Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 08:53 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,744,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I personally find him much more attractive in the first picture than the second. I'd pass on the second but would take a further look at the first. It's not just the hair - in his first picture, he looks more approachable; as others have said, in the second, he looks like a douche.

LOL

Shocking, right?! I've complained ad naseum about being invisible on OLD sites. Wonder what would happen if I were to create a new profile using a recent picture of me in a little black dress taken at a very flattering angle?
I did an experiment on OKC. I hadn't profile where I have super natural make up with more authentic text. I had another with glam makeup and less text.

The difference was interesting. The 2nd profile with the glam makeup got more hits, less authentic people and more comments about my looks as a first message. The 2nd got fewer messages and a higher percentage were my type. But the my types found the other profile too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 11:22 AM

5,312 posts, read 6,083,415 times
The same thing happened to my friend when as an experiment he moved his height from 5'8 to 5'11

His replies tripled but he didn't follow up and try to get a date lying he just wanted to see how much height effects replies

Old 05-30-2016, 11:27 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,076,035 times
He's a nice looking guy but yeah, that first photo is kind of off putting. It would be a more accurate comparison if the photos were more comparable.

But sure, yes, women can be just as shallow as men and in a context where the only thing you are going by is physical appearance, a guy with better hair will get more matches.

Just like a woman is likely to get more matches if she changes her hair from brown to blond, short hair to long, or smaller to bigger boobs, a little overweight to skinny and so on and so on.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:54 AM

511 posts, read 400,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
This guy got 200 matches? I hope 200 out of about 5,000 swipes.
You're telling me! I've got all my hair and I get zero matches all the time, every time.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:05 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,549,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
You're telling me! I've got all my hair and I get zero matches all the time, every time.
You have too much. I don't swipe right for bald or beards.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:56 PM

511 posts, read 400,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You have too much. I don't swipe right for bald or beards.
I don't think Sugarland is in my match radius, Grammie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships