similar scene playing out. And this goes for guys and girls in equal measure. Take a techie in late 20's to early 30's, nice salary, all day and night looking at code or a software release document, only chance to meet or even be around people not from work. The Whole foods journey takes on a great degree of significance. There they can spot an attractive person , even go and put their shopping cart close to the other and kind of just stand there within feet of that stranger and hope and pray that other person will initiate something. No smiles as this would indicate too much "sweetness" , or anything pleasant all told. Just stand there in the hope that telepathy will magically take place and with it a phone number to go along with it.

It is just the erosion in basic social skills that has become a problem given the advent of social media. Little do the social mediaittes understand there is a basic need in all of us for intimacy, closeness in physical and spiritual terms as well. Without it our lives are lacking and we are living breathing human beings afterall. Social media has created a generation of loveless, passionless young people. Ultimately, a large portion of this group will never experience anything close to real love or passion with another human being. Let them have their mega apps and smartphones to stare at on the street and in the bedroom. For I will gladly turn mine off , throw it in the corner, and proceed to share smiles , a little random chat here or there and the joy that comes from being natural in a time of uniform banality and it must be said social trepidation and anxiety foisted upon us by the designers of the digital age.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:25 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
The digital age no less. Some of you might have read what I have written about dating and relationships in general over the past decade or two. How with the emergence of the tech male in the dating sphere is throwing up some very clear danger flags in regards to their overall social skills , nevermind their dating skills. How could they be any other way when their "heroes" , the pioneering souls behind social media were the most socially inept, passionless , and awkward individuals one could ever met. The qst now becomes what other way could these "lesser" geeks be given that unavoidable influence.

Go to a Wholefoods, a Safeway and you will see the similar scene playing out. And this goes for guys and girls in equal measure. Take a techie in late 20's to early 30's, nice salary, all day and night looking at code or a software release document, only chance to meet or even be around people not from work. The Whole foods journey takes on a great degree of significance. There they can spot an attractive person , even go and put their shopping cart close to the other and kind of just stand there within feet of that stranger and hope and pray that other person will initiate something. No smiles as this would indicate too much "sweetness" , or anything pleasant all told. Just stand there in the hope that telepathy will magically take place and with it a phone number to go along with it.

It is just the erosion in basic social skills that has become a problem given the advent of social media. Little do the social mediaittes understand there is a basic need in all of us for intimacy, closeness in physical and spiritual terms as well. Without it our lives are lacking and we are living breathing human beings afterall. Social media has created a generation of loveless, passionless young people. Ultimately, a large portion of this group will never experience anything close to real love or passion with another human being. Let them have their mega apps and smartphones to stare at on the street and in the bedroom. For I will gladly turn mine off , throw it in the corner, and proceed to share smiles , a little random chat here or there and the joy that comes from being natural in a time of uniform banality and it must be said social trepidation and anxiety foisted upon us by the designers of the digital age.
It isn't a basic need for everyone. Many people eschew closeness with others preferring quiet solitude. It isn't something that is needed for personal survival either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships