Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 04:33 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaJackson View Post
I thought outdoorsy stuff was what everyone liked doing not something one person would bend on. Otherwise outdoorsy folks are generally not compatible with non-outdoorsy people who feel they are bending that day to do what the other wants. Just my thinking of course

Often someone who doesn't want to "date" someone they barely know is also doesn't want to get STD's or be kissed by someone they barely know. Just my opinion but dating is for the birds!
Well Naturally in central London hiking is out of the question LOL and I'm much more of a drink/meal/Make of a night of it sort of bloke and that's an essential part somewhere down the line for me!

What I'm saying is that other people have different interests and other ways towards dating and with you saying I'm quite flexible I'm confirming it for you and more than willing to try other avenues if she wanted to do or try something

Well again each to their own but for me the early stages of dating and getting to know one another is what's fun about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 04:36 PM

52 posts, read 48,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Well Naturally in central London hiking is out of the question LOL and I'm much more of a drink/meal/Make of a night of it sort of bloke and that's an essential part somewhere down the line for me!

What I'm saying is that other people have different interests and other ways towards dating and with you saying I'm quite flexible I'm confirming it for you and more than willing to try other avenues if she wanted to do or try something

Well again each to their own but for me the early stages of dating and getting to know one another is what's fun about it
Yes so true. It's easy for me to to forget where we live and the wether plays into much into what is available regarding activities.The people I've met from England like you always seem to be quite flexible in what they are willing to do compared to Americans. And they have a cool accent!

Old 05-28-2016, 04:40 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaJackson View Post
Yes so true. It's easy for me to to forget where we live and the wether plays into much into what is available regarding activities.The people I've met from England like you always seem to be quite flexible in what they are willing to do compared to Americans. And they have a cool accent!
Yes well I've heard that my accent would help " convince " women over there to be more flexible and open.... lol

We certainly are an easy going bunch and always game for a laugh or 2 which is the way to be IMO

Old 05-28-2016, 04:40 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
1. I am 39 years old
2. The last time I went on a date was 8 months ago.
3. You twisted what I posted around. I never stated that a woman that is overweight or has children is a
"lesser being" but why should a single, very fit (for any age), childless man like myself have to settle
for a woman who has poor eating habits and/or has made a poor choice/poor choices in the
man/men that she decided to have a kid(s) with in the past?
Shouldn't I be able to find a woman that is compatible without having to settle like unfortunately a
lot of other guys have to due to the competition and numbers game?
The reality is that any woman average-looking and up even if they are a single mother doesn't have to
settle while average-looking men and even good-looking men often have to settle due to the scarcity
of decent-looking, fit, childless women out there.
I'm not twisting your words at all. You are very clear about what you think. But the bolded above is exactly why you are wrong- no one HAS to date, no one HAS to settle, no one HAS to marry, no one HAS to live with someone. People choose to date the people they choose to date. Is someone making you date women you are not attracted to and not compatible with? No? Then you are just whining about something that doesn't affect you in the least, because no one is making you date anyone.

And you need to get off this "single moms made bad choices" bit - it literally makes no sense. Men who choose not to parent their children are the ones making bad choices.

And one more point, you are waaaaaay to old (I am a bit older than you are) to be whining and whinging about all the "bad looking single moms" out there. Way too old. At your age you should be maturing and realizing that people have far more depth and importance than this. Unless you are extremely immature or still pretending you are 25?

For all the judgments you're making, you have to understand that there are plenty of people who would pass judgment on you for being 39 and never married. How does that make you feel?

Old 05-28-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yes well I've heard that my accent would help " convince " women over there to be more flexible and open.... lol

We certainly are an easy going bunch and always game for a laugh or 2 which is the way to be IMO
Cool!

Old 05-28-2016, 04:52 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
1. I am 39 years old
2. The last time I went on a date was 8 months ago.
[b]3. You twisted what I posted around. I never stated that a woman that is overweight or has children is a "lesser being" but why should a single, very fit (for any age), childless man like myself have to settle for a woman who has poor eating habits and/or has made a poor choice/poor choices in the man/men that she decided to have a kid(s) with in the past?
You think it's "settling" due to your preference. If that is the case then simply don't date people you're not interested in. But please do speak for yourself and only yourself. For example, I wouldn't date a man who is not a feminist, who is not very progressive like myself, and who is not atheist, agnostic, etc. I also prefer men with nice smiles. But I only speak for myself. Surely there are others who share similar views who don't share this criteria. Just because I am x, y z or believe x, y and z does not mean others who are similar share my dating preferences.

Quote:
Shouldn't I be able to find a woman that is compatible without having to settle like unfortunately a lot of other guys have to due to the competition and numbers game?
But you're the one who believes it's settling. Perhaps these other guys don't share this view. And if by compatible you're referring to HWP and childless you've set the bar pretty low.

Quote:
The reality is that any woman average-looking and up even if they are a single mother doesn't have to settle while average-looking men and even good-looking men often have to settle due to the scarcity of decent-looking, fit, childless women out there.
You're right that I didn't "have" to settle, but not because I'm attractive or whatever. It's because I have something to offer, something of value, something the other individual values.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:55 PM

50 posts, read 49,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I'm not twisting your words at all. You are very clear about what you think. But the bolded above is exactly why you are wrong- no one HAS to date, no one HAS to settle, no one HAS to marry, no one HAS to live with someone. People choose to date the people they choose to date. Is someone making you date women you are not attracted to and not compatible with? No? Then you are just whining about something that doesn't affect you in the least, because no one is making you date anyone.

And you need to get off this "single moms made bad choices" bit - it literally makes no sense. Men who choose not to parent their children are the ones making bad choices.

And one more point, you are waaaaaay to old (I am a bit older than you are) to be whining and whinging about all the "bad looking single moms" out there. Way too old. At your age you should be maturing and realizing that people have far more depth and importance than this. Unless you are extremely immature or still pretending you are 25?

For all the judgments you're making, you have to understand that there are plenty of people who would pass judgment on you for being 39 and never married. How does that make you feel?

That's typical of a feminist to blame the man.
Men don't have the ability to have kids while women do so while the man isn't innocent, it's a single mother's fault for deciding to spread her legs for a deadbeat.

There are more men than you think out there who have never been married at 39 and even older.
I've never been married at 39 because I just haven't found a woman that I view as marriage material.
I've been in relationships before but I've broken them off for various reasons and a big reason in a couple more recent ones was that the woman morphed into a feminist over time and I want no part of that.
Also, marriage is a very risky proposition in today's age where women have so many options and any smart man should make sure that he signs a prenuptual agreement.
I've also been responsible in my life in that I've made sure to wear protection during sex so that I make sure that I don't get any woman that I'm not sure I'm going to be with long term, pregnant.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
You think it's "settling" due to your preference. If that is the case then simply don't date people you're not interested in. But please do speak for yourself and only yourself. For example, I wouldn't date a man who is not a feminist, who is not very progressive like myself, and who is not atheist, agnostic, etc.
You wouldn't date man who is not progressive? isn't that a form of "setting?"

For a man in his child bearing years who is fit and good looking, stable and isn't interested in raising others kids or taking on a woman from a broken home due to the baggage, he certainly cannot loose by wanting equally what he has to give. It's just a risk he's not willing to take. People who are obese are more likely to be unhealthy, I am not sure who would desire that. Not always of course but much much more likely to be unhealthy. In both mind and body.

Kinda like your "progressive" requirement you pat yourself on the back for being...whatever that means, that you will not "Settle" on. OR this weird "feminist" requirement for men, lol. This is a bizarre post

Old 05-28-2016, 05:00 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Overweight and obesity rates by gender. Overweight and Obesity Rates for Adults by Gender | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Illinois: men: 68.4%. Women: 59.3%.

Nationally: men: 70%. Women: 58.1%.

EVERY SINGLE state shows MORE overweight men than women. There are NO states where the women even match, much less exceed men in overweight, though a few come close.

Now I *think* a higher percentage of women will be obese than men v. in the overweight but not yet obese category, but that's now a matter of degree. Still more men are overweight, period. In some cases - Illinois, for example - significantly more.

I'm gonna guess that he is not going to let facts get in the way of his opinion.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-28-2016, 05:03 PM

50 posts, read 49,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I wouldn't date a man who is not a feminist, who is not very progressive like myself, and who is not atheist, agnostic, etc. I also prefer men with nice smiles. But I only speak for myself. Surely there are others who share similar views who don't share this criteria. Just because I am x, y z or believe x, y and z does not mean others who are similar share my dating preferences.

But you're the one who believes it's settling. Perhaps these other guys don't share this view. And if by compatible you're referring to HWP and childless you've set the bar pretty low.

You're right that I didn't "have" to settle, but not because I'm attractive or whatever. It's because I have something to offer, something of value, something the other individual values.

Why am I not surprised that as a former single mother of 3 kids that you're a feminist, progressive-type which is many mens' worst nightmare including myself as I'm a Republican who is on the Conservative side. Conservatives tend to make better decisions financially and otherwise than liberals so I'm not surprised that you're a "progressive-type."

What of value besides sex do you have to offer to your husband might I ask?
I could never live with a feminist, Hillary Clinton-type much less with kids that I didn't create.
I would go nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships