Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 01:50 PM

641 posts, read 405,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Define winners?

Even an average joe with average looks/personalitys/jobs etc do well with women and I'm sure they wouldn't be classed as " winners " in most people's eyes or would they?.

What's your question? Or is it another rant?
It's a very loose term.

A total lifelong loser, or a lifelong virgin, could win the lottery or get rich off a bet by sheer fluke, does he automatically become a winner?

Surely what people ultimately want is fundamentally a good person. Other qualities are needed to supplement that to supply attraction.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:54 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
It's a very loose term.

A total lifelong loser could win the lottery or get rich off a bet, does he automatically become winner?

Surely what people ultimately want is fundamentally a good person. Other qualities are needed to supplement that to supply attraction.
That would show just how fickle people can be

And the term winner can be construed as whatever one wants it to be

I think vanilla is spot on with her post on ^^^^

Old 05-22-2016, 01:55 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,381,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post

A total lifelong loser could win the lottery or get rich off a bet, does he automatically become a winner?
No. He'll blow through the money in no time at all.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:56 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,302,876 times
Before I started dating my girlfriend I was alone for about 7 months and I didn't think highly of myself at all. If I don't see myself as a winner, how can a woman see me as one? Women like men who like themselves.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:58 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,438,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
It's that simple. Which is why guys spend all their effort trying to become a winner in society.
Why would anyone want a loser?

Old 05-22-2016, 02:05 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,147,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I complete agree with the OP. Women are looking for a guy who is generally smart, hard working, thrifty, honest, kind, and will in life be able to provide a good living. A man might generally be a good man, but if his choice of vocation means he will be in the lower end of the income ladder, he will not gather much interest. If he has rich parents or has or will inherit a great deal of money, this is also attractive. Certainly looks, personality play a role in his attractiveness, but I don't know if I've ever heard of a woman who wanted to marry a poor good looking man, unless maybe she had plenty of money of her own.

Does this mean women are soulless gold diggers who only care about money. NO. Men are no better, as the woman with a great personality, smart and fun is not going to be very popular if she is not physically attractive. But in her case also, if her family has money, this also can raise her popularity and desirability. This is just the way it is. Most people are pretty shallow.
I get what you are saying Augie, and maybe I have been out of the singles loop for too long or something, but reality is money cant buy a happy life or a good relationship.

My husband and I started out together with no money, but we built a Camelot for ourselves as far as the relationship and homelife goes. I could be happy living out of a tent with him, and for a time, I was.

As long as people are focused on materialistic goals and themselves, they will never put enough time and effort into developing something worth a thousand times more.

It is what it is. *shrugs*

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-22-2016 at 09:30 PM..

Old 05-22-2016, 02:06 PM

52,202 posts, read 52,636,749 times
I don't have any real issues with women trying to go for a winner, heck we all want winners, We're animals at the end of the day and that's what animals do in the wild.

It's how we define what is a "winner", for me it's a woman that is self-sufficient, has a pleasant personality and is attractive. She doesn't have to be the hottest looking or whatever, it's the package.

I suspect that this isn't that kind of thread though.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:17 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Cant win them all. But everyday I'm alive and healthy, I'm winning.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:19 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Cant win them all. But everyday I'm alive and healthy, I'm winning.
Love it!!!

( can't rep again.... I've repped too much in the last 24 hours lol )

Old 05-22-2016, 02:31 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,376 times
Apparently, many people don't read the posts here with the the people (both men and women) who are with losers, but don't seem to want to or be able to let them go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships