Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 01:35 PM

10,029 posts, read 7,188,252 times

Advertisements

My wife was 24 when we first met and had never had a boyfriend before. She had never even been on a second date before and only a handful of first dates. She's not ugly at all, she's fit & quite attractive... gets whistled or honked at when she goes running, which she hates lol.

I'm quite sure she could have easily made it to age 25 and never had a boyfriend. If you're shy and introverted... a lot of times people just don't notice you - and most of her friends at the time were about the same in attractiveness but "life of the party" types who sucked all the oxygen out of the room when it came to guys attention. At that time she also didn't wear make-up, get her hair done professionally or dress particularly fashionably - which is HUGE. She does that stuff now and it makes a world of difference for the attention she gets.

So it's not just guys.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:24 PM

641 posts, read 404,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
My wife was 24 when we first met and had never had a boyfriend before. She had never even been on a second date before and only a handful of first dates. She's not ugly at all, she's fit & quite attractive... gets whistled or honked at when she goes running, which she hates lol.

I'm quite sure she could have easily made it to age 25 and never had a boyfriend. If you're shy and introverted... a lot of times people just don't notice you - and most of her friends at the time were about the same in attractiveness but "life of the party" types who sucked all the oxygen out of the room when it came to guys attention. At that time she also didn't wear make-up, get her hair done professionally or dress particularly fashionably - which is HUGE. She does that stuff now and it makes a world of difference for the attention she gets.

So it's not just guys.
She could have still walked into any bar and got attention/offers with minimal effort. Or these days set up OLD profile and got lots of messages.

The difference is there's always opportunity for the average woman in at least those kind of situations, but for any opportunity the average male will have to put in the work and may still get nowhere.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:42 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,285,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Yes I think people realize that giving on dating means you are going to be single. I don't know where the OP implies he doesn't understands this.

Is the idea that single=bad really that entrenched in people's minds?
Only in a closeminded person's mind it's bad. Yes some people like to date but it's foolish to think everyone does. I think there are more serious issues over someone giving up on dating right? You know someone who is actually causing harm to others.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:07 PM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandedx02 View Post
Do what makes you happy. (Traveling alone is seriously a lot of fun, by the way.)

The one thing I'd say is that you're probably going to run into people at times, whether friends or family or nosy acquaintances, who think that you're making a mistake by not putting any energy into finding a partner and will think they can change your mind. Those discussions can be pretty tedious, so be prepared.
Your parents will likely be the first people to give you about it. Best thing you can do is say your dating life ain't up to discussion and stick with it.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:00 PM

249 posts, read 188,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormWagen View Post
I'm 25 and never had a girlfriend. Even nothing has ever happened (not even the slightest interest in me from women), I'm not sure I would want anything in case a woman suddenly wanted to be with me.

I've grown to accustomed to my peace, security and comfort and don't think I would have the patience to deal with the drama, the expectations, the fights, the misunderstandings.

I have an active life, do lots of exercise, have a great dog and plenty of hobbies. I also have a very good group of friends, even though it's harder and harder to be with them these days.

For the first time this year I'll have no company to go on holiday because everyone has something planned with girlfriend and boyfriend. But I'm up for the adventure if travelling on my own. Berlin, Budapest, Prague and Vienna are awaiting me.

Give it up already, you're just wanting attention and you know it.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:01 PM

249 posts, read 188,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
If you are so certain that a romantic relationship will only give you "trouble", then what exactly was the point of starting this thread?
Can't ya see through this poster?
He's been on here before under different identities and always posts the same whinefest about how he's never had a relationship. His user names keep getting deleted but he keeps coming back using new names.
I'm pretty sure these are 2 of his past identities but there are more out there----
//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...6-1965104.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...r-1964286.html

Old 05-24-2016, 06:25 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,869,940 times
25 is when it gets easy lol

Old 05-24-2016, 06:32 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,732,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormWagen View Post
I'm 25 and never had a girlfriend. Even nothing has ever happened (not even the slightest interest in me from women), I'm not sure I would want anything in case a woman suddenly wanted to be with me.

I've grown to accustomed to my peace, security and comfort and don't think I would have the patience to deal with the drama, the expectations, the fights, the misunderstandings.

I have an active life, do lots of exercise, have a great dog and plenty of hobbies. I also have a very good group of friends, even though it's harder and harder to be with them these days.

For the first time this year I'll have no company to go on holiday because everyone has something planned with girlfriend and boyfriend. But I'm up for the adventure if travelling on my own. Berlin, Budapest, Prague and Vienna are awaiting me.
You seem like you don't need a woman right now. Just keep pursuing your hobbies and don't let the "no woman" thing boil inside your head. It will wreck you in the long term.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
You get off your butt and find that freaken puppy!!!!

Old 05-24-2016, 08:17 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,474,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
She could have still walked into any bar and got attention/offers with minimal effort. Or these days set up OLD profile and got lots of messages.

The difference is there's always opportunity for the average woman in at least those kind of situations, but for any opportunity the average male will have to put in the work and may still get nowhere.
I hear what you are saying, but the kinds of offers one gets in a bar and the vast majority of online dating are pretty low quality offers if one is looking for a relationship. You might argue that it's better to get some interest than none and that is logical until you realize the interest is on par with saying a spam email is someone interested in writing to you or a telephone solicitor is someone who is interested in talking to you. They aren't interested in you. They are interested in what they can get from you. I guess the male equivalent would be a gold digger hooking her claws into you. She doesn't care about you, just what she can get from you.

It's a case of the classic The Grass Is Greener.

Personally I'd rather no one approach me in a bar rather than drunk, crude men looking for a one night stand. It's not flattering, it's insulting. I bet a lot of men would also rather the gold digger leave them alone too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.