Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 06:22 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times

Advertisements

Hmmm...wonder how he'd pull just shaving it all off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 06:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Hmmm...wonder how he'd pull just shaving it all off
Got mad Photoshop skills? Take it off and post a pic.

Or somebody do that. It's an interesting question! Then we can vote on whether he looks good or bad bald.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:28 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
I'd swipe right on the first picture, not so much on the second.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:30 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,335 times
I doubt it's just the hairstyle change that's leading to him getting more attention. His overall demeanor and vibe probably made a bigger impact.

The dude looks like your ordinary run-of-the-mill middle class guy in the first pic. Dime-a-dozen. He probably looked kinda uninteresting in the eyes of a lot of women.

The dude looks like he has a bit of swagger in the second pic. Clothes, pose, facial expression, the whole nine. It's like he thinks he's the MAN. And the lighting makes a difference too...makes him look a bit exotic.

The two pics are really an apples-to-oranges comparison. It doesn't really mean anything useful or noteworthy. I agree with the comment(s) that this whole thing seems more like subtle marketing for hair transplants and Yahoo site clicks.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:27 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Is this really news? How is it different from anyone preferring a variety of physical improvements, whether it's cosmetic dental procedures, non-invasive cosmetic procedures, makeup, and other beauty or cosmetic enhancements?

I bet the results would be similar if it was a woman who sports a short pixie haircut vs. the same woman with shoulder-length hair. Why? Because the majority of men prefer longer hair on women, just like a lot of women prefer men with hair. So what? A lot of men also prefer women look put together and aesthetically pleasing. We all have preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
There's nothing WRONG with women wanting to be physically turned on by their men, but women like to promote the idea that they are LESS shallow than men. And yes, some women do date men who appear to be much less attractive than them, but it's not because she's not shallow, it just means she's made sure that he has money, or status, or swagger.

THAT's the rub, that men get aggravated about, that many women promote the idea that they are morally superior because they only look for *real* qualities in men, whereas men only want big breasts and a DTF attitude in a woman.
*sigh*

I care about looks insomuch that I have to be physically attracted to the individual. I've also dated a number of "less attractive" men who had neither money or status. They weren't known for their "swagger," either.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:38 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
I think he looks more appealing and approachable in the first photo.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:47 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm sure some will ridicule this article, saying they don't care about such 'superficial' things, but let's face it the facts don't lie in general. Nothing wrong though with people preferring a potential date based on looks, it's human nature.
He looks more attracrtive after the transplant because he feels like he looks more attractive! That's the sexy part, the look on a guy's face that says: "This is about the best I've ever looked"

Women know the feeling, bad hair day you don't want to see anyone you know, you hope the day goes by quickly, you may not assert yourself at a meeting because your inner voice is saying: who do I think I am with this flat stringy hair and sunburn, I seriously look like an onion, no I don't have anything to say..."

Next day, great hair, tan starts to replace sunburn, walk in with head held high, smiling at everyone, favorite shoes on because: hey look at me, Happy Hump day, lets have a meeting I have something to say

You look better when you feel good about yourself, and that's projected, more people of the opposite sex, (both sexes!) are drawn to you.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:01 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think he looks more appealing and approachable in the first photo.
Me, too. Definitely prefer the first photo. I'm not a fan of photos with flash.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:55 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,134 times
What a handsome man!

Old 05-26-2016, 09:42 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Not sure why you are assuming this, I started shaving my head at 22 or 23 and didn't have really any noticeable hair loss. It just looked better.
My assumption derived from my life experience that men with full heads of hair rarely shave their head, evidently you are just exceptional! I don't see that the guy I directed the comment to has denied my assertion.

Were you trying to emulate someone? Your father, Michael Jordan, Lenin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships