Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 09:26 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm sure some will ridicule this article, saying they don't care about such 'superficial' things, but let's face it the facts don't lie in general. Nothing wrong though with people preferring a potential date based on looks, it's human nature.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/man-get...232913338.html

And this
yep, I admit it. I like guys with full hair. Super shallow. Sue me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 09:30 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Can't really compare those two photos. Have him take the same goofy photo as shown by the first one after the transplant and he's not going to get much either.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:35 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
He does look facially very different in the two pictures. Not because of the hair. The face. Anyone can see it.

That doesn't mean some of us don't love a great head of hair.

But if the argument is that women pretend to be open to dating non-hotties in order to not appear shallow yet in our typical shallow liar fashion, refuse anyone but the best-looking guys, you can't prove it by the amount of very very non-handsome men I see wandering everywhere hand in hand with cute girls. Just an observation.

But thanks for yet another "women are all useless liars and entirely full of it and over-demanding" thread. We needed one, it's been nearly ten minutes.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:43 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm sure some will ridicule this article, saying they don't care about such 'superficial' things, but let's face it the facts don't lie in general. Nothing wrong though with people preferring a potential date based on looks, it's human nature.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/man-get...232913338.html

And this
Yeah. Anybody who claims that looks don't matter to them is either blind or a liar. And really, given my extremely limited experience on those dating sites (My wife and I, for giggles, created profiles on eHarmony one night), aren't you really looking at the picture and then reading up on them? Right?

So before you can have those deep and soulful conversations, before you can plumb their souls, you have to like the cut of their jibs. That means, to widen the pool of potential prospects, you have to take care of yourself. That's why I have little tolerance for people who never exercise, eat poorly, and dress badly (You can dress nicely without spending a mint, by the way) and then complain why no one notices them.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:53 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yeah. Anybody who claims that looks don't matter to them is either blind or a liar. And really, given my extremely limited experience on those dating sites (My wife and I, for giggles, created profiles on eHarmony one night), aren't you really looking at the picture and then reading up on them? Right?

So before you can have those deep and soulful conversations, before you can plumb their souls, you have to like the cut of their jibs. That means, to widen the pool of potential prospects, you have to take care of yourself. That's why I have little tolerance for people who never exercise, eat poorly, and dress badly (You can dress nicely without spending a mint, by the way) and then complain why no one notices them.

I agree, even in the case I'll mention next. Certainly some people just have bad luck. The person we see now who doesn't seem to care about their appearance might be kind of depressed because when they did try, no one seemed to notice. Same with attitudes. I think we're quick to label someone a whiner and attribute their lack of social success to their whining. That may often be accurate, but sometimes whiners are made, not born.

For emphasis, giving up, even when it seems a tad bit understandable, never helps so I'm not advocating that so much as advocating for considering the possibilities a bit more fully.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:59 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Honestly, I don't think his hair looks that great in the second photo (and he looks like a smirking douche) but it is a better photo than the first one.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:05 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Honestly, I don't think his hair looks that great in the second photo (and he looks like a smirking douche) but it is a better photo than the first one.

I saw smirking douche also, but he's posed better, his fairly decent physique is more visible, he's scruffy, and so it's not apples to apples in any case.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:09 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I agree, even in the case I'll mention next. Certainly some people just have bad luck. The person we see now who doesn't seem to care about their appearance might be kind of depressed because when they did try, no one seemed to notice. Same with attitudes. I think we're quick to label someone a whiner and attribute their lack of social success to their whining. That may often be accurate, but sometimes whiners are made, not born.

For emphasis, giving up, even when it seems a tad bit understandable, never helps so I'm not advocating that so much as advocating for considering the possibilities a bit more fully.
Well, it's a numbers thing to be sure. But I know lots of people who have struggled in the looks department but enjoy strong relationships in their lives. Heck, one of my best friends is 4'11 and he married a total hottie. Because Cecil never confused his height with his stature.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:30 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, it's a numbers thing to be sure. But I know lots of people who have struggled in the looks department but enjoy strong relationships in their lives. Heck, one of my best friends is 4'11 and he married a total hottie. Because Cecil never confused his height with his stature.
4'11" AND named Cecil? That's rough.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:44 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
There's nothing WRONG with women wanting to be physically turned on by their men, but women like to promote the idea that they are LESS shallow than men. And yes, some women do date men who appear to be much less attractive than them, but it's not because she's not shallow, it just means she's made sure that he has money, or status, or swagger.

THAT's the rub, that men get aggravated about, that many women promote the idea that they are morally superior because they only look for *real* qualities in men, whereas men only want big breasts and a DTF attitude in a woman.

I'm not "paying" anything that some other women said, neither will a lot of women, so I thinks it's best you figure out everyone are individuals. The women who said that may have meant it and shown with their decisions.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships