Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 11:56 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,346,212 times

Advertisements

What do you believe from both sides of the men and women do you think makes the dating world hard today in terms of dating, hook ups , marriages, stable relationships? Why has it been hard to find a permanent stable relationship in your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 12:14 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
Headgames, playing, trying to take upper hand /leading position.

"I don't text for 2 days so she/he will not think I am too interested/desperate" ... and pffftttt........

Say what you mean, do what you said and stop faking.

Old 05-28-2016, 12:54 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,771,788 times
I think it can all be traced back to the daycare kennels most people were stuck in, as children. Having to routinely defend yourself against other children (many of them budding psychopaths), at an age when a young primate should still be at its mother's side (and protected by her, and her family group), can render you incapable of truly loving and caring for others.

I think that most people, today, are mere hollowed-out husks of humans. They're selfish and cynical. And they're incapable of being anything else. How can the level of unselfishness required for true bonding be expected of such people?

You can search your whole life, and never connect with someone who is emotionally intact. People are like a mass of Zombies, staggering around, looking for a live human with an intact brain. Just as Zombies sense that other Zombies have nothing to offer, and so do not attempt to eat each other, Daycare Survivors eventually reject each other - always looking for that 'real' person. But there aren't enough Real People to go around.

Looking behind the carefully constructed shells - the hot cars, the hot clothes, the toned bodies, the carefully-conditioned hair, the desirable degrees - there's hardly anyone left, who isn't one of the Undead.

Old 05-28-2016, 12:56 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Sex is the most important aspect.
Checklist of requirements.
Game playing.
Text messages.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:18 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Women don't have it hard in dating at all. I know many of you are gonna tell me I'm wrong but deep down you know women don't have to work as hard when it comes to dating. Men have it harder because they have to go through rejection more.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Women don't have it hard in dating at all. I know many of you are gonna tell me I'm wrong but deep down you know women don't have to work as hard when it comes to dating. Men have it harder because they have to go through rejection more.
i don't think so.
No gender has it easier

Old 05-28-2016, 01:38 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Relying on too much technology and social media.
Head games.
Insecurities.
Need for instant self gratification.

Also it's not about who has it harder. Both men and women have their struggles. In my personal experience, I just don't connect with a lot of people. I don't consider that a struggle. It just is. According to other people I should be dating or have had a handfull of bfs by now.

Last edited by Auraliea; 05-28-2016 at 01:55 AM..

Old 05-28-2016, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Relying on too much technology and social media.
Head games.
Insecurities.
Need for instant self gratification.

Also it's not about who has it harder. Both men and women have their struggles. In my personal experience, I just don't connect with a lot of people. I don't consider that a struggle. It just is. According to other people Ishould be dating or have had a handfull of bfs by now.
Thats wierd i got exactly the same comments as you did

I think a lot of people fail to realize being compatitible with someone is really hard .

Old 05-28-2016, 02:03 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
What do you believe from both sides of the men and women do you think makes the dating world hard today in terms of dating, hook ups , marriages, stable relationships? Why has it been hard to find a permanent stable relationship in your opinion?
Has it ever been easy? Read this the other day:

Dating Has Always Been Like Work - The Atlantic

[]

Old 05-28-2016, 02:58 AM

641 posts, read 405,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
All women need to do is pick out a good guy and be good to him (not always easy but the many girls who are approached a lot shouldn't find it that tough). Many more options as well with OLD.

Men need to find a good, available woman, make all the moves and convince her that he's worth giving a chance to, which is a lot tougher overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships