Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 01:06 PM

458 posts, read 329,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It's a great indication though surely?

Can you define or be more specific with commitment please?, I've always looked at it as just being there for one another and basically just putting the needed effort in?.

Cheers
Well... what I mean is, you can be in a marriage physically for a long period of time, but not be there emotionally. I was under the impression that you meant the length of time was an indicator of commitment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 01:09 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
Well... what I mean is, you can be in a marriage physically for a long period of time, but not be there emotionally. I was under the impression that you meant the length of time was an indicator of commitment.
Oh sorry for not being clearer

Old 05-28-2016, 05:12 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Nah, time doesn't mean your committed honey.
No....it doesn't. I was with my ex for 20 years, married 18 of those 20. But, I ceased to be committed to her after about five yearsor so in. Because iI realized, at that point, it was all just an illusion, except for my son. So, I poured all my love and commitment into him. My family saw through my now ex, early on. That she wanted to trap me, and her getting pregnant, despite careful precautions, sent up a flag. To their credit, they said nothing till after the split. They let me find out the truth for myself.

Its clear of such things that put people off on a serious commitment. That the person their committing to will try and change who they are. Try and take away their identity and make them over again in an image that suits the identity of the other person. Truth fly, I understand that trepidation, having experienced the reason for it. I lost who I am for a while. Completely lost sight of the man I really am, and it sucked. Never again. The same thing had happened go the lady I'm with now, except her now ex tried to beat change into her with his fists.

Yet, she took a chance on me. It just couldn't have been easy for her to do, either. If she was willing to show such courage, for my sake, how could I not reciprocate? Her courage and selflessness was inspirational. There is no way I can even think of disappointing her, and its impossible to not love her, unconditionally, with all my heart and soul. She IS the definition of commitment for me. She took all my fear, anger and resentment away, and laid her heart and soul on the line to do it. Proudly, and also humbly, I am hers, forever.

Old 05-28-2016, 06:51 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,832 times
Now when you say Commitment Issues, are you referring to marriage, or monogamous relationship? I'm not sure that I'll ever get married again after my one horrible marriage, but with the right woman I strongly believe in committing to a monogamous relationship. This doesn't necessarily mean move in together, but exclusivity.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:24 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,906,908 times
Quote:
I hear it all the time. My girlfriends continue to fuss about their boyfriends/husbands and their lack of commitment. Why do men have so many commitment issues? I mean how hard is it too follow through? How hard is it to be loyal and faithful and just want that one person? If the commitment is a struggle, does that mean, that person isn't the one?
Are you sure the men have commitment issues because if two people are not committed then something is mutual.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:28 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
I hear it all the time. My girlfriends continue to fuss about their boyfriends/husbands and their lack of commitment. Why do men have so many commitment issues? I mean how hard is it too follow through? How hard is it to be loyal and faithful and just want that one person? If the commitment is a struggle, does that mean, that person isn't the one?

Oh come on... plenty of women have commitment issues too, let's keep it real here.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:44 PM

458 posts, read 329,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Oh come on... plenty of women have commitment issues too, let's keep it real here.
Lol. Yes, plenty of women do too!

Old 05-28-2016, 07:57 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That's oh so true. Lots of jaded women out there that got saddled JP with abusers, control freaks , cheagers, etc, that are plenty spooked of committing. The door swings both ways.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:48 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Commitment issues.... My middle name.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:47 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
That's SOME men. Some of us don 't have issues at all with love, commitment and fidelity. If any person, male or female, struggles with those attributes they should be given a wide berth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships