Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 11:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Yup, like most people in general, who feel it is the masculine, man's role to be the initiator and pursuer, damn you society, and damn you and your bizarre social norms
They aren't really bizarre. It's the way the world works, I exist in the world, so that's what I do. It actually can be kind of fun at times when you get in the right head space.

I also don't have recruiters calling me and offering me jobs, yet I keep managing to keep working.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:30 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Yup, like most people in general, who feel it is the masculine, man's role to be the initiator and pursuer, damn you society, and damn you and your bizarre social norms
Is this a problem for you in other aspects besides dating? Like, do you have a hard time ordering a pizza? Making a doctor's appointment? Or are those things safely done online with no human interaction?

Old 05-24-2016, 11:31 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
They aren't really bizarre. It's the way the world works, I exist in the world, so that's what I do. It actually can be kind of fun at times when you get in the right head space.
Why are they fun? Why should a guy not detest having to be the approacher, initiator?

Old 05-24-2016, 11:32 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Is this a problem for you in other aspects besides dating? Like, do you have a hard time ordering a pizza? Making a doctor's appointment? Or are those things safely done online with no human interaction?
No those are entirely different matters, same with applying for a job, job interviews, etc.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Why are they fun? Why should a guy not detest having to be the approacher, initiator?
You can detest whatever you want to detest. And I'm not always the initiator, the last couple of women I dated initiated with me, but that didn't happen until I was in my late 30s or 40s. When you're a kid it is different, especially with someone like me that wasn't good looking, not so great skin, a bit flabby...

But yeah, it is fun, meeting someone, being attracted to them, courting them, having them reciprocate sometimes (hardly all the time, it was often infrequent in my teens and 20s) and then the sexy times.

So go ahead and detest it. Even when I detested it I did it anyway, because it was the only way to get what I wanted. I have to live life on life's terms, the world isn't changing for me. Whining about the world certainly didn't change anything, and it just got me further from what I wanted.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:36 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
Yes, 25 is too young.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:42 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

I also don't have recruiters calling me and offering me jobs, yet I keep managing to keep working.
This is not same thing as dating. No person has ever become destitute from not having an intimate relationship.

Some men do not enjoy having the role of initiator. It is not natural to them.

And some people do not want to bed in relationships. Maybe people should just accept that they are different instead of calling them defective.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:45 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
It's never too young to give up on relationships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
This is not same thing as dating. No person has ever become destitute from not having an intimate relationship.

And some people do not want to bed in relationships. Maybe people should just accept that they are different instead of calling them defective.

I would be destitute of intimacy, which is critical for healthy living.

I never said anything about being in a bad relationship.

I also never called anyone defective.

I also did not enjoy it for most of my life. I don't enjoy lots of things I need to do to get what I want. I've learned to enjoy it, most of the time, because it results in success, a respectable chunk of the time.

Go ahead and be different. I don't give a crud.

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post

And that's fine, except that it doesn't really fly for wanting a romantic relationship. Somebody has to make the first move, whether that be asking someone out for the first time, or suggesting a date later on, or pulling the trigger for dinner, or letting an SO know that sexytimes are on the table. It's a constant give and take between partners. Mogwailover can detest doing this until the end of time, but it really doesn't make him good relationship material.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 05-24-2016 at 11:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships